currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2015, 05:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2016 Toyota Hilux

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11505219...y-breaks-cover

Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The exterior is a yawn-fest with an unattractive nose tacked on. The interior is a disaster zone.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It's a comfort to know that, no matter the time or how far into the future we gaze, that awful Toyota clock will still be around...
Old 05-21-2015, 11:58 PM
Infiniti Supporter

Smile

As I was on the train to work I saw the current HiLux and I must say this all-new HiLux is vastly better. It certainly has a better interior for sure and exterior design is more aggressive and rugged. I know I will see plenty of these on the road here in Australia. Excellent work Toyota. I will have mine in either red or black with the diesel engine or perhaps the V6.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:27 AM
Raconteur

Holy ugly tail lights, Batman!
Old 05-22-2015, 09:08 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT View Post
As I was on the train to work I saw the current HiLux and I must say this all-new HiLux is vastly better. It certainly has a better interior for sure and exterior design is more aggressive and rugged. I know I will see plenty of these on the road here in Australia. Excellent work Toyota. I will have mine in either red or black with the diesel engine or perhaps the V6.
They were so lazy, they managed to make the bits of the exterior that actually look different from the current generation (forward of the rear tray) worse and couldn't be bothered designing an integrated, coherent looking interior. Yep, excellent job Toyota, top effort.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:00 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
They were so lazy, they managed to make the bits of the exterior that actually look different from the current generation (forward of the rear tray) worse and couldn't be bothered designing an integrated, coherent looking interior. Yep, excellent job Toyota, top effort.
Of all the new Toyota interiors, this is probably the best one I've seen, which isn't saying a lot.

Nobody buys a Hilux for its looks, but that doesn't mean it needed to be such a lazy effort, either.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:13 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I'm not sold on the looks - but do think the interior is neat (kind of their retro throw back of 'older models' if you will) - and seems to mimic the themes of the Corolla - which, basically this truck is the Corolla of trucks (cheap / efficient / etc).

I think w/ some modifications - this could be a decent entry for North American...and honestly, I'm surprised more companies haven't embraced this concept...a smaller / compact truck that is more useful to the 'everyday' person that offers decent fuel economy over their larger brothers. I guess GM is trying w/ their recent 'compact' truck entries - but to me, these seem more 'mid-sized' than anything.

I'd love to see GM come up w/ an S10 replacement, or Ford a new Ranger or Mazda a B2000 (I know, it won't happen as they're no longer Ford related).

I'm guessing the concern is cannibalization of full size truck sales?
Old 05-22-2015, 04:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post

I think w/ some modifications - this could be a decent entry for North American...and honestly, I'm surprised more companies haven't embraced this concept...a smaller / compact truck that is more useful to the 'everyday' person that offers decent fuel economy over their larger brothers. I guess GM is trying w/ their recent 'compact' truck entries - but to me, these seem more 'mid-sized' than anything.

I'd love to see GM come up w/ an S10 replacement, or Ford a new Ranger or Mazda a B2000 (I know, it won't happen as they're no longer Ford related).

I'm guessing the concern is cannibalization of full size truck sales?
Is the Hilux that much smaller than the Tacoma and/or the GM twins? My eyes might be playing tricks on me, but it looks about the same from the pics.

Last edited by pjl35; 05-22-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Is the Hilux that much smaller than the Tacoma and/or the GM twins? My eyes might be playing tricks on me, but it looks about the same from the pics.
Could be...I thought it a bit smaller. My eyes are the best either though. :)

Regardless - my thoughts remain that there probably is a meaningful market beyond what's available.