There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 01:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2013 Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Ford EcoSport

Ford revealed the production version of the all-new Ford EcoSport and announced plans to build the compact, fuel-efficient urban SUV in China, in addition to India, Thailand and South America.

Ford EcoSport's global debut at the 2012 Auto China in Beijing means customers in China will soon be able to choose an aspirational sports utility vehicle alternative to a small car. The Ford EcoSport offers a confident stance, a high driving position and robust character on top of the agility, manoeuvrability and fuel efficiency that comes with a compact footprint. It's the perfect combination for the city - ready for work and ready for play.

Within a contemporary design aerodynamically honed for fuel economy, the EcoSport is full of smart technologies, features and craftsmanship that offer customers more than they would expect in this segment.

With a number of powertrain solutions, including Ford's newest, most advanced engine the 1.0-litre EcoBoost™, Ford EcoSport is designed to be a benchmark in fuel efficiency. It also offers the Ford SYNC driver connect system with voice control and many other innovative features in a spacious and comfortable interior with new levels of craftsmanship as well as outstanding quietness and refinement.

"The Ford EcoSport reflects our commitment to serve our Ford customers in China and around the world with the cars, utilities and trucks they want and value," said Joe Hinrichs, president, Ford Asia Pacific and Africa. "EcoSport delivers outstanding quality, great fuel efficiency with the 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine, superior safety and really smart design with SYNC."

Last edited by cuisine; 04-22-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: bad title
Old 04-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Nice looking forward to seeing this in aus next year.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Looks nice.
I wonder if the spare tire case/cover will be standard.

-Ford APA

PS: For those wondering, yes, that is a door handle you see on the right-side tail light extension on the 5th door.

Last edited by AM2; 04-22-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:24 PM
CSS Oldtimer

This looks less cross over-ish than a Mocca, let alone Juke or Countryman, in many ways (proportions, extrenal spare wheel, more rugged) it reminds me of a Daihatsu Terrios.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM2 View Post
PS: For those wondering, yes, that is a door handle you see on the right-side tail light extension on the 5th door.
Very clever execution.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

And they aren't selling this in North America why?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Quote:
Originally Posted by caarmike View Post
And they aren't selling this in North America why?
They probably don't see a case for this car in the US market. It's not like the US auto industry has been very adventurous with their product offerings for the past few years (Ford canned plans to bring over the Grand C-Max, which is probably the most adventurous thing that could've happened).
Old 04-22-2012, 11:27 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Is this bound for Europe?
Still not crazy over its looks, despite the hating i consider the Juke to be the most interesting offering, looks wise, in this small segment. Hopefully if it makes it to European dealerships and i have a close look at it i will change my mind

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 04-23-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Is this bound for Europe?
Still not crazy over its looks, despite the hating i consider the Juke to be the most interesting offering, looks wise, in this small segment. Hopefully if it makes it to European dealerships and i have a close look at it i will change my mind
The Juke is an interesting design, but like the Ecosport, the interior needs better plastics. See the widget posted by Cuisine.
If they were to use the B-Max interior, Ford would probably sell it here…that is just my guess. They are cutting themselves short.

-Scottish Pride

Last edited by Caraholic; 04-23-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Infiniti Supporter

I love it. It looks like the baby brother of Australia's Ford Territory. I really hope this comes to Australia.