Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSONY View Post
BTW, are we gonna see a 3 dr version with this new one?
Yes, SC (3-door) and ST (estate) are planned.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Raconteur

If that showed up as a VW product in NA, VW dealers would jump for joy. I'd love to see Theophilus Chin "Volkswagenize" the nose. I'd also like to see him then do the GTI version. This is what the Golf can never be: sexy. Given that the Golf name has never really done well in NA, perhaps give it a sexier name as well. Compare this to the busy Focus and the Leon is just drop dead gorgeous. This could take the Golf/GTI out of the sales doldrums in NA. (20-25K combined isn't amazing)
Old 07-16-2012, 03:15 PM
CSS Veteran

Wow, that really looks to my eye like the previous gen Kia cee'd with some Audi-esque cues thrown in.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
If that showed up as a VW product in NA, VW dealers would jump for joy. I'd love to see Theophilus Chin "Volkswagenize" the nose. I'd also like to see him then do the GTI version. This is what the Golf can never be: sexy. Given that the Golf name has never really done well in NA, perhaps give it a sexier name as well. Compare this to the busy Focus and the Leon is just drop dead gorgeous. This could take the Golf/GTI out of the sales doldrums in NA. (20-25K combined isn't amazing)
I prefer the Focus significantly more than this, and even the Golf, the latter of which I've never been a fan. I'm struggling to like the rear end which I don't find at all attractive. It's far from gorgeous IMO.

Last edited by ocn75; 07-16-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Are the headlights full-LED? Or just very cleverly disguised?

EDIT: "The availability of full-LED headlamps for the new, third generation Leon is a pioneering move by SEAT - a first in the family hatchback class. This technology combines striking design with exceptional illumination." Awesommmmmme.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Looks great too. The interior's a bit blah but overall I'm digging this car.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:05 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Well, I wouldn't say that the 150hp version must be that much of a new engine. Mostly probably ECU programming, either detuned from the 170hp verison or an updated 140hp engine.

I remember that Seat had more powerfull TDI in the Mk. 1 Leon as well, and VW cold also use the Leon as testbed for an updated TDI (probably Euro6 without ad blue?) before releasing it to the more image concious brands (which, hoenstly, includes every other VAG brand incl. Skoda right now)...
maybe and maybe not... EuroVI without SCR is possible but probably requires significantly updated engines.

since EuroV and EuroVI are pretty similar, i would not be surprised that most manufacturers update their diesel engines so they dont have to use SCR, which is expensive both for them and for their users.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:08 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolfx View Post
maybe and maybe not... EuroVI without SCR is possible but probably requires significantly updated engines.

since EuroV and EuroVI are pretty similar, i would not be surprised that most manufacturers update their diesel engines so they dont have to use SCR, which is expensive both for them and for their users.
The new Mazda Skyactive Diesel e.g. fullfills Euro VI without SCR, by lowering compression ratio. Probably a 170hp TDI with lowered compression ratio?
Old 07-17-2012, 02:19 PM
CSS Veteran

Question: Is the Cupra R version limited to 3-door body style...........or can you order a version of it with two extra doors?
Old 07-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Question: Is the Cupra R version limited to 3-door body style...........or can you order a version of it with two extra doors?
Answer: there is no Cupra yet, let alone a Cupra R. But judging by the past generation, there will be no 3-door Leon anyway.