Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 02:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2013 Aviva Pekoe

[
Introducing Aviva's all new City Car - Aviva Pekoe!

Aviva takes A-segment by storm

December 30, 2011 - Aviva takes the A-segment city car class by storm, by offering great fuel economy, excellent driving dynamics, competitive pricing and attractive styling.

Aviva will dominate competitors such as the newly released VW UP! and will go head to head with tried and true cars such as the Montgomery Iota and the Renault Twingo.

Good packaging = Space for real people

The new Pekoe uses the latest variation of the "UI" platform, which stands for "utility intelligence". Aviva puts space savings ahead of all else, and it pays off in the interior room. Rear legroom bests all of the A-segment competitors, and some of the competitors in the B-segment, too. The rear quarters have plenty of room for two six-foot adults to ride in comfort. Front space is also very good; the free-standing minimally intrusive dashboard contribute to an airy feel as well as the large windows. Designed for the USA with Europe in mind, the cabin is very spacious for it's dimensions and does not have many practicality compromises that are usually associated in this class.

Driving dynamics - fun and confident

Pekoe achieves great driving dynamics by use of a traditional MacPherson strut front, twist-axle rear, suspension design setup that is not only minimally intrusive, but tuned to provide excellent grip and extremely confident freeway manners. One may find that the Pekoe feels like a much larger car on the freeway, lacking the skittish jitters common to many city cars. The electric power steering is calibrated to provide easy maneuvering in the city, but it firms up for stable travel at higher speeds.

Performance and Economy - Easy on the wallet

Pekoe will come with three engine choices

- 1.0L, direct-injected, 3-cylinder = 86HP
- 1.3L, direct injected, four-cylinder = 112HP (US only option)
- 1.2L Turbodiesel, 3-cylinder = 70HP

All three will be mated to either a six-speed manual or a CVT automatic. Expect ratings of 40MPG and above for all three engine choices

Pricing

Pricing ranges from 10K USD on upward, and models are as follows:

Exhibition

Impression

Fabri

Grace

And for select markets there is a fleet model

Spirit

(Exhibition model shown)

------------

Just a formal release thread. There are some normals issues up front, but I'm mostly happy with the design. Hope you like, chance to examine it without any other cars to distract you.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Interior

Old 12-31-2011, 02:59 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Nice work 2o6. It's got a good stance, and I like the drooping character line and the pert rear end. The front end is nice too; would the headlights be housed in a black cowling, a la Chevy Sonic?

I also like the trim level names. I've been thinking about changing Montgomery's trim levels from the usual S/SE/LX to something more interesting, but I've been using those for quite a while (it goes back to pre-Montgomery drawings from elementary school, actually) so I'm hesitant. (speaking of Montgomery, I'm working on a new version of the Iota, so it should be out soon alongside a production version of the Dot)

Only quibbles are that the interior looks a bit crude, and I'm not too fond of the lower-end hubcaps.

Digging the Aviva logo btw!

Last edited by SV; 12-31-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Here's a better pic of the interior

Old 12-31-2011, 03:59 AM
CSS Oldtimer

@ SV

Thanks so much! That logo took a long time to get right. Nothing I did seemed to look right. It's supposed to be a curvy road. Also, this is one of my older models, so that's why the interior is fairly crude and ill-modeled. Even the exterior is a bit lacking in comparison to my newer stuff. The front headlamps are actually hidden behind a dark pane of glass.

I prefer names rather than letters for model grades, but if you recall I used to have similar lettering for my model grades (CX, CXE, CXS) but I think names are far more attractive.

And the hubcaps were a hard decision to make. I have about 11-12 that I have modeled, and I was having trouble choosing ones that suited the "cheapness" and "cuteness" of the car. The "Spirit" model is actually the steel wheel model that is underneath all of the hubcaps.

Thanks for the comments!
Old 12-31-2011, 12:17 PM
TheSwageLine

Gosh. That's really cool. Better looking than anything I can think of in the city car class. The hubcaps add realism to the renders on lower-spec models, and the Grace model looks VERY classy - especially for a car of this size.

I think if you raised the ground clearance it would look more realistic, as I feel it sits too low to the ground at the moment.

Well done! You really have improved A LOT in an astonishingly small period of time.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:04 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Thanks! I really appreciate it.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:18 AM

I like the Pekoe!

BTW:
What's a good easy modeling software that I can start out with?

Last edited by chef211; 01-03-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Blender is what I use, it's indimidating, but it's free. Zanoza modeler also free, but is (IMO) very hard to use.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
Blender is what I use, it's indimidating, but it's free. Zanoza modeler also free, but is (IMO) very hard to use.
I downloaded it and how easy is it to use.