Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2011, 10:42 PM

Talking Guess who's back....

Refreshed two-door coupé, now with up to 430 hp (316 kW) – the exclusive and powerful MALSI ALBA ARIES “SESTO ANNO”

More than five years after its premiere at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2006 and 12000 vehicles sold in Africa, Asia and Europe in the meantime, the exclusive Italian manufacturer MALSI ALBA is glad to step into the sixth production year with a refreshment of its mid-size coupé. The “ARIES SESTO ANNO” is an exclusive, high-performance vehicle that appeals to particularly sophisticated tastes: performance, handling, styling, individuality and uniqueness. With these values incorporated and further adaptations, the supplemental mission is to conquest the United States of America.

The market launch of the refreshed ARIES starts in September 2011, shortly after its premiere at the 64th International Motor Show „IAA“ in Frankfurt, Germany.

Dynamic, elegant and confident: the exterior

Visually, the new model year stays true to itself. Although the exterior has not undergone a single modification since its introduction in 2006, its strong identity will remain unaffected: a strong, athletic but still elegant presence combined with classic coupé proportions and short overhangs.

At the front end, the refreshed ARIES is characterized by its slightly modified apron and signature radiator grille (in optional high gloss finish) and new eye-catching, full-LED headlamps. The changes at the rear can be identified by the redesigned diffusor area as well as the new full-LED taillamps. An extended range of alloy wheels in different finishes and exterior colors complete the major modifications on the exterior.

Premium quality and exclusivity: the interior

Entering the ARIES, passengers discover an exclusive, high quality interior with a variety of upgrades (especially for the U.S. version) and enrichment especially concerning adjustments on details but also including renewed trim elements and a greater selection of upholstery materials.

Updated infotainment system and enhanced connectivity

The Aries also features an updated infotainment system with an extensive software update and enhanced connectivity via Bluetooth and USB interface. The most important innovation, however, is the internet access which allows to browse the web when parked.

New engines, improved performance and improved fuel efficiency

MALSI ALBA's technical gem, a completely new developed 4.0-liter V8 engine will be introduced in the ARIES 430 in a first version with a maximum output of 430 hp (316 kW) and peak torque of 550 Nm (406 lb/ft), delivering powerful traction and super car performance with an acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 60 mph) in 4.5 seconds and top speed of 310 km/h (193 mph).

Compared to the last model year, the 3.2-liter V6 engine has undergone substantial technical modification in order to improve performance, enhance efficiency and meet international environmental regulations. Thus, the „ARIES 320“ now delivers 320 hp (236 kW), a peak torque of 410 Nm (300 lb/ft) and a top speed of 285 km/h (185 mph) while its overall consumption figures have been reduced to 9 l/100 km (about 26 mpg).
A new model underneath the “ARIES 320” will be another version of the this engine with 260 hp (191 kW) in the „ARIES 260“.

All variants benefit from the technology updates that will serve the new ARIES: newly developed modular parts save 15 kg (33 lbs) in weight and not only help increasing fuel efficiency and environment protection, but also further enhance the vehicles' agility and responsiveness. As if this wasn't enough, a new dual clutch gearbox, the „Doppia Frizione“ amplify these effects and further lower fuel consumption a 15-20% compared to the still available six-speed manual transmission or the new 8-speed automatic transmission.
The new „Doppia Frizione“ and the enhanced sports steering provide direct and dynamic power delivery and offers five different driving modes (including two individual „high performance“ modes and an „high efficiency“ setup), making a significant contribution to the vehicle's direct, highly effective handling. Numerous important safety features complete the package.

More announcements on new ARIES versions and possible further surprises could be revealed ahead of Frankfurt Motor Show. Stay tuned.

Last edited by car-fan; 07-24-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:16 AM

By the way, I've just found the thread with the original sketches dated March 2006...

http://www.carspyshots.net/showthread.php?t=8355

Please feel free to comment!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Fabulous sketches, and a great looking automobile. It's amazing comparing this with the old car, because the same features are all there, but you've honed your technique to such a point that they are now much better conveyed. Terrific work, welcome back.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:37 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Nice to see you back car-fan! Your sketches were always great to look at, but they're simply spectacular now. The technique is amazing, and makes me feel bad that I've let my own drawing skills stagnate for the last 2 years or so while you've improved massively.

The design itself is good too; you can see the old design there but it's been considerably refined.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:14 AM

The design evokes some of the most modern supercars from Europe like the Aventador.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:06 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Fantastic design, I love the lower shaded part of the rear bumper (which I imagine to be black plastic), and that centre console. You seem to have improved incredibly in the past 5 years.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 PM

Your improvement is inspirational. The quality is a real standout, almost 3D like. Like Axis said, it goes to show [me] that I've rather neglected my own work.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:06 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementW View Post
Your improvement is inspirational. The quality is a real standout, almost 3D like. Like Axis said, it goes to show [me] that I've rather neglected my own work.
...Axis?
Old 07-26-2011, 04:37 PM
TheSwageLine

Beautiful. You definitely get the sense that it's an exclusive and premium vehicle by looking at it. I wouldn't hesitate in saying this vehicle is comarable with the Aston Martins and Maseratis or the world as far as looks go.

Last edited by TheSwageLine; 07-26-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:43 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Nothing left to say, Great design.