There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2017, 07:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFa View Post
I know, right? Looks like it would feel great to handle

Jokes aside, good effort from Citroen. Glad to see they are committed to being quirky again. The front is a bit messy though.
"Let's go for a ride" has a whole 'nother meaning for this car.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:48 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
really nice inside and out but very undecided on the D pillar treatment. Better than Lexus and Nissan's take on it though.
Agreed. It's lovely except for that pointless D pillar treatment.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:16 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
except for that pointless D pillar treatment.
that one was (at least in Europe) affectionately nicknamed "bottle opener", the moment Aircross concept was shown couple of years back
but then it had aerodynamic function, as it had a channel under the narrowed chrome section followed with a "dented" channel in the rear pillar, forming a Venturi tube... :

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...12_1600x0w.jpg

which most likely could reduce drag coefficient of "shoe box" shaped SUV's... ;)
sadly (for me), they retained only the rear end shape of windows chrome lining... though, I kind of understand cause, people get turned off by this kind of "Citroen idiosyncrasy"...
Old 04-16-2017, 03:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Are people talking about the C pillar or the D? Cause the chrome is on the C pillar.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:34 AM
CSS Oldtimer

well... unless that blackened section behind the rear doors isn't strongly tinted glass, the damn thing doesn't have D pillar! though, if there is tinted glass, I couldn't find anything weird on it, cause it is just an ordinary blackened rear corner of the car...
anyway, I had the same thought, but I presumed that ocn and Iced simply meant "that shiny bit on the rear section of the car" :) ;)
Old 04-17-2017, 01:07 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko View Post
well... unless that blackened section behind the rear doors isn't strongly tinted glass, the damn thing doesn't have D pillar! though, if there is tinted glass, I couldn't find anything weird on it, cause it is just an ordinary blackened rear corner of the car...
anyway, I had the same thought, but I presumed that ocn and Iced simply meant "that shiny bit on the rear section of the car" :) ;)
it's strongly tinted glass:

Old 04-18-2017, 11:49 AM

Official pics http://www.netcarshow.com/citroen/2018-c5_aircross/
More pics on http://www.largus.fr/

;) :)
Old 04-18-2017, 03:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
So is this China or Europe bound, or both?

Btw i don't get their naming scheme, this is likely EMP2 based, so actually more C4, if you like.
since tat post, we got some info... it is China bound in the beggining of 2018 and Europe bound in second half of 2018. it is EMP2 based, but with beeing slightly longer (4.51m vs 4.44m) and having slightly longer wheelbase (2.73m vs 2.67m) than Pug 3008, we could "grant" it C5 name :)... and its bootspace of 482l also fits its name too. and it is first Citroen vehicle that is equipped with most important Citroen Advance comfort feature - with "progressive hydraulic coushions" suspension (the other two are glued&welded chasy and seats made of multiple layers of foam with different hardness... to be comfortable but supporting)... and eventually, they will equip it with hybrid technology (200hp petrol and 100hp electric motor) with aprox 60km of pure el. autonomy...

and I like it in red :):

while -though I find its interior great- I'm sorry there's no seprate ventilation controlls and that infotainment menue buttons are again "pictures" over capacitive sensors and not phisical tasters/switches ...

it would be far easier to navigate the infotainment system as well to control the clima and ventilation if everything would not be completely "must-look-and-touch" based...

Last edited by drugmirko; 04-18-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:09 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko View Post
Yeh, I was personally talking about the black tinted glass which I didn't realise was black tinted glass. And let's just call it the rear pillar ;) Anyway, I still think that part of the design is not well executed and looks rather clumsy.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
...I still think that part of the design is not well executed and looks rather clumsy.
Such clumsiness is probably required by French law or something given just how many ugly cars the French have created.