CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-20-2013, 05:34 AM
haji's Avatar
haji haji is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,568
Cool 2014 Porsche Macan

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/11/201...-official.html



Last edited by fou_bleu; 11-20-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-20-2013, 05:54 AM
against the wall's Avatar
against the wall against the wall is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Da burbs
Posts: 10,303
Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default

good pic for scale...its pretty small.
__________________
Fix your signature, the image was not working - admin

No - against the wall
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 AM
fou_bleu's Avatar
fou_bleu fou_bleu is offline
Blue crazy moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,595
Default

Looks the goods to me, Porsche may be onto a winner here! And boy it is smaller than it looks! :O
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
If Audi can get away with relying on FWD architectures then the Continental is OK not being RWD.
Just browsing? Join the conversation!

Keep up to date with the community rules

Join the official CarSpyShots Facebook Group
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,711
Default

Meh. Not a fan of what looks like they tried to make a trunk lid. The rear should just be more upright. Come on it's not a 911!

Also one of the most distinct Porsche design traits is the round humps over each the front wheels that sit taller than the hood. It does so even on the Cayenne, but on this car it just looks flat going all the way across.

If I had $50K to spend on a Porsche, I'd much rather get a Boxster!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-2013, 09:47 AM
effew effew is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 357
Default

I like it. Hopefully it's priced competitively and not as the uber-mini-ute.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2013, 02:40 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
...If I had $50K to spend on a Porsche, I'd much rather get a Boxster!
You'd be talking used most likely because base Boxsters are rare birds. The Macan allows Porsche to play in a hotly contested price band without having to have a sportscar below the Boxster, so on that angle it's a pretty good idea. I do wish There were a Porsche "914" that began at $35-40K. It would be interesting if Porsche put a new hat on the Golf R and made that their entry-level model.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
You'd be talking used most likely because base Boxsters are rare birds. The Macan allows Porsche to play in a hotly contested price band without having to have a sportscar below the Boxster, so on that angle it's a pretty good idea. I do wish There were a Porsche "914" that began at $35-40K. It would be interesting if Porsche put a new hat on the Golf R and made that their entry-level model.
Yeah, it will appeal to a lot more buyers than the Boxster outsell it for sure. I think it's mainly because the Macan can be a daily driver unlike Boxster, but I doubt it would undercut it in price by much. The Q5 3.0T starts at $44,400 and the Boxster avg paid is $48K-$59K (per to US News). So surely the Macan will cost more than the car on which it's based. Also, Porsche's ridiculous options list will apply to the Macan as much as it does for the Boxster.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2013, 08:37 PM
IcedG35's Avatar
IcedG35 IcedG35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,026
Default

this looks really sharp with none of the Cayenne awkwardness, especially in the rear.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2013, 10:33 PM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Yeah, it will appeal to a lot more buyers than the Boxster outsell it for sure. I think it's mainly because the Macan can be a daily driver unlike Boxster, but I doubt it would undercut it in price by much. The Q5 3.0T starts at $44,400 and the Boxster avg paid is $48K-$59K (per to US News). So surely the Macan will cost more than the car on which it's based. Also, Porsche's ridiculous options list will apply to the Macan as much as it does for the Boxster.
I'd be very surprised if it undercuts the Boxster. Probably later, when some 4 cylinder model is released, but so far, I see this at least 20% above a comparable Audi Q5 (just like a Cayenne or Panamera are also comparably overpriced to a ridiculous degree). Plus,. as you mention, the otion list will be ridiculous. Especially in Europe, where people seem to be willing to pay for the most basic options in a premium car (hey, a base 911 comes with cloths seats, no multi function steering wheel or parking sensors)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-21-2013, 01:24 AM
ndjan ndjan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 874
Default

The hood is really bizarre, it incorporates part of the front fenders and holes for the headlamps.

Proportion and profile-wise, its a bit too close to the infiniti ex, but I really dig the rear taillights, much better than the Cayenne.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy