CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-21-2015, 05:32 PM
cuisine cuisine is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,681
Default 2016 Toyota Hilux

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11505219...y-breaks-cover



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 PM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,986
Default

The exterior is a yawn-fest with an unattractive nose tacked on. The interior is a disaster zone.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,208
Default

It's a comfort to know that, no matter the time or how far into the future we gaze, that awful Toyota clock will still be around...
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2015, 11:58 PM
mHawk's Avatar
mHawk mHawk is offline
Infiniti Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 579
Smile

As I was on the train to work I saw the current HiLux and I must say this all-new HiLux is vastly better. It certainly has a better interior for sure and exterior design is more aggressive and rugged. I know I will see plenty of these on the road here in Australia. Excellent work Toyota. I will have mine in either red or black with the diesel engine or perhaps the V6.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2015, 12:27 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,011
Default

Holy ugly tail lights, Batman!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2015, 09:08 AM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT View Post
As I was on the train to work I saw the current HiLux and I must say this all-new HiLux is vastly better. It certainly has a better interior for sure and exterior design is more aggressive and rugged. I know I will see plenty of these on the road here in Australia. Excellent work Toyota. I will have mine in either red or black with the diesel engine or perhaps the V6.
They were so lazy, they managed to make the bits of the exterior that actually look different from the current generation (forward of the rear tray) worse and couldn't be bothered designing an integrated, coherent looking interior. Yep, excellent job Toyota, top effort.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Swallow Doretti Swallow Doretti is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
They were so lazy, they managed to make the bits of the exterior that actually look different from the current generation (forward of the rear tray) worse and couldn't be bothered designing an integrated, coherent looking interior. Yep, excellent job Toyota, top effort.
Of all the new Toyota interiors, this is probably the best one I've seen, which isn't saying a lot.

Nobody buys a Hilux for its looks, but that doesn't mean it needed to be such a lazy effort, either.
__________________
2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited Ultimate
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2015, 04:13 PM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,920
Default

I'm not sold on the looks - but do think the interior is neat (kind of their retro throw back of 'older models' if you will) - and seems to mimic the themes of the Corolla - which, basically this truck is the Corolla of trucks (cheap / efficient / etc).

I think w/ some modifications - this could be a decent entry for North American...and honestly, I'm surprised more companies haven't embraced this concept...a smaller / compact truck that is more useful to the 'everyday' person that offers decent fuel economy over their larger brothers. I guess GM is trying w/ their recent 'compact' truck entries - but to me, these seem more 'mid-sized' than anything.

I'd love to see GM come up w/ an S10 replacement, or Ford a new Ranger or Mazda a B2000 (I know, it won't happen as they're no longer Ford related).

I'm guessing the concern is cannibalization of full size truck sales?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2015, 04:42 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post

I think w/ some modifications - this could be a decent entry for North American...and honestly, I'm surprised more companies haven't embraced this concept...a smaller / compact truck that is more useful to the 'everyday' person that offers decent fuel economy over their larger brothers. I guess GM is trying w/ their recent 'compact' truck entries - but to me, these seem more 'mid-sized' than anything.

I'd love to see GM come up w/ an S10 replacement, or Ford a new Ranger or Mazda a B2000 (I know, it won't happen as they're no longer Ford related).

I'm guessing the concern is cannibalization of full size truck sales?
Is the Hilux that much smaller than the Tacoma and/or the GM twins? My eyes might be playing tricks on me, but it looks about the same from the pics.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost

Last edited by pjl35; 05-22-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Is the Hilux that much smaller than the Tacoma and/or the GM twins? My eyes might be playing tricks on me, but it looks about the same from the pics.
Could be...I thought it a bit smaller. My eyes are the best either though. :)

Regardless - my thoughts remain that there probably is a meaningful market beyond what's available.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy