CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-26-2018, 02:17 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
None of which has anything to do with what I wrote - I'm not arguing against your points.
Learn to think would be my advice. His destruction of quality goes directly to the dishonest, disreputable character of a criminal mindset.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-26-2018, 03:10 PM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,214
Default

While I'm clearly NOT a fan of Nissan and Carlos. I WILL acknowledge that his philosophy of 'improve quality - so warranty claims go down, thus freeing up more $$ to invest in new products' is sound. It's logical.

HOWEVER, the execution of that philosophy was painfully awful. Nissan quality did NOT improve; at a minimum it stayed the same - arguably it got worse during his tenure. Further - their 'new' products have been laughable.
- Leaf; while an admirable product - offered arguably the worst battery management system - meaning that Nissan Leaf batteries fall into the pitfall of 'normal' concerns on battery degradation. Also - the Gen 2 Leaf is Gen one with anew face and tail...ouch
- Altima is still an also ran
- Infiniti has yet to become what it could have / should have been
- Rogue is the same ugly POS that it's been since day one. It's only succeeding as the water level for CUV's has risen.
- Titan is a previous gen Ram; and a POOR / ugly execution at that
- Z is a 15 year old product that is now grossly outclassed by every other product in that segment
- The new variable compression engines in Altima / future Nissan applications seems unnecessarily complex - and ripe for lots of warranty claims.

To my eyes - the only two products that are interesting / have done well are Maxima and Murano. One being a dying category the other benefiting (as with Rogue) from the water level rising.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-26-2018, 06:35 PM
62Lincoln 62Lincoln is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Learn to think would be my advice. His destruction of quality goes directly to the dishonest, disreputable character of a criminal mindset.
Try following your own advice.If you can't understand the difference between a legal issue and an issue of corporate governance, that's your problem.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,214
Default

Not going to get in between you two .... I think Swiz and I were aligned in our POV that the legality of what Carlos is going through might not be limited to him personally....meaning, if he is THAT DUMB to fudge his personal income (risking jail / firing) - who's to say that he's not fudging the Nissan books as well.

I might be wrong...I know I put that idea forward a page ago -and he (I think) agreed w/ me in spirit.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-27-2018, 12:53 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Not going to get in between you two .... I think Swiz and I were aligned in our POV that the legality of what Carlos is going through might not be limited to him personally....meaning, if he is THAT DUMB to fudge his personal income (risking jail / firing) - who's to say that he's not fudging the Nissan books as well.

I might be wrong...I know I put that idea forward a page ago -and he (I think) agreed w/ me in spirit.
Indeed and 62Lincoln is slow on the uptake that someone who is cheating financially is likely cheating on other aspects of corporate governance that could open Nissan up to litigation. The quality implosion could very well be a symptom of more.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-09-2018, 06:43 PM
62Lincoln 62Lincoln is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Indeed and 62Lincoln is slow on the uptake that someone who is cheating financially is likely cheating on other aspects of corporate governance that could open Nissan up to litigation. The quality implosion could very well be a symptom of more.
No proof has been presented, only accusations. But that's apparently the Japanese way.

And poor Swizzle might pop a blood vessel now that the other shoe is beginning to drop:

https://www.france24.com/en/20181207...t-nissan-kelly

https://www.wsj.com/articles/carlos-...est-1544348502
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,431
Default

You've really jumped the rails if you're now going to argue that Ghosn is a victim.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
No proof has been presented, only accusations. But that's apparently the Japanese way.

And poor Swizzle might pop a blood vessel now that the other shoe is beginning to drop:

https://www.france24.com/en/20181207...t-nissan-kelly

https://www.wsj.com/articles/carlos-...est-1544348502
I think Nissan citing they were going to oust him anyway is a bit of a 'I was going to break up w/ my girlfriend - but she dumped me first' situation.

Fallout (if managed properly from their PR team) will get buried on page 10 of the news. I might be wrong - and truthfully, I hope I am as LOTS of innocent employees would be impacted by poor judgement from management.

In terms of Carlos citing conspiracy (I do love me a good conspiracy theory) - that smacks of a Trump playbook. So, distract by claiming nonsense / lead peoples attention away from reality. Lets see how that works out for him (both of them actually)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Today, 12:55 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
...So, distract by claiming nonsense / lead peoples attention away from reality. Lets see how that works out for him (both of them actually)
That's actually more of a Socialist-Democrat kind of move i.e the SJW BS-ery.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Today, 03:09 AM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,214
Default

Actually, itís more of a communist move. Classic Russia, China and (to a lesser extent) Cuban plays.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy