CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-17-2017, 04:19 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
then more power to Tesla because they've created a customer base that doesn't seem to care given the lineup for Model 3's and they're leading the ranks in buyer satisfaction surveys.
that's fine, but let's not pretend that their quality issues don't exist
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-17-2017, 04:29 PM
IcedG35's Avatar
IcedG35 IcedG35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
that's fine, but let's not pretend that their quality issues don't exist
haha ok. no pretending I'm just not so convinced they're worse than many other manufacturers, which is even less excusable given the infancy of Tesla relative to the big 3. All I can speak for is what I've seen so if you tell me Tesla is that much worse based on what you've seen then sure, will take your word for it. At the end of the day, the modern consumer cares more about whether or not their infotainment works properly and the size of the nav screen versus whether or not panel gaps are consistent.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-17-2017, 05:18 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
haha ok. no pretending I'm just not so convinced they're worse than many other manufacturers, which is even less excusable given the infancy of Tesla relative to the big 3. All I can speak for is what I've seen so if you tell me Tesla is that much worse based on what you've seen then sure, will take your word for it. At the end of the day, the modern consumer cares more about whether or not their infotainment works properly and the size of the nav screen versus whether or not panel gaps are consistent.
This isn't just about panel gaps.

How about a torn a-pillar? http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...vered-model-s/

http://bgr.com/2016/12/22/tesla-mode...ontrol-issues/

http://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-x-ap...qua-1777626087

http://gizmodo.com/consumer-reports-...mpa-1788170049
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-17-2017, 06:58 PM
IcedG35's Avatar
IcedG35 IcedG35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,897
Default

they certainly have a ways to go before being up to the level one would expect at the price tag. Isolated incidents of torn A-pillars aside--which is really inexcusable and someone on the line should be fired for it --I'd say they're at least late 1990s era Mercedes quality level at the moment , As long as they keep releasing a faster version or more autonomous capabilities every time an A pillar breaks, they'll be able to keep the headlines positive. Maybe a roof will fall off right as they release a sub 2-second 0-60 Tesla Model S P200D. The headline will read "new drop-top Tesla smashes 0-60 record"
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-17-2017, 07:01 PM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,971
Default

lol... I KNEW you were going to bring up the A pillar.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.busi...lineup-2014-10

Wait - here is a Mercedes that is poor quality... oh, it must mean that the entire brand is terrible?

Look, I get it, you're not a fan of Tesla. No worries.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-17-2017, 07:13 PM
MrMGMan MrMGMan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
lol... I KNEW you were going to bring up the A pillar.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.busi...lineup-2014-10

Wait - here is a Mercedes that is poor quality... oh, it must mean that the entire brand is terrible?

Look, I get it, you're not a fan of Tesla. No worries.
There's a huge difference between a new model having some minor, and expected, reliability issues and cars leaving the production line with very large and very noticeable cracks in a core element of the car's structure.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-17-2017, 07:39 PM
cowboysnkisses cowboysnkisses is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMGMan View Post
There's a huge difference between a new model having some minor, and expected, reliability issues and cars leaving the production line with very large and very noticeable cracks in a core element of the car's structure.
and you can buy 2-3 CLAs with what you'd pay for any Tesla.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-17-2017, 08:07 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
lol... I KNEW you were going to bring up the A pillar.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.busi...lineup-2014-10

Wait - here is a Mercedes that is poor quality... oh, it must mean that the entire brand is terrible?

Look, I get it, you're not a fan of Tesla. No worries.
Dude, I didn't say that the entire brand is terrible so don't put words in my mouth (or re-read what I ACTUALLY said before jumping to conclusions with no basis in reality). I'm just calling you out for defending all of their quality issues like every automaker has the same problems. That is not true.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-18-2017, 02:36 AM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,971
Default

So you're saying there are automakers out there with no QC issues. Got it.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-18-2017, 02:37 AM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
NOT AS CONSISTENTLY AS WITH TESLA

Wake up. The stories, reports, and reputation of Tesla with respect to production quality is well documented.
Huh... sounds like you're making a generalization on the brand here... how was I putting words in your mouth?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:34 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy