Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2010, 12:18 PM
CSS Oldtimer

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11004232...led-in-beijing

Looks like a Mini sized vehicle. At least they didn't call it the MG Metro....
Old 04-29-2010, 02:41 AM
Banned

MG Zero Concept at 2010 Beijing Auto Show

Providing a sneak peak at the MG3 that is set to launch later this year, SAIC has pulled the cotton off of the MG Zero concept at the Beijing Auto Show. Outside of flashy details like the white-and-red interior, 19-inch wheels and exterior lighting, the Zero concept is a veritable look at the MG3, sharing the body and interior design with the upcoming car
The MG ZERO concept has been developed by the company’s British design director Tony Williams-Kenny.

About the same size as a Ford Fiesta, the new MG has sharp, sporty lines and would follow on from the ZR hot hatch of the 1990s.
MG, now owned by Chinese auto giant Shanghai Automotive, still employs around 300 people at its Longbridge factory in Birmingham where the TF roadster is now back in production.

Inside, the MG ZERO has a state of the art dashboard and features a flat-bottomed steering wheel now popular on many European sports models.
“The bonnet is formed around the famous octagonal badge, the graphics flow into striking lamps and the large lower grille completes the confident, sporty character,” said Williams-Kenny.

“The body-side has a strong shoulder, a dynamic scalloped feature in the doors and flared arches to give a wide stance and strong road presence. The feature lines have been designed to give a strong relationship to the wheel arch demonstrating the fun nature of the cars dynamics.”

MG is now making a comeback following the collapse of the MG Rover Group five years ago and already has plans to introduce a sports saloon later in the year.

The MG3 will be lightly restyled and offered as the Roewe 150 in China. The car is slightly bigger than the class average, in line with the MG/Roewe strategy of offering above-average interior space, and runs with conventional MacPherson strut, H-frame torsion beam suspension front and rear. Above average handling could well be a feature if the excellent chassis of the MG6 is a guide.

The MG3 is one of four new models SAIC will introduce this year. The MG6 and Roewe 350, also new in Beijing, have already been seen, and there will be an SUV announced this fall.

SOURCE: http://autoten.com/2010/04/29/mg-zer...ing-auto-show/
Old 04-29-2010, 08:41 AM
CSS Veteran

Do the interior colours remind anyone else of the 80's MG Metro, Maestro and Montego?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:04 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Front looks more like a Volkswagen while rear is Punto-ish.. Interior is stunning but i seriously doubt it will make it into production

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 04-29-2010, 11:00 PM
MG MOTOR UK enthusiast!

Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath View Post
Do the interior colours remind anyone else of the 80's MG Metro, Maestro and Montego?
Yes, it does and to me that's no bad thing.. the 80s are fashionable again (well in the UK anyway - ashes to ashes e.t.c) and white is this years colour (with 80s brown coming back again too) so this is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Front looks more like a Volkswagen while rear is Punto-ish.. Interior is stunning but i seriously doubt it will make it into production
The interiors 'architecture' is as production. Obviously the fancy colours, materials and infotainment system will alter. But it's a good start.

As for the exterior, i'm in love. I think that chop I posted is horrid though. But the back of the concept particulary, differs in shape from the chop so i'm hoping it was a very early speculative chop.

I am so proud of this MG concept and will buy it. Even if the production model is extremely toned down, I will fit bigger wheels and design my own bodykit for it.

^^^CLICK the link^^^
Old 04-30-2010, 03:12 AM
DesignCentral Inc.

Send a message via MSN to dreamersmystique

The front and interior looks fantastic...a bit more individuality for the rear ... and they have it nailed!!

http://dreamersmystique.deviantart.com/
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
CSS Veteran

Have to say i'm surprised and impressed with the MG's, especially when compared to the Rouwe vehicles.
As Swizzle says it's a Chinese company (and yes I nearly commented on the Jeep GC being a great new Italian SUV too), but essentially it's a Chinese company with British R&D and design base, and it shows.
I hope the cars do live up to their promise, even if it does take a couple of generations
Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 AM
MG MOTOR UK enthusiast!

Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath View Post
Have to say i'm surprised and impressed with the MG's, especially when compared to the Rouwe vehicles.
As Swizzle says it's a Chinese company (and yes I nearly commented on the Jeep GC being a great new Italian SUV too), but essentially it's a Chinese company with British R&D and design base, and it shows.
I hope the cars do live up to their promise, even if it does take a couple of generations

..anyway, whichever country you percieve this company to be from it's impressive for either a Chinese company or British non-premium company. We are in agreement there :grintoothless:

^^^CLICK the link^^^
Old 05-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Anyone notice the Engrish on the back? Yeah, totally British...

Old 05-06-2010, 03:45 PM
CSS Veteran

Is that where you keep the family? In the boot.
Thankfully that is almost certainly something to appeal to Chinese showgoers and nothing more