Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2016, 09:04 PM

Default 2018Lexus LS

Tease of the upcoming all new Lexus LS due for début at the Detroit motor show.

2018 Lexus LS tease

Last edited by The Car-man; 01-09-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member

Default Maybe they'll get it right...

This is the one car that I feel should have its own look in the brand, as the flagship luxury sedan, it needs an elegance and a look that shouts luxury but is still Lexus. The last model I felt sure looked like a Lexus but didn't really stand out as the flagship of the brand like it should have. I mean when with Mercedes even though all the c,e,s range went to a similar look and style, but when you see an S-Class, you know you're looking at and S-Class and not just a Mercedes. I guess what I'm saying is it needs a presence this time around but the sneak peek may have sealed that.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Raconteur

They need to build the concept like they did with the LC500. And yes, I know the LC500 isn't literally the concept, but it's damn close.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effew View Post
This is the one car that I feel should have its own look in the brand, as the flagship luxury sedan, it needs an elegance and a look that shouts luxury but is still Lexus. The last model I felt sure looked like a Lexus but didn't really stand out as the flagship of the brand like it should have. I mean when with Mercedes even though all the c,e,s range went to a similar look and style, but when you see an S-Class, you know you're looking at and S-Class and not just a Mercedes. I guess what I'm saying is it needs a presence this time around but the sneak peek may have sealed that.
When I look at the S Class, I don't know if it is a C Class, E Class or really an S Class. When I look at the A8 and the 7 Series, at least I know they are a large A4 and 3 Series.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
When I look at the S Class, I don't know if it is a C Class, E Class or really an S Class. When I look at the A8 and the 7 Series, at least I know they are a large A4 and 3 Series.
And/or vice versa. Where's the styling imagination in that?
Old 12-13-2016, 04:34 AM
CSS Oldtimer

They have 2, maybe 3 generations to make up. The third Generation LS was in for 2000 and gone in 2006; a clean generation. The LS started with the now abandoned L-finesse Lexus motiff of ovals hiding within trapezoids and then the hellknowswhat spindle grille / evil shrine effect for it's second facelift.

The LC proves there is some serious passion within the Lexuscorp but will this sedan take the sales lead that it once enjoyed? And will it offer 2 wheelbases again?
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard View Post
They have 2, maybe 3 generations to make up. The third Generation LS was in for 2000 and gone in 2006; a clean generation. The LS started with the now abandoned L-finesse Lexus motiff of ovals hiding within trapezoids and then the hellknowswhat spindle grille / evil shrine effect for it's second facelift.

The LC proves there is some serious passion within the Lexuscorp but will this sedan take the sales lead that it once enjoyed? And will it offer 2 wheelbases again?

LS come in "LWB" only, This is a good thing IMO, because sedans that come with two wheelbases have one or both that look disproportional. LWB usually looks worse, because rear door is just too long.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:04 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
LS come in "LWB" only, This is a good thing IMO, because sedans that come with two wheelbases have one or both that look disproportional. LWB usually looks worse, because rear door is just too long.
Or, inb case of the Mercedes S-Class, the SWB looks weird, slightly. But anyway, I don't think a "not chauffeur version" (=SWB) version of such cars is really necessary, why would you buy an S-Class or whatever luxury car if rear passenger comfort is not important? There are coupes for that, if you are rich and self driver....
Old 12-13-2016, 04:13 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Or, inb case of the Mercedes S-Class, the SWB looks weird, slightly. But anyway, I don't think a "not chauffeur version" (=SWB) version of such cars is really necessary, why would you buy an S-Class or whatever luxury car if rear passenger comfort is not important? There are coupes for that, if you are rich and self driver....
I'd assume the SWB sells well where you have smaller roads and smaller parking spaces in many European countries. clearly not an issue in the US where we only get LWB now.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:25 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
I'd assume the SWB sells well where you have smaller roads and smaller parking spaces in many European countries. clearly not an issue in the US where we only get LWB now.
Given the same width, the 10-15cm drop in wheelbase makes them hardly any easier to maneuver, and usually these park in a garage or private spot, so again, not really an issue. Only cars that seem to sell in SWB is where the LWB version looks very awkward....