Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2017, 05:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Left Lane is reporting that Hyundai-Kia is looking to buy FCA.
If this is real AND he doesn't do this, he's an even bigger dolt than I would have wildly imagined.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
If this is real AND he doesn't do this, he's an even bigger dolt than I would have wildly imagined.
Probably he will explain that he didn't want the take over because the Hyundai i10 has a short rear leg room which means Hyundai has crap engineers ;)
Old 09-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Probably he will explain that he didn't want the take over because the Hyundai i10 has a short rear leg room which means Hyundai has crap engineers ;)
I would be perfectly happy if Sergio would just self-combust and make the world a better place.
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM
CSS Veteran

Bam!

Quote:
Alfa Romeo will sell between 130,000 and 140,000 units in 2017 based on sales to date, he said. These may not meet the target but it is still "an excellent result," Munoz said.

FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne said earlier this year that Alfa Romeo will sell 170,000 vehicles this year including the Giulietta sedan, Mito small hatchback and 4C coupe and roadster.
20% below the target is an "excellent result"?
And how bad is Marchionne in setting expectations?

Quote:
FCA has also been reducing production of the Fiat 500X and Jeep Renegade subcompact SUVs at its factory in Melfi, southern Italy. Despite higher demand in Europe for subcompact SUVs in Europe, 500X and Renegade sales have fallen in the region as more competitors enter the segment.

Workers at the plant have been temporarily laid off for 21 days this year, including 11 days in the third quarter. As a result, production of the two models was down 25 percent in the quarter.

Fiat 500X sales in Europe were down 15 percent to 62,999 through August, according to JATO Dynamics. Jeep Renegade's volume declined 1 percent to 52203, JATO data showed but increased by 0.5 percent to 70,859 in the U.S., according to the Automotive News Data Center.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...ina-sales-blow

Last edited by disap.ed; Yesterday at 03:25 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Well the small CUV thing kind of makes sense, given both cars are well into their life cycles and tons of competitors have arrived. A 1% drop on the Renegade is actually nothing considering how well it started, the 15% on the 500X is more worrying. Generally I have the impression that nowadays (at least in Europe) only the "newest" models sell well unless it's models with high fleet percentage like a Golf or Focus (and larger sedans in Germany).

And be honest, who ever thought Alfa would sell several hundred thousand cars with the Giulia (and Stelvio for part of the year) is crazy or unrealistic (and called Sergio), given the circumstances the figures are acceptable, but ultimately too low for Alfa to be viable, or for the so far Alfa exclusive platform to recoup development costs. And this will only add to FCA's financial troubles.
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
Bam!

20% below the target is an "excellent result"?
And how bad is Marchionne in setting expectations?

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...ina-sales-blow
I don't see how they'll hit 170K for Alpha - LTD in North America they're only 8K. I get that North America IS a small piece of the pie for this brand; however 8K considering there are 4 cars (the CUV being new) is abysmal IMO.
Old Today, 03:00 AM
Raconteur

They recast Alfa-Romeo completely wrong. The Dodge Dart and Chrysler 200 should have resulted in rebodied AWD versions with a screamingly powerful duo of turbo-4 cylinder engines. Alfa should have aimed dead on at Subaru. Subaru has a sweet spot staked out and it is a lucrative segment. With Mitsufailure killing the EVO, an Alfa Romeo Giorgio could have been brilliant. But no. They aimed at BMW and went with a girly name.