Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
The interior looks more appealing in these photos, but how many parts bins did they raid? It still looks a mess.

And the problem with the exterior, apart from its general ugliness, is that the current one looks far more appealing and modern.
parts bin of what - It is Toyota vehicle, so yes, it will have start button that looks the same as every other Toyota? Otherwise, looks like stylized version of LC200 interior which costs up to 80% more, i doubt anyone sitting in it will find any issues with interior because it looks very high quality (even nicer than LC200) in high res shots. Prado has been fortunate to share lexus sibling, even lowest spec ones had high quality interior materials.

3 doors are usually blah, i dont see it changing really.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
The interior looks more appealing in these photos, but how many parts bins did they raid?
Not that many, it looks like. Everything on the center stack, start button and seat heater switches and traction button aside, is not shared with any other Toyota as far as I can tell. The auxilary switchgear around the driver's knees and on the doors are common parts, though.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

JDM TRD version
http://www.carview.co.jp/news/1/115025/1/
Old 09-25-2009, 05:42 AM

Is it 100% sure that Toyota will be selling this here as a Lexus? It seems like Lexus is focusing more on car-based uniframe crossovers for their "SUV" lineup and that the tendency is for it to drop the slow-selling GX for good. I think it would be a bad move for Toyota to rebadge the LC Prado as a Lexus, especially given we'll have the 2010 4runner, which looks way better. It would just make sense... those who want a rugged body-on-frame 4x4 would consider the 4runner, while those looking for a luxury SUV would NOT consider the GX as their first option (they'd probably look at a uniframe SUV, like the Lexus RX or BMW X5). It seems like there are 2 completely different markets for SUVs and the Lexus GX falls within neither one.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:05 PM

its a little puffy. the old design is much more appealing to the eye.

the pajero is looking better. hope the 2010 pajero model will outclass the new prado.

Last edited by r1pper; 09-29-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superamerica View Post
Is it 100% sure that Toyota will be selling this here as a Lexus? It seems like Lexus is focusing more on car-based uniframe crossovers for their "SUV" lineup and that the tendency is for it to drop the slow-selling GX for good. I think it would be a bad move for Toyota to rebadge the LC Prado as a Lexus, especially given we'll have the 2010 4runner, which looks way better. It would just make sense... those who want a rugged body-on-frame 4x4 would consider the 4runner, while those looking for a luxury SUV would NOT consider the GX as their first option (they'd probably look at a uniframe SUV, like the Lexus RX or BMW X5). It seems like there are 2 completely different markets for SUVs and the Lexus GX falls within neither one.
Yes it is 100% sure that Toyota will be rebadging the Prado as the GX in the States. I will look different however maintain a similar shape. Don't mean to be rude but have you read any of the threads in the Car Spy Shots Section? Also go to Clublexus.com if you need to read more.

Also where have you found a tendency that Lexus has been focusing on more car-based uniframe crossovers? Yes, they have the RX but that was an entirely new concept when they created the car in 99. The only other suv's they have that exist and are still in the works are the LX and the GX, both of which are body on frame full time 4wd suv's.

In regards to making the GX a crossover. There's no need. Yes, the affluent women who drive these things don't ever climb boulders and scale mountains on the way to soccer practice. 99.9% of these cars will probably never see that in their lifetime. When you can afford an suv like this it's not about having a car that only encompasses your needs and gets great gas mileage. It's about knowing that if you wanted to get over that mountain, you can. You may not understand this concept but for women who want a luxury SUV and dont want to spend 80K on the LX or for women who want three rows of seats but dont want to drive around in the gigantic suburban, or escalade if you will, this car is the perfect choice. It's capable, luxurious, classy, and extremely reliable. So next time you go near any affluent area, check out just how many of these soccer moms cruise around in the current generation GX. Its an extremely popular choice for this demographic, and next one will be the same story.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsmith52 View Post
You may not understand this concept but for women who want a luxury SUV and dont want to spend 80K on the LX or for women who want three rows of seats but dont want to drive around in the gigantic suburban, or escalade if you will, this car is the perfect choice. It's capable, luxurious, classy, and extremely reliable. So next time you go near any affluent area, check out just how many of these soccer moms cruise around in the current generation GX. Its an extremely popular choice for this demographic, and next one will be the same story.
I just recently saw some spy photos of the Lexus version of the GX, and still think it's a bad decision for Toyota to go forward with the production plans, given the economic downturn and SUV sales going downhill - especially body-on-frame SUVs. Whether soccer moms go crazy about the GX is irrelevant. The fact is, overall sales for both GX and LX are minimal. I see one of those here and there in the affluent suburbs (I do see tons of the crossover one, though). I guess even soccer moms these days are not as gullible as they used to be, and are probably well informed that the GX is basically a glorified 4runner and the LX is nothing but an ugly Land Cruiser (and that the "L" badge on those cars are not worth the price differences).
Although I'm sure the new GX will be a hell of an SUV, given the LandCruiser Prado and the 4runner are among the best their class.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Old 11-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Has to be fake. It doesn't have Remote Touch. (semi-sarcastic)

At any rate, this is wayyy more than just a rebadge of the Prado, now.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:18 AM

maybe this will be sold in australia and the middle east otherwise there is no reason to make it look so different