There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2015, 10:57 AM

Default 2015 Honda S660

Didn't know this will already get revealed :-o

Unfortunately no specs so far

http://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2015-s660/

Last edited by disap.ed; 03-30-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:53 AM
The Lurker

Best Honda design in a long time. It has the perfect vibe for the type of car it is. Fun and happy looking. Doesn't take itself too seriously. The front is much better than the angry fish look of the Miata. Hopefully it comes to the states with a normal engine in the future.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

styling looks all over the place to me, and not nearly masculine enough to pick up where s2000 sales ended.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
styling looks all over the place to me, and not nearly masculine enough to pick up where s2000 sales ended.
Being a Kei car, this competes several segments below the S2000, or even below a Miata. The only competitor is the Daihatsu Copen. Probably haji could update us, but I think Kei regulatory still means smaller than 3,4 x 1,5m. and less than 660cc and less than 64hp.....
Old 03-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Raconteur

Though I realize this and the Miata are different sized, Honda has the win for styling hands down. As for the S2000, it was a dismal sales failure, therefore continuing its sins of being overpriced and delivered with a strange engine should not be emulated.

If Honda has brains, they will quickly create a larger version using Civic components.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Though I realize this and the Miata are different sized, Honda has the win for styling hands down. As for the S2000, it was a dismal sales failure, therefore continuing its sins of being overpriced and delivered with a strange engine should not be emulated.

If Honda has brains, they will quickly create a larger version using Civic components.
No matter different size, if this gets exported, it will compete (mostly) with the Miata. And I tend to agree, this looks beetr resolved in terms of "one" design, it also does a great job of looking like a "Mini super car",e specially form the back. The Miata does have more classic sports car proportions though, however with detailing being less successful.

I fear however that given how small these Kei cars are, anything using CIvic components would and up being an "all new" construction, as there are really no components, that could be used in a larger car (apart form probably switchgear). So I doubt bean counters will have two sports cars done at teh same time....
Old 03-30-2015, 04:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
ugh. "feminine" cars can be attractive too. i despise the association of certain vehicles as masculine or feminine. if it looks good or looks bad, just say that.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
...I fear however that given how small these Kei cars are, anything using CIvic components would and up being an "all new" construction, as there are really no components, that could be used in a larger car (apart form probably switchgear).....
Quite the contrary in my opinion. Move the Civic's engine/transmission unit to mid placement. Use a Civic front suspension at the front. Throw in a Civic dashboard and for cheap, you'd have it done. It would need virtually no mule time at all.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
ugh. "feminine" cars can be attractive too. i despise the association of certain vehicles as masculine or feminine. if it looks good or looks bad, just say that.
lol. I'm sorry my subjective adjective bothers you. ;) in reference to the s2000, it was a guy's car, and looked the part, whether that's politically correct or not. feminine cars can definitely be attractive, but they are less likely to appeal to the male demographic of boy racers that the s2000 successfully targeted.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:33 AM
CSS Veteran

i love it... interior is crap with "garmin" attached at the top but exterior is tops and this looks great... it will be pretty cheap... another super Kei car from Honda...