Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2020, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough
Default 2021 Genesis GV80

Not sure how I feel about this, part of the design feels old already and not fresh. I can't see many people in Europe buying this, perhaps it will sell better in the US and South Korea? Maybe Middle east?
Old 01-01-2020, 11:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
part of the design feels old already and not fresh. I can't see many people in Europe buying this, perhaps it will sell better in the US and South Korea? Maybe Middle east?
The exterior shape and detailing (particularly the slit lights) didn't looked new when the concept was unveiled, and they've become more dated since. Are those lights or chrome strips over the vender vents.

Interior looks excellent.

US sales will depend heavily on whether Genesis is willing to subsidize the lease. MB and BMW sell well in this country b/c, while the MSPR may exceed Genesis by several thousand, the lease deals are generally better the Genesis (at least on the G70 vs. BMW vs. MB).
Old 01-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Melas Pelas

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

This could be the first Genesis model that experiences strong sales (in a while).
Old 01-01-2020, 05:33 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

This looks excellent and should be a strong design piece against some of the Germans who've slipped into tedious and dated detailing (Q7 and X5/7 namely...)

I was horrified by the concept for looking a decade out of date, but Genesis has remedied the weirdness out. No more giant flat chrome plate around the grille. The spiderweb effect along the pillars and wheels is dead (who thought that was a good idea??). I'm still cautious on the actual rims hiding in the dark in these photos. Seems like a lot of bling...

Very clean and stately proportions. And I'm starting to buy into the Genesis dual LED light strip thing.

That interior is stunning as well and not a tech-laden mess like Audi's today. I appreciate the use of dials although there's quite a few on the lower console, I'm assuming for drive modes, infotainment selection, and a shifter?

I'm confused bu the vent along the front fenders. In one photo they look completely fake and flat. But in the front 3/4 shot, there seems to be a small mesh pattern in there. I hope they're real.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:13 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

I like the interior, but the exterior is a hot mess....oversized grill, weird vents, bizarre headlights.

Considering the G70 is an absolute masterpiece, and the importance of CUVís - Iím a bit caught off guard by this being so poor to these eyes
Old 01-03-2020, 02:03 AM
Melas Pelas

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

does GV stand for Great Value?
Old 01-07-2020, 07:45 AM

RoddyD is on a distinguished road

I think the front and the front fenders show growth in design. Unique without being overtly so, with a bit of flair. Perhaps the grille itself could be a little smaller, and a little more restrained, BUT...

The back doors and fenders though...wow....droopy, saggy arsed creation that looks bloody awful.

The interior LOOKS beautiful apart from that bulging steering wheel that LOOKS like an airbag has semi-inflated! If they've got the materials. fit and finish right, THAT'S a winner.

If only it didn't look like it was dragging its butt.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

There is some Bentayga feeling about it in the back. Otherwise, it is a fine example of a car done right.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

cuisine is on a distinguished road

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/01/20...ica-this-year/

Old 01-15-2020, 08:38 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
There is some Bentayga feeling about it in the back. Otherwise, it is a fine example of a car done right.
The thing is, the Bentyaga looks like the Chinese clone of this, somehow; Even if this GV80 has design elements form at least 3 design languages, it still looks more rounded, better and more"stately" than the Q7 with Bentley front end rear clips.

Otehrwise I agree, this is done right, and should see strong sales in the US.