Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2017, 05:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Platform dictates so much of a vehicle's innate character. In the case of the Continental, it just doesent hold up to gravity of the competition. Audi does very well in this regard, they nail proportions regardless of whats underneath.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.

Last edited by Naga Royal Guard; 11-10-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
This. Acura has lost themselves. They've forgotten what made their cars special; Legend, Integra - amazing products.
From a sales perspective, though, wasn't part of the magic that their cars used to undercut the competition by a significant margin? I mean, weren't the original 2 Legends an E-Class sized car (actually, possibly even slightly bigger) for less than a C-Class (or 190e)? I think what Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus have taught us that, if you price your luxury car at roughly the same level as the Germans, people (or, at least, Americans) would rather buy the Germans (aside from the RX).

Only Tesla seems to have cracked the code (sorta), and it's b/c it offers something totally different from what the Germans can offer (for now). It appeals, I think, to many buyers who probably aren't that interested in cars as cars (or even as status symbols) but are more interested in cars as giant, driveable smartphones.

I think the Americans and Japanese need to stopping trying to ape the Germans and produce things that are unique (and part of that would be to bring back the actual names rather than use the silly alpha-numeric designations).

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 11-12-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
...I think the Americans and Japanese need to stopping trying to ape the Germans and produce things that are unique (and part of that would be to bring back the actual names rather than use the silly alpha-numeric designations).
AMEN
Old 11-13-2017, 02:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
From a sales perspective, though, wasn't part of the magic that their cars used to undercut the competition by a significant margin? I mean, weren't the original 2 Legends an E-Class sized car (actually, possibly even slightly bigger) for less than a C-Class (or 190e)? I think what Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus have taught us that, if you price your luxury car at roughly the same level as the Germans, people (or, at least, Americans) would rather buy the Germans (aside from the RX).

Only Tesla seems to have cracked the code (sorta), and it's b/c it offers something totally different from what the Germans can offer (for now). It appeals, I think, to many buyers who probably aren't that interested in cars as cars (or even as status symbols) but are more interested in cars as giant, driveable smartphones.

I think the Americans and Japanese need to stopping trying to ape the Germans and produce things that are unique (and part of that would be to bring back the actual names rather than use the silly alpha-numeric designations).
$$ could very well be a factor. However, if that were the case, Kia Optima would be the best selling sedan (it wins hands down on style, quality and value). So, I think $$ is part of the equation; but not the secret sauce.

And yes, killing the STUPID names that have ZERO brand recognition is also a brilliant idea.