Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2018, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member

Default 2019 Jaguar XE Facelift

Looks like the XE is getting a quick refresh, Hopefully they will spend a bit of time on the cabin.

Doesn't look like this is going to get the same scale face-lift the Original XF got with its face-lift back in 2011.

Source:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/...the-first-time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-min.jpg (89.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2-min.jpg (95.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 6-min.jpg (96.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-25-2018, 12:23 AM
Raconteur

Another of the pointless updates. Is the XE a success anywhere? It's as poor a seller here in the USA as the Giulia.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart22186 View Post
Looks like the XE is getting a quick refresh, Hopefully they will spend a bit of time on the cabin.

Doesn't look like this is going to get the same scale face-lift the Original XF got with its face-lift back in 2011.

Source:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/...the-first-time
Well, apart form probably getting less Audi like rear lights, i think the exterior is fine as it is, a subtle work over will do (and hopefully no added fake vents & exhausts). As you point out, it is the cabin that needs work, it is not bad as such, but definitely not worthy of a Jaguar, neither in terms of style nor materials; We can only hope that the interior is done more by Land Rover guys than those who did the original, or the - IMO even less Jag like - current gen. XF's interior...
Old 07-25-2018, 03:14 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Personally i find the XE to lack visual presence and does not appear to be any more premium, if at all, compared to much cheaper mainstream cars of this size.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 07-25-2018, 03:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Personally i find the XE to lack visual presence
I think it has to do with the design - which is more or less identical to the previous generation XF, where it looked superb - only working form a specific size upwards; I do to a certain degree find that with the Mercedes C_Class - especially the coupe version - as well, where on the comparably small size the design language kind of looses it's presence; I guess it's a case of size matters after all ;)
Old 07-25-2018, 06:13 PM
Raconteur

Jaguar really needs to replace Callum.

Callum is still living in the shadow of the Bertone B99 which overshadowed Callum's tribute to the Merkur Scorpio (XJ).

Callum was livid when asked about the B99 and given the ungainliness of the XJ we can see why.

Callum's response was to dumb down the XF in its second generation and to really dumb that down for the XE.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Jaguar really needs to replace Callum.

Callum is still living in the shadow of the Bertone B99 which overshadowed Callum's tribute to the Merkur Scorpio (XJ).

Callum was livid when asked about the B99 and given the ungainliness of the XJ we can see why.

Callum's response was to dumb down the XF in its second generation and to really dumb that down for the XE.
I don't think its time for callum to move on just yet, in fact i think he is doing and has done a great deal with Jaguar and aligning there identity.

As for the B99 - in all honesty i don't get the hype, i cant even see a way that car could of translated from a concept to production while keeping anywhere near competition back in 2011. not to mention the fact that yes now it does appear "retro" but as a follow on to the old XJ this would of seemed like too much too soon.

The current XJ is Callums baby and you can tell he has great enthusiasm for this car, it looks amazing and sleek in person and people who own them do speak highly of them. Its the Jagaur Reputation / Brand that is holding back the XJ not the other way round. I cant say as fact, but feel Callum had more design input in the cabin of the XJ than any of the other cars, Whether that was a personal choice or direction given i have no idea. But when you look at the XF / XE / F-Pace / E Pace they all lack the needed pizzazz that you can find in Audi / Merc / Volvo and even BMW. the quality and design is "poor" even when compared to VW. The aesthetics ungainly and cheap.

I feel a great investment for Jaguar would be Lucid Motors, They have the I-Pace now and are going electric, If the Next XJ was the Lucid Air with a Jaguar front, they would dominate that market.

Back on subject, YES this next XE needs a whole new interior, I just cant see them doing that for a face-lift. but fingers crossed. (this is coming from an XE-S owner)
Old 07-30-2018, 11:29 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart22186 View Post
...As for the B99 - in all honesty i don't get the hype...The current XJ is Callums baby and you can tell he has great enthusiasm for this car...
The B99 took the classic essence of the XJ and moved it forward. It was the then current XJ that was the retro barge...Callum's XJ is a big, graceless, flabby look thing shaped like a low-rent Merkur Scorpio with a giant hole in the grille and ugly plastic bits pretending to be glass on the roof. If anything Callum has squandered the essence of Jaguar. The fact that people lavished praise on the B99 and derision on Callum's XJ at introduction stung him and he has not been able to admit his error.