Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2006, 04:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

OK what a day!

i went car shopping for the second time in 2 months =]

my friend got her restricted licsence last week and has been in need of a car. she really wanted a mazda 3. we went to one dealer (Wayne Mazda) and they had a black one (the color she wanted) in stock. it was a 3i touring. they were selling it for $18,200 and were gonna give it to them (she was with her mom) for $17,000-- which made the monthly finance payments equal $290 a month for 72 months. it was way to much to pay so then they decided to look at used ones. the only mazda 3's they had that were used were predominatnly manual (she wanted an auto) so at that point we decided to look at used 6's but they didnt have anything appealing. We left because they weren't being cooperative at all. We then went to Lodi Mazda which opened like 4 months ago or something. They didn't have any Mazda 3's with automatics that she liked. all the nice ones had manual. at that point they decided to lease a mazda 6 for $265 a month with $3,000 down and an additional $2,000 down from the dealer, equaling a $5,000 down, down payment. They got her the car in less than an hour and we drove it out of the dealer today. i got the first ride in it! the car rides sooo smooth (we test drove both the 6 & the 3.) MSRP is $21k and change. the options it has: rear spoiler (which she really wanted), 6-disc CD changer, chrome trim exterior package, and wheel locks. She is so happy with the purchase. It's Onyx Black w/ beige cloth interior.

HERE ARE PICTURES (camera phone quality):

before this, she's been driving her sister's 2005 dark red mustang v6 around which is a hell of a car. her mom has a 2006 black bmw 325xi as well. i got my first ride in a new 3 series today

Drives: 2016 BMW 328i xDrive | Previously Drove: 2015 Audi A3 2.0t, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0t AWD (x2), 2011 Buick Regal CXL, 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
Old 07-02-2006, 03:12 AM
CSS 2006 Ford Fusion nut

Default Mr. Fusion's Jealously

You lot are lucky to have rich, rosey lives. I don't. Theres alot of things you don't know about me and I am happy to tell you over PM. I'm jealous of every single one of you who have weathly, dignity etc

PS: Congrats to everyone on their new motors

Modified by Mr. Fusion at 3:20 AM 7/2/2006

Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default Re: Mr. Fusion's Jealously (Mr. Fusion)

didnt you just get a new car?

No - against the wall
Old 07-02-2006, 12:26 PM
CSS 2006 Ford Fusion nut

Default Re: Mr. Fusion's Jealously (against the wall)

Quote, originally posted by against the wall »
didnt you just get a new car?

Yeah but it cause a lots of problems with the family LOL

Old 07-02-2006, 06:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: Mr. Fusion's Jealously (Mr. Fusion)

so why did you buy it if it causes trouble?

No - against the wall
Old 07-22-2006, 08:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Ok guys. Time for some serious help. Hell has frozen over and my dad is insane. Even though he does make sense.

This week, we are going to either finance or lease a new car. we're not sure yet. The payments can be no higher than $300 a month and the down payment has to be $2000 or less. But that will have to be worked out with the dealer. Anyway, my dad is keeping his freelander so that he can have more fun and get a RWD car as well. He wants to get either a dodge magnum or a dodge charger. I don't think he would get the R/T because the pricing for those would come out to be too expensive. So proabably an SXT or the one below it. So my question now is, which one should i push for? the Magnum or the Charger? These two cars are very similar and dont have that many differences in powertrain so either way its a win-win situation. But im sort of leaning towards the charger because i'd much rather drive around in a charger than a magnum when i get my permit next month =].

so yeah. which one?

also, he really wants the LR2. He thinks its soo nice. But the local LR dealer said they wont be in till march or april of 2007. so he'll get that when it comes out as well.

Drives: 2016 BMW 328i xDrive | Previously Drove: 2015 Audi A3 2.0t, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0t AWD (x2), 2011 Buick Regal CXL, 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
Old 07-22-2006, 08:43 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (StevenZoz)

well the magnum is basically a charger with a large trunk so if you think you are going to need to haul a lot of stuff with you then get the magnum, and vice versa for the charger.

No - against the wall
Old 07-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: (against the wall)

Easy. Magnum. Wagon's Rock. End of Story

On a side note, I went to Concord Motorsport (BMW's and Mini's) with a friend and I would like to say that mini's are incredibly over-priced.

I have begun to look at replacing my wagon before I go to college (well, my brother would get it) with something more fuel efficent. Two years is a ways off, and I can put some of my money away to maybe cover a down payment.

While 26 MPG is nothing to scoff at in the land of Super Sized SUVs, I'd like something that can get in to the 30's or more.

Don't you just LOVE $3.00 gas?

Old 07-22-2006, 09:03 PM
CSS Veteran

Between the Magnum and the Charger, just get the one with the better deal... I would assume to be the Magnum because it doesn't really sell as well as the Charger. No difference between the two really, except I hear the Charger has horrid blind spot problems (Well, so does the Magnum, but not as badly).
Old 07-22-2006, 09:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (zwei Biere bitte)

well my dad called a local dealer and they said that theyre not offering leases on either of them! which i was very surprised by.

financing would be beneficial because of the employee pricing plus thing.