Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2015, 10:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Is the Hilux that much smaller than the Tacoma and/or the GM twins? My eyes might be playing tricks on me, but it looks about the same from the pics.
It's smaller.
2016 Hilux
Length: 208.66 in
Width: 72.83 in
Height: 71.65 in
Wheelbase: 121.26 in

It's odd that Toyota went for a softer car-like face for the new 2016 Hilux when the pickup that overtook it in some Asia-Pacifc markets, the Ranger, was known for its more rugged styling which was made even bolder for 2015.

Euro/ASEAN Corolla-inspired face.

It's main rival in the Asia-pacific Region
Old 05-23-2015, 12:16 AM
Raconteur

Maybe they wanted to be more attractive looking by comparison??? The Ranger has a strange face and the Toyota is bland but not offensive.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:22 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Agreed about the new Ranger face - looked much better pre-facelift. Prefer its face to Hilux though. Nissan's NP300 Navara is now the best looking in its class IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
Of all the new Toyota interiors, this is probably the best one I've seen, which isn't saying a lot.

Nobody buys a Hilux for its looks, but that doesn't mean it needed to be such a lazy effort, either.
I agreed that looks aren't necessarily a high priority for Hilux buyers. But I don't agree about the interior - I think it's one of their worst efforts of recent times - the slapped-on touchscreen and its lack of integration with the ugly dashboard design is shocking.

Last edited by ocn75; 05-23-2015 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:47 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
I agreed that looks aren't necessarily a high priority for Hilux buyers. But I don't agree about the interior - I think it's one of their worst efforts of recent times - the slapped-on touchscreen and its lack of integration with the ugly dashboard design is shocking.
The worst part about it is that they clearly intended it to NOT look integrated. There's no mistake that they wanted it to look as "tacked on" as possible with the separation between the other panels around the center console and their curvy qualities as compared to the rectangular edges of the screen. I just wish I knew why.

It also goes back to Toyota's complete disregard for ergonomics. That screen, when fitted with navigation especially, is WAY too low and forces the driver to take their eyes away from the road. If they can manage to place the navigation in the driver's line of sight in every new Lexus, why are they so incapable of doing it for Toyotas??
Old 09-12-2017, 10:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

http://www.trdparts.jp/hilux/index.html