CarSpyShots

CarSpyShots (http://www.carspyshots.net/index.php)
-   New Cars 2017/2018 (http://www.carspyshots.net/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   2018 Lexus LS (http://www.carspyshots.net/showthread.php?t=23720)

The Car-man 12-08-2016 09:04 PM

2018Lexus LS

Tease of the upcoming all new Lexus LS due for début at the Detroit motor show.

<a href="http://www.autoblog.com/2016/12/08/lexus-ls-detroit-auto-show-debut/">2018 Lexus LS tease</a>

effew 12-10-2016 08:02 AM

Maybe they'll get it right...

This is the one car that I feel should have its own look in the brand, as the flagship luxury sedan, it needs an elegance and a look that shouts luxury but is still Lexus. The last model I felt sure looked like a Lexus but didn't really stand out as the flagship of the brand like it should have. I mean when with Mercedes even though all the c,e,s range went to a similar look and style, but when you see an S-Class, you know you're looking at and S-Class and not just a Mercedes. I guess what I'm saying is it needs a presence this time around but the sneak peek may have sealed that.

swizzle 12-10-2016 02:07 PM

They need to build the concept like they did with the LC500. And yes, I know the LC500 isn't literally the concept, but it's damn close.

Levi 12-12-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by effew (Post 482205)
This is the one car that I feel should have its own look in the brand, as the flagship luxury sedan, it needs an elegance and a look that shouts luxury but is still Lexus. The last model I felt sure looked like a Lexus but didn't really stand out as the flagship of the brand like it should have. I mean when with Mercedes even though all the c,e,s range went to a similar look and style, but when you see an S-Class, you know you're looking at and S-Class and not just a Mercedes. I guess what I'm saying is it needs a presence this time around but the sneak peek may have sealed that.

When I look at the S Class, I don't know if it is a C Class, E Class or really an S Class. When I look at the A8 and the 7 Series, at least I know they are a large A4 and 3 Series.

ElementW 12-13-2016 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi (Post 482220)
When I look at the S Class, I don't know if it is a C Class, E Class or really an S Class. When I look at the A8 and the 7 Series, at least I know they are a large A4 and 3 Series.

And/or vice versa. Where's the styling imagination in that?

Naga Royal Guard 12-13-2016 04:34 AM

They have 2, maybe 3 generations to make up. The third Generation LS was in for 2000 and gone in 2006; a clean generation. The LS started with the now abandoned L-finesse Lexus motiff of ovals hiding within trapezoids and then the hellknowswhat spindle grille / evil shrine effect for it's second facelift.

The LC proves there is some serious passion within the Lexuscorp but will this sedan take the sales lead that it once enjoyed? And will it offer 2 wheelbases again?

Levi 12-13-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard (Post 482236)
They have 2, maybe 3 generations to make up. The third Generation LS was in for 2000 and gone in 2006; a clean generation. The LS started with the now abandoned L-finesse Lexus motiff of ovals hiding within trapezoids and then the hellknowswhat spindle grille / evil shrine effect for it's second facelift.

The LC proves there is some serious passion within the Lexuscorp but will this sedan take the sales lead that it once enjoyed? And will it offer 2 wheelbases again?

LS come in "LWB" only, This is a good thing IMO, because sedans that come with two wheelbases have one or both that look disproportional. LWB usually looks worse, because rear door is just too long.

mick78 12-13-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi (Post 482238)
LS come in "LWB" only, This is a good thing IMO, because sedans that come with two wheelbases have one or both that look disproportional. LWB usually looks worse, because rear door is just too long.

Or, inb case of the Mercedes S-Class, the SWB looks weird, slightly. But anyway, I don't think a "not chauffeur version" (=SWB) version of such cars is really necessary, why would you buy an S-Class or whatever luxury car if rear passenger comfort is not important? There are coupes for that, if you are rich and self driver....

IcedG35 12-13-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick78 (Post 482247)
Or, inb case of the Mercedes S-Class, the SWB looks weird, slightly. But anyway, I don't think a "not chauffeur version" (=SWB) version of such cars is really necessary, why would you buy an S-Class or whatever luxury car if rear passenger comfort is not important? There are coupes for that, if you are rich and self driver....

I'd assume the SWB sells well where you have smaller roads and smaller parking spaces in many European countries. clearly not an issue in the US where we only get LWB now.

mick78 12-13-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedG35 (Post 482256)
I'd assume the SWB sells well where you have smaller roads and smaller parking spaces in many European countries. clearly not an issue in the US where we only get LWB now.

Given the same width, the 10-15cm drop in wheelbase makes them hardly any easier to maneuver, and usually these park in a garage or private spot, so again, not really an issue. Only cars that seem to sell in SWB is where the LWB version looks very awkward....