There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 04:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I like it a lot.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The outside is a disappointment; pleasant enough but devoid of character, unlike the current and previous Yaris - I've actually always thought that the current Yaris hatch was just about the best-looking car in Toyota's entire lineup, let down only by its cheap finish. The fact that it was designed in France was readily apparent; this new car looses all of that funkiness, sadly.

The interior on the other hand is a vast improvement over the current car's. The awful centrally-mounted gauges are gone, thank God, and I rather like the dash design. Knowing Toyota, though, it's entirely likely that the materials are sh*t...
Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Crazy Composer!

This is gross, will this be the one coming to NA? Fiesta will kick it's arse alone.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:30 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
This is gross, will this be the one coming to NA? Fiesta will kick it's arse alone.
It already is, in fact. The Fiesta, despite being available for only a few months and plagued by delivery and supply problems, is already consistently outselling the Yaris. Granted the numbers are like 3,000 a month versus 2,800, but once Ford gets all the supplier issues and production hiccups smoothed out that margin's going to grow alot.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

That hazard button looks like it's intended for the elderly or the blind. Apparently when they shrunk the headlights they turned their attention to making the hazard button HUGE.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:26 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
Haji says that it's basically useless for manufacturers to put a stereo in their cars (in lower segments anyway) because everyone upgrades anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haji View Post
i was just gonna say that.

Didn't know that, though I was thinking something in that direction.

But, even in Europe many cars come without standard stereo (especially in the Yaris segment, there actually most), yet manufaturers install the most expensive unit available for the version for press shots so there is no big hole /cheapish black plastic panel in the fascia. I guess different culture/market, dfferent habits - or is there no stereo option by the factory at all?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
So with the headlamps being an improvement, you think the rest of the car looks much better? Cause i think its as generic as it gets
Of course it's generic! It's SUPPOSED to be. A Yaris is an appliance, not an aspirational car. The current Yaris offends stylistically from every angle. This one doesn't. This is a wise move on Toyota's part because there will be those in NA who find the Fiesta "too European" with its fussy styling and bizarre tail lights. If the Yaris gets a hybrid option at a bargain price, Toyota will own the segment.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Didn't know that, though I was thinking something in that direction.

But, even in Europe many cars come without standard stereo (especially in the Yaris segment, there actually most), yet manufaturers install the most expensive unit available for the version for press shots so there is no big hole /cheapish black plastic panel in the fascia. I guess different culture/market, dfferent habits - or is there no stereo option by the factory at all?
its the other way.
they have a whole bunch of stereo options, at least more than 10 different types (actually sat navs to be more exact. nobody picks "stereos" here)
thats why its better for them to have nothing to begin with.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

I'll wait for clearer exterior pictures before I pass total judgement on that front, but the interior kinda disappoints me. Hazard button is too large, and passenger-side is just begging for a secondary glove box. Vent arrangement is kinda weird, too. But it seems like it's not going to be any larger than the current one.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:14 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Of course it's generic! It's SUPPOSED to be. A Yaris is an appliance, not an aspirational car. The current Yaris offends stylistically from every angle. This one doesn't. This is a wise move on Toyota's part because there will be those in NA who find the Fiesta "too European" with its fussy styling and bizarre tail lights. If the Yaris gets a hybrid option at a bargain price, Toyota will own the segment.
The Yaris looks more generic in it's current state.