currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2017, 07:24 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Mercedes AMG Project One Concept

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/wat...ject-ones.html

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/mer...oject-one.html

Quote:
Mercedes AMG is getting ready for perhaps the most impressive debut of the Frankfurt Motor Show with the F1-inspired Project One.

The new hypercar will be the closest thing to an F1 with number plates as Mercedes is planning to use a revised version of the 1.6-liter turbo V6 engine that powers their 2017 F1 car.

The engine will work in conjunction with four electric motors in order to deliver a total output of over 1000hp. An eight-speed automated manual gearbox will responsible for transmitting the power at the rear, with the two front electric motors getting their own fixed-ratio gearbox.

Top speed will be over 217mph (350km/h) while the engine will be able to rev up to 11,000rpm. Mercedes AMG says that despite the pure motorsport credentials of their new hypercar, the production version of the Project One will be easy to live with, working on pump gas just like a regular car.

The company will reveal a near-production version of the Project One today at the Mercedes-Benz Media Night, along with three more world premieres: the fully electric concept EQA, which previews the company’s first compact electric model, the Mercedes-Benz GLC F CELL EQ Power, a production fuel cell version of the GLC and a new Smart Vision EQ Concept, a fully autonomous minicar concept created for shared driving.

The event will go live on September 11, at 1:30 PM ET (5:30 p.m. GMT) so stay tuned.

Last edited by cuisine; 09-11-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:48 PM

Some more pics:

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/me...ject-one-seats

Holy hell, this is impressive (as it should be, for the price).
Old 09-11-2017, 08:33 PM

Looks crap IMO. But well, function over form. But there is a lot of high tech. The suspension is the most interesting thing IMO, I see it has no sway bars.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Gallery
https://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-...t_one_concept/

Moved to concepts since it is technically a concept for now.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:57 PM
CSS Oldtimer

at least the Aston Martin AM-RB 001 was given a hint of an Aston grill. this has 0 brand identity. i get that's not the point but still, could've been an amazing halo car to sit atop the Mercedes-AMG line. at least a headlight shape that slightly resembles the production cars would've been better. I guess the air dam resembles the AMG models but that's not exactly identifiable as a Mercedes trait unless they're next to each other.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Raconteur

wow...that's really a mess
Old 09-12-2017, 12:06 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Cool 2017 Mercedes Benz AMG Project 1

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/en/driv...oject-one.html
Old 09-12-2017, 06:50 AM

I love it, personally. Neither the C111 experimental test bed nor the C112 concept had much in the way of identifiable MB cues. It would be hard for any mid-engine sports car, IMHO, to have much in common design wise w/ a company famous for its upright and stately luxury cars. And, truth be told, if I were paying $2.5 mil, I wouldn't WANT it to look like any Mercedes, inside or out (and I say this as someone who is generally an MB fan).

The SLR was doomed from the start, IMHO, b/c it looked all wrong (incl an interior that wasn't sufficiently bespoke).

I really do think that this is form follows function, and I think it's totally bad a$$.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Not impressive visually at all. Reminds me of a previous generation McLaren in terms of style.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
Not impressive visually at all. Reminds me of a previous generation McLaren in terms of style.
io have top agree, impressive specs, but visually quite dull by super car standards, let alone hyper car ones. Previous McLaren feat. Noble M600. i understand it needs some working aero and at some point performance has to go over style in y hyper car (unlike it did in the Bugatti Veyron), but Ferrari shows that even aero solutions can look interesting.