Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
So far I'm a bit undecided - it does look good, but then again it does because the Modeo already did look good, and it is evolutionary like it was a facelift (I'm sure the body is mostly new though, platform however could be a carry over indicated by the sma ewheelbase, even most of the inteior looks similar, like the structure below new surfaces were the same (general shape of dash, center console, positioning of instruments).

However, at least I prefer it to the overly busy Focus, the Fusion's detailing is way more elegant and coherent (even if the grille is quite Aston as pointed out by many).

I hope though they don't name it Fusion in Europe, the last Fusion (the boxy Fiesta version) is nothing you would like to be reminded of...
It will remain Mondeo in Europe. Look at the badge on the white version. ;)
Old 01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

that's waaay nicer than current one! it has much stronger personality and looks waaay sleeker than current one! and because of this I don't resent it having that aston-like grille... besides it suits it quite well...

but for my final judgement I'd have to wait to see it live. ...cause, the one thing that bothers me most at current Mondeo is it's "bloatedness". to me, thing looks swollen like a pregnant whale! this one looks endlessly sleeker... though, I have a single concern: current Mondeo is a huge car... but I read somewhere, that this one is even bigger! it's allegedly longer for whole 9cm! and, if this is true, that's a lot! in any case, that alleged "extra length" is good "remedy" against bloaty appearance, but I just hope it wouldn't need 20" alloys to hide it's size...
Old 01-09-2012, 07:14 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko View Post
it's allegedly longer for whole 9cm! and, if this is true, that's a lot! in any case, that alleged "extra length" is good "remedy" against bloaty appearance, but I just hope it wouldn't need 20" alloys to hide it's size...
This Titanium model has 19 inch wheels on 235/40R19 tires.

- Autoblog
Old 01-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM2 View Post
This Titanium model has 19 inch wheels on 235/40R19 tires.

- Autoblog
Wow it looks even better in live photos! What a stance!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I'm gobsmacked as they say in England.....what an amazing combination of powerplants. Talk about throwing down the gauntlet to Chevy, Honda, Toyota and Dodge.

And Ford isn't done yet with this. There are still the Euro diesels, Estate/Station wagon and hatchback versions to come!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I would like to say I'm speechless. This is I think the first Ford I can say I absolutely love. What an amazing combination of style, and usability. I think it'll be a tough call between this and the Malibu in the midsize sales race.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerammer View Post
I would like to say I'm speechless. This is I think the first Ford I can say I absolutely love. What an amazing combination of style, and usability. I think it'll be a tough call between this and the Malibu in the midsize sales race.
Nah, this walks all over the Malibu.

As for sales numbers, though, it's hard to say. It won't have the drawbacks that stopped the Focus from being a runaway success (quirky transmission and rear-seat room), but it may still be pricey. If it stays in line with the Camry and Accord on price, and if MyFord Touch is finally fixed, this should only continue (or even accelerate) the Fusion's march up the sales charts.

Last edited by SV; 01-09-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I dunno.. I mean, I'd have to see both cars in the flesh to decide. I certainly prefer over the Nissan Altima we had for a week in Florida. Granted, that was a four cylinder, but still.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 PM

Unlike everyone else, I'm finding it rather difficult warming up to the massive proportions and heavy styling features. That's the main reason for why I dislike the current Taurus. Plus, compared to the Mondeo, it's techno details are a bit over the top. At least the shaving blades are gone.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerammer View Post
I dunno.. I mean, I'd have to see both cars in the flesh to decide. I certainly prefer over the Nissan Altima we had for a week in Florida. Granted, that was a four cylinder, but still.

Eh, I see where you're coming from, but I think the new Malibu is a bit of a step back from the old one, design wise. It still looks quite nice, but the face looks a bit too big for the body and the sides have lost that solid, almost teutonic feel that was so appealing. The Fusion, on the other hand, looks mean, focused, and very, very upscale. It's more aggressive than the 'Bu yet at the same time has an elegance that the Chevy, with its faux-Camaro haunches, utterly lacks. Looking at it more, I really do love it; it's a big improvement over both the Mondeo and the Fusion and is up at the top of the class, looks-wise, in both Europe and America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementW View Post
Unlike everyone else, I'm finding it rather difficult warming up to the massive proportions and heavy styling features. That's the main reason for why I dislike the current Taurus. Plus, compared to the Mondeo, it's techno details are a bit over the top. At least the shaving blades are gone.
As good as I think it is already I do think it could benefit from blacked-out sills to reduce visual mass, like on the Focus.

Last edited by SV; 01-09-2012 at 11:05 PM.