CarSpyShots

CarSpyShots (http://www.carspyshots.net/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.carspyshots.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Some Idle thoughts... (http://www.carspyshots.net/showthread.php?t=20484)

63Bonneville 12-01-2011 08:52 PM

Some Idle thoughts...

Idle thought of the day: How come in the Disney/Pixar "Cars" films, all that are living in this apparent parallel universe are modes of transportation, from cars, to trucks, to boats, airplanes and trains, with no human or animal existence, or evidence of it, but the "Dinoco" logo for the fuel they use is an actual dinosaur in animal-form?

chef211 12-02-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 63Bonneville (Post 429429)
Idle thought of the day: How come in the Disney/Pixar "Cars" films, all that are living in this apparent parallel universe are modes of transportation, from cars, to trucks, to boats, airplanes and trains, with no human or animal existence, or evidence of it, but the "Dinoco" logo for the fuel they use is an actual dinosaur in animal-form?

I never even knew that.

Rob 12-02-2011 09:13 AM

my mind = blown

Naga Royal Guard 12-10-2011 04:13 PM

i still havent seen this movie

against the wall 12-10-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 63Bonneville (Post 429429)

easter egg. Dinoco is in every Pixar movie. Same with the Pizza Planet Toyota truck.

63Bonneville 12-10-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by against the wall (Post 429806)
easter egg. Dinoco is in every Pixar movie. Same with the Pizza Planet Toyota truck.

I knew about the Pizza Planet Toyota pickup (with the "YO" only showing on the tailgate) having a slight cameo-appearance in Pixar films but I wasn't aware of Dinoco. I would think that they would have spoofed it with with a motor-vehicle take of the Dinosaur logo on "Cars" rather than the animal dinosaur silhouette that's used. After all, (spoiler alert), part of the end of the first Cars, they're in a drive-in theater, and they're watching spoofs of the other Disney/Pixar animated movies, and the characters are all converted to motor-vehicle versions of themselves.

Yes, there is plant-life and vegetation in Cars, but no animal or human existence, even the insects are little VW Bugs with wings. I've seen a short Cars film, where they encounter a UFO/Alien, and even the Alien-being is a flying saucer, also a mode of transportation.

63Bonneville 01-12-2012 04:12 PM

Idle thought for the day: If it were possible to somehow pick an individual from as recent as 20 years ago, and place them into today, and seeing many people walking around and talking into discreet Bluetooth headsets, and into setup in vehicles, he would be under the impression that lots of schizophrenic people exist today.

exl500 01-12-2012 07:37 PM

He might very well be right.

63Bonneville 01-13-2012 03:36 PM

Idle thought for the day:
I wonder why a vehicle from the early 70s seemed very old and from long-ago, back in the early 90s, but yet, a vehicle from the early 90s doesn't seem so terribly old today in 2012?

Rob 01-13-2012 03:55 PM

The '90s was the peak of advances in technology really. Look at everything in your house and on your car, it pretty much all existed 15-20 years ago.