currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2015, 09:33 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2016 Montgomery SV100 VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montgomery AG
Sixth-generation SV100 ushers in a new era for Montgomery

5 March 2015 - HAMBURG, GERMANY - Montgomery AG today released details of its new large family car range, the SV100. Continuing a line of high quality, stylish family cars stretching back more than 60 years, the SV100 VI adds a distinctly premium flair to a timeless formula.

The shape of things to come

The SV100 VI introduces the second generation of Montgomery's 'Layered Tension' design language, now taking on a more upscale, refined character to reflect the brand's more premium aspirations. Up front, the split two-bar corporate grille has been widened and lowered, while the front fascia features a floating element above the lower air dam to provide visual interest. Full LED headlamps and fog lamps add a high-tech flair.

The flanks feature new, horizontal creases designed to emphasize length while also blending into the flared wheel wells, giving the SV100 VI a solid, planted stance to reflect its similarly planted road manners. These elements flow into the rear, which combines an almost fastback-like roofline with thin, precisely detailed LED tail lamps for an upscale look not often found outside prestigious luxury brands.

Expect many of the details of the SV100 MkVI to begin carrying over to other models in the range starting this year.

MFP: Innovation in flexibility

From an engineering perspective, the SV100 MkVI is the most important Montgomery in decades, for it introduces the new MFP (Modularer Frontantrieb Plattform) modular architecture. Designed to be light, strong, and highly scalable, MFP will eventually underpin all transverse-engined, front drive Montgomery Group vehicles, from city cars to full-size crossovers. Such flexibility is unparalleled in the industry, but not unprecedented for Montgomery, which broke new ground in platform sharing with the SV3 (SV100 IV, Icon I) and SV4 (SV100 V, Icon II) architectures.

Double wishbone front and multilink rear suspension give the SV100 VI unflappable body control, while electrically-assisted power steering provides generous feedback to the driver. Adaptive suspension is available on SE and LX models.

Powertrain options are cutting edge - all utilize turbocharging, direct fuel injection, and intelligent variable valve timing for an optimal combination of performance and efficiency:

1.0T: 1005cc, 120bhp/129lb-ft turbocharged inline three
1.4T: 1420cc, 154bhp/165lb-ft turbocharged inline four
1.8T: 1799cc, 198bhp/202lb-ft turbocharged inline four
2.0T: 1995cc, 272bhp/289lb-ft turbocharged inline four
1.6iTCD-S: 1590cc, 155bhp/242lb-ft twin-turbodiesel inline four
1.8iTCD-S: 1810cc, 178bhp/280lb-ft twin-turbodiesel inline four
2.0iTCD-S: 2025cc, 240bhp/299lb-ft twin-turbodiesel inline four

All engine options are available with either a six-speed manual or an all-new, internally-developed eight-speed Duonic automatic transaxle. In addition, coming later this year will be a first for the SV100: a petrol-electric hybrid variant.

Premium interior

The SV100 VI was developed with luxury brand rivals in mind, so the interior had to be designed to a high standard. As a result, premium, soft-touch materials are employed liberally, with precision fits and tasteful use of brightwork lifting the ambience. The driver-oriented IP prominently features an eight-inch touchscreen running FUSE2, the second generation of Montgomery's infotainment suite. In addition to the first-generation FUSE features already seen in the Icon and Merit, FUSE2 includes multi-touch recognition and compatibility with both Apple CarPlay and Google Auto.

Available Soon

The SV100 VI will be available in markets around the world this summer.

SV100 1.8T LX shown in Ethereal Blue

SV100 1.8T LX shown in Anthracite Mist Metallic

SV100 1.8T LX shown in Midnight Plum Metallic

SV100 LX interior shown in Midnight over Espresso

Last edited by SV; 08-10-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:29 AM
Blue crazy moderator

A confident and coherent design to my eyes, very well done! Would like to see the tail
Just browsing? Join the conversation!

Keep up to date with the community rules

Join the official CarSpyShots Facebook Group
Old 03-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Design Studio Moderator

Send a message via AIM to AXIS

Great proportions and an overall fluid design, Amazing job on the render!
Old 03-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Crazy Composer!

Really nice! Seems Ford Fusion inspired on the inside and out which isn't bad at all. Great job!
Old 03-08-2015, 03:33 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks everyone!!

The Fusion was probably an influence but not really a conscious one. I think the deisgn mostly ended up as a development of this.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:01 PM

Awesome job man! Love seeing how far people have come :) Keep it up!
Old 12-23-2015, 05:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I feel bad that this section is slowing down, cause it's easy and nice to see the progression of the SV100
Old 01-12-2016, 08:57 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I feel bad that this section is slowing down, cause it's easy and nice to see the progression of the SV100
Yeah, real life has just got in the way for me :/ I have sketched some more designs but nothing final yet.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:40 PM
TheSwageLine

Probably the most attractive face in its class. This is probably an odd thing to comment on but I love the headlamps-grill-bumper interaction.

The side is similarly successful, although I feel the 3-window 'Hofmeister Kink' window-line is kind of over done in recent years. It's a small criticism, but the rest of the design is so refreshing that it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:09 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks! The DLO isn't the most inventive but I couldn't really think of a better alternative. I considered a floating-roof style but I don't think those are suited to sedans.