Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2007, 06:17 PM

CSS: Yes, we can change font size. That is not the point. Just because there is an ability to post in bigger letters does not mean everyone is going to conform to a "let's just post in BIGGER LETTERS" standard. Are you going to start posting "on the intermediate level of the 3 posting options" all the time? Probably not, so what are you getting at?
Old 12-15-2007, 06:39 PM
MG MOTOR UK enthusiast!

Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven by design View Post
CSS: Yes, we can change font size. That is not the point. Just because there is an ability to post in bigger letters does not mean everyone is going to conform to a "let's just post in BIGGER LETTERS" standard. Are you going to start posting "on the intermediate level of the 3 posting options" all the time? Probably not, so what are you getting at?
I wasn't getting at anything particulary. i just wondered if you can change fonts on the basic level, and I wondered if everyone knew that you can change font size.

Yes, I do post on the intermediate level all the time. It's set as my default, so to post on a basic level would mean changing my settings.

I agree with you about the colours partially... I much prefer the old blue colour, and the old layout. But if it's true that we had to change or face the prospect of having no CSS at all then i'm happy to have the new forum.

Sorry driven by design, I guess my post sounded quite arrogant, but it wasn't meant to be!

^^^CLICK the link^^^
Old 12-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven by design View Post
It may also just be me, but there are an awful lot of Google Ads; I honestly don't even remember these on the previous forum, not so much because they weren't there (I'm pretty sure they were) but because it wasn't blatantly obvious and intrusive back then like it is now. These ads are appearing where most would expect to find navigation or margin controls. Is this an intentional psychological aspect of the design, perhaps hoping we'll accidentally click an AdSense entry? I'm sorry, but the placement of these ads is just arguably intrusive.
If you care to donate the entire operating funds for the site for an entire year, then the ads will be removed, a lot of hard work, time and money has gone into keeping CSS online and it appears most people take it for granted that CSS will always be here. Truth be told, that isn't the case. If it wasn't for this move the site wouldn't be online anymore.

If anyone else wants to complain about the ads fine but you only have 2 options, either put up the cash for hosting or shut up.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:28 AM
MERCURY: Mission2020 @FiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
Actually we are planning a contest for a new logo :o

Cool!
When/before it happens, would you post the name of the font that's used now?
I played around with an idea but didn't have the right one.
CSS4.gif quickie logo
(oh, and of course the size requirement/limit)