Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2018, 02:11 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Old 07-19-2018, 02:50 AM
Raconteur

The revised Leaf is so much more palatable than the ugly first one. This edition is very attractive. It may be the best looking Nissan at the moment. If I were getting an EV, I'd definitely consider a Leaf before a Model 3. This is one of the very few products that Nissan does right.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:19 AM
Administrator

Well considering the current leaf in the states starts at 30K or so, and the cheapest model 3 which you can drive now, is def a lot more, plus the build quality on the nissan is probably a lot better. Then it is an easy choice to go for the nissan.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The revised Leaf is so much more palatable than the ugly first one. This edition is very attractive. It may be the best looking Nissan at the moment. If I were getting an EV, I'd definitely consider a Leaf before a Model 3. This is one of the very few products that Nissan does right.
I know I'm an anti Nissan guy, and a pro Tesla guy (I own a Model S). This said - the biggest issue w/ the Leaf is Nissan's battery management (or lack of) abilities. The cooling / heating of the batteries is basically non-existent; hence - when you see a used on, the battery degradation is borderline horrific; with many losing up to 40% of original capacity.

Also - this Leaf, while notably better looking than the original - is a great example of a mid-model refresh done right. The face / hood / trunk are new - the overall shape (doors notably) is literally the same as the previous gen.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:58 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I know I'm an anti Nissan guy, and a pro Tesla guy (I own a Model S). This said - the biggest issue w/ the Leaf is Nissan's battery management (or lack of) abilities. The cooling / heating of the batteries is basically non-existent; hence - when you see a used on, the battery degradation is borderline horrific; with many losing up to 40% of original capacity.

Also - this Leaf, while notably better looking than the original - is a great example of a mid-model refresh done right. The face / hood / trunk are new - the overall shape (doors notably) is literally the same as the previous gen.
So $30K Leaf on a lease or a $65K Tesla to get battery management. The Leaf easily wins. Then you factor in the better (versus Tesla) quality (and I despise Nissans) and the Leaf is a sweet option to lease. Only a fool would buy an EV for keeps at this point given how technology is leaping. Why would anyone buy a used EV? #counterintuitive
Old 07-19-2018, 04:05 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Leasing makes sense.

No QC issues w/ my Tesla. Most reports are amplified by social media; if GM / Ford / FCA / Nissan / etc had the same social media stuff - we'd be hearing about the concerns.

And, you're not paying for just better battery management; Tesla's are premium products. Nissan's aren't. That's like saying why by a Jetta when a 3 series does the same thing.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:32 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
...That's like saying why by a Jetta when a 3 series does the same thing.
And given how lacking Teslas are as premium vehicles the above sentiment is quite appropriate. The Model 3 is a passable $35K car. At $65K it's pathetically horrible.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
And given how lacking Teslas are as premium vehicles the above sentiment is quite appropriate. The Model 3 is a passable $35K car. At $65K it's pathetically horrible.
Huh...best selling premium mid-sized sedan currently (no qualifiers here as well); and that's limited by production, with an industry leading consumer satisfaction rating. I guess your POV is in the minority on that one.

Last edited by Crash; 07-19-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:06 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Huh...best selling premium mid-sized sedan currently (no qualifiers here as well); and that's limited by production, with an industry leading consumer satisfaction rating. I guess your POV is in the minority on that one.
And we're back to your usual mean-spirited comments
Old 07-19-2018, 08:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

you call that mean spirited? Sheesh man. Relax. Pointing out some different POV's. Wasn't intended that way for sure though.