There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 02:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default IAA 2011 - Aviva Concept MR

[
IAA 2011 - Aviva Debuts new Mid-engined Sports Concept

Frankfurt, Germany - Aviva has shown a new MR concept to go and do battle with the likes of the Mazda Miata and other small roadsters. The small roadster is a direct "call out" to Volkswagen; a company who showed a very similar idea with their "Bluesport" and "Concept R" ideas. Aviva has already made plans to put the Concept MR into production in as little as 18 months.

The Concept MR uses a new styling languages seen in a few official sketches; they call it "Muted Aggression". A slight evolution of "Edges Over Curves", "Muted Aggression" uses a front, blocky front fascia that Aviva likes to describe as "arrogant". The headlights are slim, and mean looking slits in the front fascia. The side surfacing is smoother and rounder than previous Aviva's, but the bulging fenders and upright greenhouse come across as quite aggressive.

Most notable about the Concept MR is it's platform. Using essentially a backwards version of the next generation DM - "Dynamic Multipurpose" platform (which will underpin the next Iza, Cosmos and Allegro) the platform in normal use promises to be 35% stiffer than the old one while still being cheaper and lighter than it's predecessor as well. The suspension is yet again, the DM platform cars backwards; McPherson (Chapman) struts at the rear as well as the front will make for nifty handling as well as providing lower costs and saving interior space. Power will come from a 2.0L direct-injected four-cylinder, but Aviva may offer a hybrid or possibly a diesel in that engine bay.

Look out for a production Concept MR coming to showrooms in around late 2012 early 2013.

---------------------

Sorry for the roughness. Gets the point across, but I've been really busy with real life or 3D modeling, so sketching has been something I haven't really had the time for, let alone making a quality render.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:17 AM
Blue crazy moderator

Wow! That certainly has potential to look really hot! Great work! :)
Just browsing? Join the conversation!

Keep up to date with the community rules

Join the official CarSpyShots Facebook Group
Old 10-06-2011, 06:17 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks! I really appreciate it.....
Old 10-07-2011, 03:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

....no other comments?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:43 AM

Well! The design has character. A look quite sporty. The front is what leaves me some doubts. It seems too high.
But in general, good work.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Administrator

I like it. Innovative platform use :) It has good proportions, and the slightly softer design language is a nice evolution of the old Aviva style. I think the front is great, it just needs a little bit of refinement. I'd really like to see a more polished version of this.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks! The platform use isn't that innovative....the MR2 is a backwards Corolla, and the X1/9 is a backwards FWD fiat.....

Thanks! I wanted to soften up the language.

@magellan - I do agree the front facia is a bit high, but thanks for the comments!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:38 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Sorry I haven't commented yet, 2o6. It looks good, I like the lower air dam in particular. I do hope you clean it up a bit so we can better appreciate the details though.