Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2007, 05:16 PM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: (SHEPO)

blackie? wow...must have been a dark hampster.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:19 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default Re: (Graffititech)

or maybe it had black fur? eye of the beholder i guess...

No - against the wall
Old 01-05-2007, 06:44 PM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: (against the wall)

Quote, originally posted by against the wall »
or maybe it had black fur? eye of the beholder i guess...

Yeah it had black fur

Old 01-23-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: (eightballsidepocket)

Im very sorry your cat, Happy, had to be put to sleep.I know how it feels, as my kitten, Bootsy, had to be put to sleep as well because of cancer of the kidneys.She was 7 and a half months.Believe me it is hard at first but you will get over it in time.Rest in peace Happy and Rest in peace Bootsy.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: (FunMaster07)

Quote, originally posted by FunMaster07 »
Im very sorry your cat, Happy, had to be put to sleep.I know how it feels, as my kitten, Bootsy, had to be put to sleep as well because of cancer of the kidneys.She was 7 and a half months.Believe me it is hard at first but you will get over it in time.Rest in peace Happy and Rest in peace Bootsy.

Thank you

If you can't say it face to face, it isn't worth posting on the forum from an anonymous P.C.".
Old 01-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Ford Verve Concept

I bet it took a lot to post that up, so thankyou for sharing that mate. It's really humbeling to read something like that and it puts a lot into perspective. When things like this happen the materialistic things just seem to fade away and the things that are closest to you become more focused. A lot of people laugh when I say my dog is my best mate. But the connection someone can form with their animals is just phenominal. The fact my dog never judges me, never backstabs me, trusts me and when I'm down somehow knows and will sit next to me with his head on the ground and try to get me motivated assures me of this fact. Sometimes it's good having a friend that can't reply.

I wish you all the best man. I'm sure your cat is in a happy place now.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: (Hornbag)

Thank you again for the very sensitive and understanding reply.

If you can't say it face to face, it isn't worth posting on the forum from an anonymous P.C.".
Old 01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: (eightballsidepocket)

Let me also add my condolences. I know that empty feeling.

I had three cats, all related. The oldest Princess, a tortoise shell, her daughter Jess, short hair with patches, and Jess's daughter that looked exactly the same as her so my dad called her 'Jess Junior', though she was long hair. My brother and I made him shorten it to JJ.

JJ was like a mix of the best bits of her mother and grandmother. She was playful and energetic like her grandmother, yet affectionate and clever like her mother. She was the youngest and the runt of the litter, we thought that we were going to loose her when she was born, but she proved that she was a fighter.

My mum had decided that she didn't want to keep any kittens from Jess' litter, like she had kept Jess. But the next day Jess just wasn't Jess, she wouldn't eat or sleep without JJ - her favourite from the litter being the only female. Naturally this made my mum upset, and my brother. So my mum made my dad go back to the lady that we had given them to re-home to get JJ back - my dad wasn't too keen though.

A few hours later and JJ was back, playing in the garden, Jess was happy again - it was like nothing had happened.

A few months went by and JJ was old enough to be neutered. I finished university for Christmas on a Friday, and when asked if I was doing anything interesting by one of my friends Al, I joked "I've got to take my cat to the vet's, for the snipĀ", he smiled and said "I'll keep my fingers crossed".

JJ was supposed to go in to the vet's on the Monday, and we gave her a bath, because she was a little stinky. My mum usually hates giving them baths and I remember her joking that it was the last bath that JJ would ever have. After she was dry I watched some telly and her tiny tired body fell asleep on my chest. I thought that she was just tired after having a bath.

The next day, my brother and I put her into the pet carrier and my dad took her to the vets. A few hours went by and after lunch my dad rang the vet to see what time we could pick her up. "What do you mean she's not waking up?", "Is she in danger of loosing her life?" is all that I can remember of my dad's conversation with the vet. She said that she'd ordered some tests and that we'd know more after five o'clock.

It was like 10 Downing Street during a national crisis in my house. My mum and dad planned what they were going to do next, my mum even said that that my dad had a little cry. My brother and I just stopped what we were doing and couldn't think about anything else.

My dad decided to ring the vet again to see if we could see JJ. The vet said that it would probably be best, and asked my dad if he wanted JJ to be put to sleep. He said no, and that he wanted to see her first. We pilled into the Rover and drove to the vets.

When we got there the vet said that JJ had FIP - feline infectious peritonitis, apparently 5% of all cats get it. Fluid was building up in her abdomen, and that there was no treatment. One of the nurses bought her in, and she immediately perked up, as if she were saying "I want to go home now". The vet still wanted to put her down.

We took her home and were a bit sceptical about the vets diagnosis at first. JJ was eating, not that much as would be expected after coming round from anaesthetic. The next day she didn't touch her food at all, only eating tiny amounts. For the next few days we had to feed her milk with a syringe, and my mum and dad let her sleep in her basket in their room so that they could keep an eye on her during the night. My dad said that she experienced several 'fit like' episodes, so they decided to let JJ sleep with Princess and Jess. The next day she was gone. My dad said that her tiny body was stiff and cold so we reckon that she passed away at some time during the early morning. My dad buried her before my brother and I woke up - don't really understand why, we weren't kids anymore.

JJ died a week before Christmas, 18th December 2004, aged seven months. Her death ruined my whole Christmas. I didn't even get any real work done for University either, I was so upset.

She didn't have a very long life, but I'm sure that it was I happy one. She was loved a lot and is sorely missed, as I am sure your cat is.

Modified by MitzXJ220 at 12:36 AM 1/25/2007

Modified by MitzXJ220 at 12:37 AM 1/25/2007

Old 01-29-2007, 09:21 AM

Default Re: (MitzXJ220)

Sad, but touching story about your kitty.

These little creatures sure have a way fo getting into our lives, and impacting us greatly.

Thankyou for sharing your story.