currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2020, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough
Default 2020 Seat Leon

And revealed

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/01/ne...h-personality/

Personally I like it, looks sportier than the golf but I still feel the Golf will outsell it

Last edited by Ascariss; 01-28-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:07 PM
CSS Veteran

disap.ed is on a distinguished road

Interesting:

Quote:
In its 5-door variant, the all-new SEAT Leon is 4,368mm long (+86mm), 1,800mm wide (-16mm) and 1,456mm high (-3mm). The wheelbase stands at 2,686mm, which is 50mm more than the third generation SEAT Leon.

In its Sportstourer version, the all-new Leon is 4,642mm long (+93mm), 1,800mm wide (-16mm) and 1,448mm high (-3mm). The wheelbase stands at 2,686mm, which is 50mm more than the previous generation.
Seems to be the only one of the reworked VAG with a completely new body.
I think it looks great, aside from the bland interior (just like the last one)
Old 01-29-2020, 02:22 AM

madskillz is on a distinguished road

IMO big disappointment.
The front end(especially the grill) is simply bad.
Hyundai front and some Astra rear vibes on the stretched Leon shape - no good.
The current Leon looks much sportier, sharper and cleaner, the new one is just average.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:20 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

It's not unattractive but I think I prefer the old one. I'm not sure about the new nose, which looks a bit too long, somehow. I do like the full-width taillights and 90s-retro "Leon" badge on the back. The interior is pretty bland, and maybe even a bit plasticky going by some of the higher-res pictures (it looks like the dash could actually be hard plastic!).

Overall, certainly attractive, but I think I'd probably take the Golf this time.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:02 AM

RoddyD is on a distinguished road

Gee I see a lot of the current Ford Focus and Subaru Impreza from the front down to the rear pillar in these hatches, incl the glasshouse. The only area that's unique is the rear liftback door and tail area. Bloody awfully derivative. Don't like the wagon either. The interior I can live with dependent on quality of fittings.

Last edited by RoddyD; 01-29-2020 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyD View Post
Gee I see a lot of the current Ford Focus and Subaru Impreza from the front down to the rear pillar in these hatches, incl the glasshouse.
Really? I'm getting Mazda 3 vibes from several generations ago.

We don't get Seats in the US, so I can only base this off of what I saw in Europe last year (when I actually had a Leon rental that was quite nice). I think it's perfectly pleasant-looking, if a bit bland. I think the wagon is quite handsome and there's a lot of Audi in the profile, IMHO.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Indeed the only all new (well, apart from the platform) body, but, Tbh., nice but also most boring and anonymous looking Seat Leon so far; The front end still looks like a Hyundai, and the rear end has strong Kia vibes; The less angled A-pillar takes away sportiness and stance IMO; Generally, it could be anything, pleasant but vanilla 2020 C-segemnet hatchback design.

Interior looks a bit overly plasticky in terms of materials, the glued on tablet look is starting to look overused and thus a bit dated, The stitched leatherette door pull handles are a nice touch, more premium than many premiums though (and a contact point you touch a lot, and very underrated in terms of importance for quality feel), but the rest is just meh....

And as in the Gold, not a fan of the whole tiny touch only switches....
Old 01-29-2020, 08:55 AM
CSS Veteran

Nastka is on a distinguished road

Funny that so many people are saying the design reminds them of something else. It just shows how derivative it is, and how little it builds on Seat's existing design language. For me personally, I'm getting strong Hyundai and Peugeot vibes from the front.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:59 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
Funny that so many people are saying the design reminds them of something else. It just shows how derivative it is, and how little it builds on Seat's existing design language. For me personally, I'm getting strong Hyundai and Peugeot vibes from the front.
I'm very sure it will drive past me in traffic several times before I notice that it's a new Seat.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:25 AM
CSS Veteran

disap.ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Interior looks a bit overly plasticky in terms of materials, the glued on tablet look is starting to look overused and thus a bit dated, The stitched leatherette door pull handles are a nice touch, more premium than many premiums though (and a contact point you touch a lot, and very underrated in terms of importance for quality feel), but the rest is just meh....
I agree, though I have to see and feel it in person. It seems the dashboard has a kind of "interesting" structure, the Skoda Scala has something similiar and it looks and feels quite good in the flesh. Lets see.