Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Chevy's own take on the Lexus Theme:
Perhaps a sign of how far Toyota/Lexus has fallen that Chevy is now showing them how to do flamboyant surfacing beautifully...
Old 04-20-2017, 07:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Perhaps a sign of how far Toyota/Lexus has fallen that Chevy is now showing them how to do flamboyant surfacing beautifully...
Except Lexus was there 5 years ago, and this is still a concpet car. I'd certainly welcome if a lot translates to a production car, but especially "flamboyant surfaces" and details are usually the first to go in the process of product ionizing....
Old 04-20-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Except Lexus was there 5 years ago, and this is still a concpet car
True.... BUT I would argue that many of the Toyota/Lexus "concepts" were kind of ugly. The only exception was the LS concept, and that got totally lost in the translation to production (although it was the entire rear half of the DLO that changed).
Old 04-20-2017, 07:57 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I don't know about size (and frankly, I don't care), but instant association looking at this was "Toyota C-HR wannabe"... I just can't decide which one of them is more generously "endowed" with a mess of holes, sharp-edged lines and corners... may be (because of its eventual size) this one seems a bit "cleaner", but still...
shame though, because (and like C-HR) it has really nice silhouette...
Old 04-20-2017, 01:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
And it should have been a Cadillac concept anyway. Chevy is taken care of with the new Equinox and Traverse, but a Cadillac concept crossover that moved further in the direction of a commanding new style would have been genius. The XT3 really needs to "pop" because the XT5 certainly doesn't and can easily be confused for an SRX.
with different taillights, it certainly could've been. the front has Escala-like headlights
Old 04-20-2017, 11:11 PM

Really good job, GM. Please don't waste too much time to bring this into production. This design language can help establish brand recognition, especially since the new Malibu shares some of this DNA already. It seems to me that GM has been looking for a "style" for decades now. I hope it ends soon.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:51 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonium959 View Post
Really good job, GM. Please don't waste too much time to bring this into production. This design language can help establish brand recognition, especially since the new Malibu shares some of this DNA already. It seems to me that GM has been looking for a "style" for decades now. I hope it ends soon.
This is 17 miles past great. If Chevy could capture this essence and use it at this level across their line, we'd have a return to the styling perfection of their 60s cars.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:26 PM

This is a very nice looking vehicle, but absolutely nothing about it says Chevy. This could be from virtually any Japanese or Korean manufacturer. If GM wants Chevy to produce generic products (albeit very good looking products), then certainly this is the way to go.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
This is a very nice looking vehicle, but absolutely nothing about it says Chevy. This could be from virtually any Japanese or Korean manufacturer. If GM wants Chevy to produce generic products (albeit very good looking products), then certainly this is the way to go.
Agreed although I find their current design language so anemic that this is a welcomed departure.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:48 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Its very admirably executed but typical reactionary GM. The CH-R is getting good press and I never go anywhere without seeing a few Jukes on the road. Without them, this wouldn't have been dreamt up.

Even the stupid name is an echo on CH-R, or its predecessor: the RSC.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.