CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-24-2013, 11:51 PM
cowboysnkisses cowboysnkisses is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 358
Default 2014 BMW 2 Series Coupe

http://www.netcarshow.com/bmw/2014-m235i_coupe/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2013, 01:41 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 23,906
Default

More attractive than the current one by 10 country miles. Cheaper than a 4 Series, certainly, but for me, the 3 Series is the best of both worlds for virtually the same price as the 2 Series. The 3 Series is so right that's hard to beat.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2013, 03:36 AM
cowboysnkisses cowboysnkisses is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
More attractive than the current one by 10 country miles. Cheaper than a 4 Series, certainly, but for me, the 3 Series is the best of both worlds for virtually the same price as the 2 Series. The 3 Series is so right that's hard to beat.
I kind of agree, but the 4 has become too big for my taste, and if/when I can finally afford a BMW again, hopefully convertible, I think I'd go for cloth rather than complex metal roof. I really like how they restyled the nose on this, especially considering how fugly the 1 Series is.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-26-2013, 01:06 AM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
More attractive than the current one by 10 country miles. Cheaper than a 4 Series, certainly, but for me, the 3 Series is the best of both worlds for virtually the same price as the 2 Series. The 3 Series is so right that's hard to beat.
More attractive at the front yes, but that is pretty much where the improvements end IMO. I agree with your comments regarding the 3 series though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-10-2014, 07:38 AM
haji's Avatar
haji haji is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,289
Default



http://www.netcarshow.com/bmw/2015-2...s_convertible/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Reppu's Avatar
Reppu Reppu is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Madrid - Spain
Posts: 3,620
Default

That projected logo is rather childish and laughable. I'd feel embarrased if my car did that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-10-2014, 10:23 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
That projected logo is rather childish and laughable. I'd feel embarrased if my car did that.
I think the Range Rover Evoque has a similar feature, but the sheer size of the BMW badge makes it indeed rather ridiculous. However, just like the corona eyes 15 years ago, I have a feeling this will quickly spread (through e-bay) to old BMWs and their questionable owners....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-10-2014, 11:35 AM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I think the Range Rover Evoque has a similar feature, but the sheer size of the BMW badge makes it indeed rather ridiculous. However, just like the corona eyes 15 years ago, I have a feeling this will quickly spread (through e-bay) to old BMWs and their questionable owners....
Lincoln does it too on the MKC.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Reppu's Avatar
Reppu Reppu is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Madrid - Spain
Posts: 3,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
... and their questionable owners....
Now i own an E46 330ci cabrio, but rest assure i will NOT add that stupid thing to my car.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2014, 02:19 PM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
Now i own an E46 330ci cabrio, but rest assure i will NOT add that stupid thing to my car.
Well, then clearly you don't belong to the mentioned group of BMW owners. Which is a good thing ;)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy