Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Design Studio Moderator

Send a message via AIM to AXIS

Thanks to all who participated, Voting will be up shortly.

***CONTEST CLOSED***
Old 01-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Design Studio Moderator

Default Voting: CMMA 2011 Car of the Year

Remember NEW VOTING RULES are in effect, Score each design between 0 – 5 points.
Check out the amended RULES for more details.

Gentlemen Start Your Voting!
Here are the entries in the order received:

1. Shannon: Type 6

2. Lokar: Escape

3. Zeus: IV

4. Quimera: Alcotán

5. Iota: Transport

6. AXIS: Aeon DARQ

As always, please inform me of any broken links or missing entries.
Best of Luck Designers!!! Voting will close on Jan 7.

Make sure you cast your VOTE in the latest Design Battle, The CSS Designers Choice 2010 and The CSS ALL* STAR Design Challenge 2010
Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
TheSwageLine

Shannon Type 6 | 4 | Nice render. You really are great at this. Perhaps I wasn't as impressed with this as I was with some of your Montgomery renderings, but still... that's a bit like saying, I don't know, an Enzo isn't as fast as a Veyron. It's still gonna rip your face off if you floor it! What ever happened to Avioli by the way? I was looking at some of your designs in the galleries section, and I stumbled across your old Avioli designs. Some of those are looking forward to their 6th and 7th birthdays. Any chance of seeing anything new from Avioli?

Lokar Escape | 4 | Marvellous drawing. Very realistic. The design is perfect for the segment, and it's nice to see all the different angles. Helps us get an idea for the size and proportions of the thing. I always look forward to seeing new drawings and renderings from you. Keep up the great work.

Zeus IV | ------

Quimera Alcotán | 5 | Brilliant. I felt this was your best design this year, so you made a good choice in that respect. Your rendering style is quality, and the design is top-notch. It would certainly give the X6 a run for its money in the styling department. In fact, with that agressive face, it almost looks as if its about to run off with it's money! Envious? Me?

Iota Transport | 4 | Very interesting design. Maybe not now, but in a few years I can definitely see this working on the streets of Paris or London or whatever. The DLO looks brilliant, and I can see you had some fun with this design.

AXIS Aeon DARQ | 4 | Looks good. The shape is nice, and the non-symmetry at the front is... a talking point. Anyway, it looks different from the 'sport compact' norm, and that's a good thing for the most part. The 'atmosphere' is cool in this too.

Nice designs everyone! I honestly don't see any way of me winning this. You're all so good at it! Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what 2011 brings...

Last edited by TheSwageLine; 01-03-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 PM

Shannon Type 6: 4 points, this is a really cool design, I would guess it would compete against Mercedes. And I really think you've created a unique design with this model, and also your renderings is great.

Lokar Escape: 3 points, I really like your front perspective, it makes the car look more interesting, also I think you've created a good looking small car which by making a front and rear view gives us a good view on how the hole car looks like.

Zeus IV: 2 points, The car itself is too bling bling for me, a gangster car.

Quimera Alcotán: 5 points, this is definetly the best looking car, I like how you have accomplished putting all the intakes and details and still keeping the car from looking too pimped. Other than that the renderings is great.

Lota Transport: 4 points, This is a really interesting concept, I think you are taking the VW Type 2 and reinterpretating it to the future, and I score you high for your creativity in design.

Aeon DARQ: 5 points, I score you high for the guts to try out making a good looking car with an assymetric front, also I like the design of the car, which reminds me of a new edition of the Nissan Skyline. Again your rendering skills are great!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Design Studio Moderator

3: - Shannon: Type 6
The Shannon Type 6 is one of the strongest contenders for car of the year, while the design is perfect for its segment and target market, its also a bit safe and could easily get lost in the shuffle of an already crowded segment.

4: - Lokar: Escape
A well designed fun little subcompact that looks like it would be a proven hit with the masses. As the general populace continues to embrace smaller cars, there's no denying the Escape would be a sales success. The design also shows tons of room for individual personalization.

