Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009, 05:15 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superamerica View Post
I just recently saw some spy photos of the Lexus version of the GX, and still think it's a bad decision for Toyota to go forward with the production plans, given the economic downturn and SUV sales going downhill - especially body-on-frame SUVs. Whether soccer moms go crazy about the GX is irrelevant. The fact is, overall sales for both GX and LX are minimal. I see one of those here and there in the affluent suburbs (I do see tons of the crossover one, though). I guess even soccer moms these days are not as gullible as they used to be, and are probably well informed that the GX is basically a glorified 4runner and the LX is nothing but an ugly Land Cruiser (and that the "L" badge on those cars are not worth the price differences).
Although I'm sure the new GX will be a hell of an SUV, given the LandCruiser Prado and the 4runner are among the best their class.
worldwide sales for that platform is in hundreds of thousand overall... It does not make sense not to offer them just because they will sell less than Yaris.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

anyone ever wonder why Lexus doesn't give the LX or the GX xenon headlights?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
anyone ever wonder why Lexus doesn't give the LX or the GX xenon headlights?
um....

LX:

Old GX:

New GX:

Last edited by pjl35; 11-10-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:15 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
um....

LX:

Old GX:

New GX:
what's your point? those are halogen projectors, not HID/xenon headlights.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:39 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

if they make a hybrid version it will probably get LEDs

No - against the wall
Old 11-13-2009, 08:40 AM
CSS Veteran

heh... just got the new LC 150... Executive package (one notch below top), and got better spec. sheets.

LC150 will have standard xenons w/afs in all but base version. Same goes with KDSS. Base version is not "base" anymore, you get mid level of equipment with all the "basics" in such as CD/MP3 audio system, same interior/exterior, 17" Alu wheels, dual zone digital climate control, bluetooth, etc, etc. It is not an stripped down version like before and is priced a bit more from top Rav4, unlike before where it was barebones skinny version without anything so nobody got it except utility companies.

Next up has everything you want sans leather. Possibly has a lot of things that you might not want too :-).

Car looks fine in person, but it is interior that is impressive. It is easily most carefully done Toyota interior ever, and yes, to me it is better than LC200 interior which costs up to 35k Euros more. Except for the V8 engine, LC150 is superior in features too. Top version LC150 has more equipment than LC200 :-). It is expensive too, still 8k Euros less than LC200 though.

Didnt have chance to drive it yet, official presentation is in 10-15 days. Whole car is mini LC200, so I expect drive to be radically different from old LC120 (for good or bad).

When you see and sit in the car in person, you would think old LC120/GX were produced in 90's :-).
Old 11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by against the wall View Post
if they make a hybrid version it will probably get LEDs
Lexus definitely needs to figure out a way to make a 30mpg GX/LX. it would dominate the market, especially if it was packaged in a body as good looking as the previous gen LX, although the new one is growing on me.

Last edited by IcedG35; 11-13-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

The front end of the LX/GX & Landcruiser and Prado are very good looking. I just wish they'd work on the back end a bit more.. It looks horrendous.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baji192 View Post
The front end of the LX/GX & Landcruiser and Prado are very good looking. I just wish they'd work on the back end a bit more.. It looks horrendous.
back is fine in person, it is not flat as in pictures... you basically dont notice a lot of details in those pics. It is fine as in Prado fine of course, it is still real 4x4 design. If you liked old Prado, you will like this one. If you thought LC200 design is ok/good, then this is better.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
Lexus definitely needs to figure out a way to make a 30mpg GX/LX. it would dominate the market, especially if it was packaged in a body as good looking as the previous gen LX, although the new one is growing on me.
173hp 4cly diesel? :-). They improved mpg by >10% in new Prado. I believe it is 8l/100km now, was 9.0l/100km before. You really cant ask for much more from big SUV.