There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2016, 11:03 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Looks-wise, I find this car very ugly, but really very ugly. I must be the only one.
I'm with you. From the forn, it looks like the typical VAG evolutionary approach of the previous car (and that super circular theme still looks more "squashed New Beetle" than sports car), and the rear end is weird. Interior is fine, but altoegther, still disappointing to my eyes.

I wonder whether it is still a technical tour de force in terms of figures, orf this time actually great to drive as well...
Old 03-01-2016, 01:34 AM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Vile and laughable looking.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:11 AM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

I think you all are insane.

To me, this looks incredible. I hated the Veyron. I don't care if it's more evolutionary. They fixed literally everything wrong with that car. This is stunning and I'm beyond shocked they kept it so close to the concept. The front and rear are both menacing but futuristic. The big circle scoop simply awesome (seriously, only Bugatti has the balls to pull that off). The interior is also concept-y, but has some early 2000s vibes that somehow come across as nostalgic and welcome rather than dated.

The headlights weird me out a bit, but that's minor. God damn this thing is sexy...

I really love this picture of it:
Old 03-01-2016, 07:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

I like both the exterior and interior. The exterior is brutual but has some interesting and elegant shapes and forms (and escapes being hideous, like the Veyron was). In the dark colors, I think it's stunning. Interior has a cool art-deco feel.

Edit: according to Car and Driver article, "Bugatti says the car has 'an extremely high level of electromagnetic compatibility' borne out by tests of an unspecified military standard." What the heck does that even mean???

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 03-01-2016 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:18 AM
CSS Veteran

disap.ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Edit: according to Car and Driver article, "Bugatti says the car has 'an extremely high level of electromagnetic compatibility' borne out by tests of an unspecified military standard." What the heck does that even mean???
You try to minimize unintentional generation, propagation and reception of electromagnetic energy (which may cause unwanted effects such as electromagnetic interference). Never read about it in an press release of a car though, but this will probably become more important in the future with higher digitalisation.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Blue crazy moderator

fou_bleu is on a distinguished road

Utterly ridiculous - and that's the way I like it! Love love LOVE the 'C' shape made up by the side air intakes, though not quite sold on the interior, looks Veyron vintage to me. Surely Bugatti can have a bit of tech on the inside too?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:33 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
You try to minimize unintentional generation, propagation and reception of electromagnetic energy (which may cause unwanted effects such as electromagnetic interference). Never read about it in an press release of a car though, but this will probably become more important in the future with higher digitalisation.
Genuine questions: what is an example of EM energy, and what benefits do we get from reducing its unintended generation and such?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fou_bleu
Surely Bugatti can have a bit of tech on the inside too?
Nah, I think an ultra simple interior w/ incredible craftsmanship suits the hypertech everywhere else perfectly. The repetition of the C-shape in the interior (see photo 14: http://www.automobilemag.com/news/bu...-interior-view) is stunning. Inscribing the name of the car on the side of the console is silly, though; do you really need a reminder of what the car is named?

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 03-01-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:51 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

The front is several orders of magnitude better than the Veyron. Same with the side. I don't really dig that big arch but i reckon it gives a lot of character. The back, on the other hand, is lazy and uninspired, just a big plain radiator.

I see this car and the only explanation i can imagine is that there was a fight between two designers, one wanted to go more square-ish, while the other wanted to develope further the rounded design theme of the Veyron. Each one was tasked with different parts of this car, and this is the result. Thing is, miracolously, it works.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Mahindra Fan

Shogun76 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

As with the Veyron now with the Chrion. The motoring press won't stop singing the car's praises for next 10 years. Thus creating Chiron fatigue where EVERY hypercar comparison will include the Chiron. As for the design I feel that the rear and the front don't blend well and make the car look odd. The sad thing is that all the horsepower this generates will be wasted and never used because there are very few roads in the world where this can get to it's top speed and run out of fuel.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:32 PM
CSS Veteran

Blackraven is on a distinguished road

An automotive PIECE DE RESISTANCE.

Absolutely brilliant =)