Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2017, 02:20 AM

Default 2018 Nissan Leaf

Better styling than the original, looks good.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/u...18-nissan-leaf

2018 Nissan Leaf

Last edited by The Car-man; 09-06-2017 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:46 AM
Raconteur

The face is passable, but the tail is a disaster. Like the Civic and the Accord that have nice proportions and stance that are ruined by ridiculous styling details, so it goes with the Leaf....same kind of story. This could have been 100% better without the idiotic roof treatment.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:36 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I don't really know what to think. The original Leaf did look quirky to give it the "this is an EV so it needs to be special" feel, but this somehow is not quirky enough to look immediately like something special, yet not normal enough to be easily accepted by the average consumer. It's not ugly, but somehow "quirky dull", if that exists. The interior looks much better though, but I will never understand why car makers have the urge to reinvent the "PRND" shifter stick....
Old 09-06-2017, 10:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Exterior: I agree with Swiz. The rear looks awful and the C- pillar / floating roof treatment idiotic. Ah well, at least it looks significantly better than a Prius.

Interior: Should look interesting and futuristic but ends up looking dull.

Good to see the claimed range has improved markedly.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:58 AM
The Lurker

The rear is the most interesting and most resolved part of the car. The rest is a bit bloated. Why they couldn't put the charging port in the grille is beyond me. There are to many cuts in the hood now and it's just messy. The proportions looks awkward with the smaller wheels, especially the rear.

That interior is a huge let down and carries over way too much from the previous gen. It's like they ran out of money and had to phone it parts last minute (guess those test cars we saw a month or so ago were the real deal).
Old 09-06-2017, 12:34 PM

It is more of a deep facelift than a new model, like the current X5/X6.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:43 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The front overhang is ridiculously large. Sorry - not seeing anything here that is attractive / interesting. It's just plain weird. The Bolt is a bland looking vehicle - but smart in it's execution. This is just awful. The interior is a hot mess.

Good on them for improved range though. However, as Levi had mentioned - this is not really an 'all new' car - most of the guts are the same.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Ugh. So many issues with this. Probably the worst/cheapest floating roof execution yet. Those shots don't even make it look like it's very glossy plastic that might fool someone into thinking it's glass...why bother. Charging ports with the HUGE cutout in front of the hood but behind the grille is beyond idiotic...why not continue to hide it behind the badge like they cleverly did before? Interior looks dark, dated, and cheap...with a huge amount of recycling from the last gen. Something as simple as the some silver trim from the infotainment surround around or for the air vents would have done wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
It is more of a deep facelift than a new model, like the current X5/X6.
Yup, they keep trying to refer to it as all-new (just like other automakers), but identical doors (both exterior and the inside panels), etc. are a dead giveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
The interior looks much better though, but I will never understand why car makers have the urge to reinvent the "PRND" shifter stick....
To be fair, it's no different than the last-gen.

Last edited by pjl35; 09-06-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
To be fair, it's no different than the last-gen.
I know, and they are not the first ones to implement that. It still does not mean it's a good thing. All those special "push, pull and press a button" or rotary knobs are just more complicated to use than a normal shifter, IMO. It's a case of different for the sake of it, not improving things
Old 09-06-2017, 02:25 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I know, and they are not the first ones to implement that. It still does not mean it's a good thing. All those special "push, pull and press a button" or rotary knobs are just more complicated to use than a normal shifter, IMO. It's a case of different for the sake of it, not improving things
oh i completely agree. honestly, it seems like the most sensible solution to the trend of replacing traditional shifters would be to place something small and simple on the left side of the steering wheel, near where headlight switches etc. often are. that way it's out of the way, only accessible to the driver (compared to vehicles like the new Terrain having them smack dab in the center), and wouldn't require much space since they're all electronic.