3: - Zeus: IV
The Zeus IV sports a brash, aggressive bold design, while its a bit dated its still fresh enough to keep you interested. I look forward to seeing the evolution of Zeus.

4: - Quimera: Alcotán
At the moment the crossover segment is oversaturated, but thats not stopping Quimera from bringing something new and fresh to the table. The design is EPIC, my only qualm is that it falls apart at the rear; whereas the front end is well thought out and designed. There's also too many doors. This would have been excellent had it been a two door.

4: - Iota: Transport
Iota is one of those manufacturers that continues to blaze their own trail, paying no attention to what the masses are doing and producing innovative and well designed content way ahead of its time. Great Job!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXIS View Post
4: - Quimera: Alcotán
At the moment the crossover segment is oversaturated, but thats not stopping Quimera from bringing something new and fresh to the table. The design is EPIC, my only qualm is that it falls apart at the rear; whereas the front end is well thought out and designed. There's also too many doors. This would have been excellent had it been a two door.
Stay tuned

Old 01-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Shannon Type 6: 4 - Like it a lot, has some BMW features on the side but I see a lot of mercedes influence in the front, especially the headlights which I believe were on saome sketch of a mercm either older E class or S class, do not recall at this moment. still clean and simple. great work.

Lokar Escape: 4 - cute little car, I like the way you made the trim only on the lower half of the window not fully around, rear looks great, front grill not to my liking but I could see this on the road today.

Zeus IV: 3 - again I know it is a sketch, but I hope proportions would be different in real life, the overall style reminds me of a caddy and bmw joined together, good job

Quimera Alcotán: 5 - Shape looks great, sleak and sexy, love the DLO and the headlights, I know it is a sketch but the large size of the rims do bother me, reminds me of that image online of an american car with like 40-50 inch rims

Lota Transport: 4 - very futuristic, I could see it as a showcase for technology like some new drivetrain or interior design, but not for a compelete car today, although it is miles ahead of the renault avantime , very nice

Aeon DARQ: 5 - muscular and sporty, really like the overall look, especially the front treatment perhaps the side vent is a tad large but that could always be fixed, great work
Old 01-07-2011, 04:58 AM

4-Shannon Type 6-It seems that many parts of the Type 6 took influence from other cars, but you integrated them exceptionally.

3-Lokar Escape- Innovative little car with nicely thought out proportions. Quirky and more appealing for it. Interior is very stylish and well detailed.

2-Zeus IV- Not a fan of the bling-bling, hipster look.

5-Quimera Alcotan- Striking design as always but visibility must be terrible.

4-Aeon DARQ-Stealthy car there. Love the shape, a bit Scion Tc.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Shannon Type 6: I like this car in general, but i think it needs a new, more elegant grill. 3

Lokar Escape: LINK DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. From what I can see though, it's a nice little car. Hope the new Yaris looked like this. 3

Zeus IV: Nice and clean profile, but the front is not my cup of tea. 2

Quimera Alcotan: A bit overdesigned in my oppinion, too many detailes on a rather conservative basic shape. But apart from this I love it! 4

Lota Transport: Driving this should be a wonderful experience with the massive greenhouse. I really like the headlights. 3

Aeon DARQ: Superb! I love sompact sedans that are sporty, yet elegant. What the Impreza should have been. 5
Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Raconteur

4 points Shannon / Very tasteful and elegant. smooth

4 points Lokar / absolutely believable for production actually attractive for a little box on wheels

2 points Zeus / the face reminds me of how Dodge puts truck faces on cars. If the grille were half the size it would be 100% better

3 points Quimera / the shape is inherently fine, but the fussy detailing I don't think would age well if this were a real production car. Reducing the visual excitement by 25% would improve the impact of design tremendously

1 point Iota / the styling is great for a concept, but why have a concept if it does not result in a production-ready outcome? This isn't produceable.

5 points Aeon / home run from the rightness of the shape to the restraint on the detailing very nice indeed
Closed Thread