Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2017, 02:45 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
These are the pre-production candidates. OF COURSE stuff hasn't been tightened up yet.

EVERY car manufacture goes through this process. It's why they have pre-production units.
Didn't Tesla say they are not going to waste time on prototypes and head straight to production?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

What's on the road right now are the pre-production units.

They've made headlines that from here they're going straight to production - however the first batch of cars are going to employees only - so opportunities to address any QC prior to consumers getting them
Old 05-17-2017, 01:17 PM
CSS Veteran

This is a brand-new, 2017 Tesla Model X on the dealership floor. They are NOT going to fix this car in production.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:18 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
Model X panel fit is terrible. I have yet to see one where the doors align properly, and the meeting point of the fender, hood and front doors have been universally non-uniform.

And no, other pre-production cars do not look this bad at this point. Considering the name of this forum, we've seen enough pre-production models with significantly better fit and finish than this.
The early ones certainly had their fair share of issues; they seem fine now - including my brothers which is perfect.

Early / pre-production cars most certainly have their issues; that's why they exist - to identify the pinch points and correct
Old 05-17-2017, 01:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
The early ones certainly had their fair share of issues; they seem fine now - including my brothers which is perfect.

Early / pre-production cars most certainly have their issues; that's why they exist - to identify the pinch points and correct
We get it, you're a Tesla fanboy and they can do no wrong. If you want to turn a blind eye, that's your prerogative, but the rest of us don't have to.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
This is a brand-new, 2017 Tesla Model X on the dealership floor. They are NOT going to fix this car in production.
is that really any worse than a Cadillac? Americans do a lot of things well in the auto industry, but fit and finish has never been one of them. Not on my Jeep, my brother's Dodge, my uncle's Suburban, my friend's Mustang, etc, etc, etc....
Old 05-17-2017, 02:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
We get it, you're a Tesla fanboy and they can do no wrong. If you want to turn a blind eye, that's your prerogative, but the rest of us don't have to.
It's nothing to do with fanboy-ism. I HATE Nissan (they were rated the 9th least reliable car in America by auto guide) - but I remain open to their products. With Tesla - yes, I respect them; and when there were flaws in their cars; I call them out on them.

You can go to ANY dealership and find flaws in ANY car... that doesn't mean they're a gong show for overall production quality( accept Nissan of course
Old 05-17-2017, 02:34 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
is that really any worse than a Cadillac? Americans do a lot of things well in the auto industry, but fit and finish has never been one of them. Not on my Jeep, my brother's Dodge, my uncle's Suburban, my friend's Mustang, etc, etc, etc....
That's absolutely worse than any other modern car currently on the market. The metal of the hood isn't evenly cut. That simply doesn't happen anymore at any Western automaker.

Part of the problem is that Tesla is retrofitting robots designed to handle steel to cut, shape and install aluminum panels. But part of it is just a lack of adherence to standards development that every other OEM follows. Cutting out steps from the testing process isn't going to make things better for the Model 3.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
You can go to ANY dealership and find flaws in ANY car... that doesn't mean they're a gong show for overall production quality( accept Nissan of course
NOT AS CONSISTENTLY AS WITH TESLA

Wake up. The stories, reports, and reputation of Tesla with respect to production quality is well documented.

Last edited by pjl35; 05-17-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
NOT AS CONSISTENTLY AS WITH TESLA

Wake up. The stories, reports, and reputation of Tesla with respect to production quality is well documented.
then more power to Tesla because they've created a customer base that doesn't seem to care given the lineup for Model 3's and they're leading the ranks in buyer satisfaction surveys.