currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2017, 07:14 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2018 Skoda Karoq

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...q-suv-launched
Old 05-18-2017, 09:00 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The face turned out better than expected, and overall, looks well resolved. The Superb remains Skoda's high water mark in terms of design though.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
The face turned out better than expected, and overall, looks well resolved. The Superb remains Skoda's high water mark in terms of design though.
what do you mean? ...this, design-wise, is nothing else than "shrunken" Superb estate...as well as sKodiaq is nothing else than "raised" Superb estate. differences in their design are basically reduced down to the changes in front lights shape and graphic, fog lamp placement and the "size" of rear side window "kink"...

as for this "last iteration".... despite its endless boringness it manages to be just "likable" enough. and I have no doubt I will bless to the point of ecstasy all those drab souls whose "wet dream" and "ultimate aspiration" is to own a VW (SUV), but they couldn't afford it... hence, an instant success!
me personally... I liked Yeti (especially its concept) and Roomster far more than this! even though this clearly is way above those two in materials and build quality, they simply had more "joy of life" in their appearance...
Old 05-19-2017, 11:00 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko View Post
what do you mean? ...this, design-wise, is nothing else than "shrunken" Superb estate...as well as sKodiaq is nothing else than "raised" Superb estate. differences in their design are basically reduced down to the changes in front lights shape and graphic, fog lamp placement....
Precisely the differences that I don't think are as well resolved as the Superb's face. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks fine generally, but personally, Skoda's new front end designs post Superb lack it's clean lines and good looks.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:22 AM
Raconteur

This is a truly beautiful design. With a VW emblem on it, they would easily make a splash here. Skodas just have a nicely tailored look that is modern and catchy looking.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:07 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
Precisely the differences that I don't think are as well resolved as the Superb's face. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks fine generally, but personally, Skoda's new front end designs post Superb lack it's clean lines and good looks.
ok.... but those differences are far more the subject of "vehicle form" than they are the subject of different "design detail" solutions... Superb is rather large and sleek limousine... everything -especially every similar design feature- will look better and more elegant on it than on "SUV box", simply because of better proportions...

and I agree Karoq (as well as sKodiak, Ateca or Tiguan) looks fine... but the trouble is that it (whole bunch in fact) looks as fine (read: as exciting) as "nicely aligned stack of firewood" ...

Last edited by drugmirko; 05-20-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

Thankfully it didn't turn out to be just a Tiguan with a Skoda grille like that brown car in the spy shots a few months ago.

Last edited by Oz Astra; 05-23-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Astra View Post
Thankfully it didn't turn out to be just a Tiguan with a Skoda grille like that brown car in the spy shots a few months ago.
No it turned out to be an Ateca with a Skoda grille.