Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2016, 02:22 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2018 Opel/Vauxhall Insignia, Buick Regal, Holden Commodore

Mods, feel free to split this one up as you see fit. Since they're all the same car I figured one thread would do.

https://www.netcarshow.com/vauxhall/...a_grand_sport/

Last edited by SV; 12-07-2016 at 02:24 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Might as well keep them as one thread, since they are the same vehicle.

Once the wagon is released, would be great if it was sold in Canada as a Buick.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:41 AM
CSS Veteran

385 lbs lighter!

http://www.motor1.com/news/130485/20...d-sport-debut/

Also, love that interior color leather. Just needs a sunroof, and it's perfect.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:50 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I think it looks great. The front end seems a touch low, but it almost makes the car look light, which it is. I like the somewhat novel approach to the DLO surround, though I still wish there was a genuine window behind the rear door and not a fake panel. Interior looks good, very much a mix of recent Opel and Buick.

Looking forward to more pictures, and especially to the Buick version...I expect the Regal wagon will be jacked up as an Outback rival but I will hope for a standard-height version.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:37 AM

Didn't realize official pics had been released. Not normally a fan of white cars, but I have to say it looks clean, crisp, and modern in these studio pics.

Glad to see that there might be some piano black trim on the center console. The LaCrosse has a cheap looking plastic there. Asymmetrical console is a nice touch.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:00 AM
CSS Oldtimer

A redesign in the good direction, but infortunately it's not quite as good as it should be. Design-wise, i like Opel's new face and it's clear that they tried to make it look longer and lower, which is nice. However, the hood is too long, the lower side crease is totally unnecesary, and design detailing is far from having any originality...the previous gen had much more personality.

Engineering-wise, i am glad they finally put it to diet. But i don't get why it has much less boot space despite being longer than before. I suppose that low stance and long hood have something to do with it, but anyway they could learn a thing or two from VAG (Skoda in particular) about how to maximimize interior and boot space from any given length.

That's an extremely important point for me since my parking lot, as any european one, does not have much space to spare. I am totally in for this car segment, it's my segment of choice actually, but i can't afford a car any longer than, say 4,80m. And it's not only me, this is one of the reasons why regular sedan sales are shrinking in Europe: we just don't have enough space. VAG has understood this quite well, whereas Ford and Opel keep enlarging their sedans more and more. Stupid, if you ask me.

Last edited by Reppu; 12-07-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:33 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I think th eexterior looks great, sharp, quite premium like (or, in other words, most premium d-size cars don't look better than their "pelbeian" counterparts). IMO recognizable as an Insignia, yet different enough and way more modern (unlike say the A4 redesign).

Teh interior though is a bit of a let down design wise, that looks just like an Astra in 110% zoom (just like a Skoda Superb is inside basically teh same as an Octavia). A little stitched leather (real one please, if Ford can do it in a Fiesta Vignale) on the dashboard and a larger screen, or a standalone steering wheel. would have done wonders. I also think the angle of the sat nav screen in combination with it's positioning and no "roof" above it will it make rather prone for reflections (well they are already there on the studio shot, now imagine a sunny afternoon in the south).

Sztill, the dramatic weight saving in combination with the good looks should make this a great choice in this (rapidly shrinking) segment
Old 12-07-2016, 08:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The sedan looks crisp and sharp, the wagon's rear end doesn't IMO, particularly in side profile - hopefully, the latter looks better in the flesh. The interior looks decent, but is rather dull looking design-wise (but you can say the same for many in its segment), and it does appear that the screen may prove difficult to read in daylight hours.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
That's an extremely important point for me since my parking lot, as any european one, does not have much space to spare.
I live in a metro U.S. city, and our parking spots (while presumably still larger than those in Europe) are also on the smaller side. Or perhaps they feel that way when everyone around you is driving an SUV.

I also agree that the constant size creep (esp in width) is VERY annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78
A little stitched leather (real one please, if Ford can do it in a Fiesta Vignale) on the dashboard and a larger screen, or a standalone steering wheel. would have done wonders.
From what I can tell, the dash topper has stitching (similar to MB does for some of its cars). I think it'd look much better if the stitching were in a contrasting color. Agree that some sort of stitching (or perhaps horizontal trim) across the dashboard would be nice.

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 12-07-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:35 AM
CSS Veteran

Damn that looks amazing.

It's like a German Mazda 6 :)