Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2013 Seat Leon

well... it was planned to be released on monday, but as so many times, presentation pictures "leaked"

it's not "that" dynamic as I hoped after its concept, but still...
and I like the dash...

source: autoblog.rs
Old 07-13-2012, 07:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It looks a bit tame. Like a large Ibiza. And the interior has some Rapid/Toeldo chepaness to it...
Old 07-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Administrator

All in all I'm breathing a sigh of relief, because it could've been much worse. The shape isn't as dynamic as I'd hoped but it's stylistically still a much sportier alternative to its VW/Skoda brethren and for that I'm thankful. I love the headlights; they're downright menacing, and the FR trim is nice. I'm really waiting to see what they'll do with the Cupra, but for now I'm pretty pleased.

I do wish they'd kept the hidden rear door handle (although rationally I can't explain why I feel that way) and the interior is a let-down for me; it comes across as dreary and cheap, especially after what we've seen from the French lately.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Not sure how I feel about this, these pictures are not doing it much justice. It looks good in some angles but not that great in others, not sure how much better this is than the focus or astra in styling, but maybe it will look better in person.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 PM
NISMO by another name..

Its not bad, but it's far cry from the aggressive current generation. I was hoping it would remain rounder and sleeker than its German brethren, but this looks very VW-esque.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 PM
CSS Veteran

The initial leaked image looked great but seeing the rest of the car is not so great. It is just an enlarged Ibiza. The rear pillar reeks of the Cee'd.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to wildeye

It lacks freshness, I feel like I've seen everything before. Interior is a letdown in this class, even for a Seat.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Raconteur

Slap and VW logo on it for NA and watch sales EXPLODE!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:48 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
All in all I'm breathing a sigh of relief, because it could've been much worse. The shape isn't as dynamic as I'd hoped but it's stylistically still a much sportier alternative to its VW/Skoda brethren and for that I'm thankful. I love the headlights; they're downright menacing, and the FR trim is nice. I'm really waiting to see what they'll do with the Cupra, but for now I'm pretty pleased.

I do wish they'd kept the hidden rear door handle (although rationally I can't explain why I feel that way) and the interior is a let-down for me; it comes across as dreary and cheap, especially after what we've seen from the French lately.
+1

I was half-expecting a rebadged Golf VII, so this is a very pleasant surprise. It looks good too, though that interior is a hard break from the VW Group norm...can't say I'm fond of the overly blocky IP.

But the outside really looks good; in fact, I'd put it up near the top of the class.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post

+1

I was half-expecting a rebadged Golf VII, so this is a very pleasant surprise. It looks good too, though that interior is a hard break from the VW Group norm...can't say I'm fond of the overly blocky IP.

But the outside really looks good; in fact, I'd put it up near the top of the class.
exactly... after what we've seen in recent years, some old "rebadged VAG something" was a "viable option"... in the wiew of this "option", this is ok... or as one member on some other forum, where I've posted same pics, wrote : "...I've hoped for more, but expected much less..."

as for its dash... well, I like it simply because it's not "usual&dull VW product"! I agree that, if made from "wrong" materials, it might look cheap but, lets wait for more&better pictures to judge that... for now, I'd say just that I'm happy that it carries at least a trace of "romanic flair" in generally "germanic" appearance...