There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2008, 12:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via Yahoo to Cozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-arrow View Post
Its quite mixed up...The successor of the SLR will not be a McLaren but it will be designed by HWA(more reasonable since HWA has much experience in DTM cars)
But on the other hand, McLaren is building another supercar, powered by a Mercedes engine?!
It would be funny if HWA designed the next super car without the proper facility and tools. Not even a proper wind tunnel for such a project. For what I understand, yes they were to build it but not design it. I'm pretty sure McLaren has the upper hand in the design and test department.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:34 PM
CSS Veteran

Sorry for the long wait, but I have been traveling alot as of late!!! So here is the latest update in the supercar world.

Pagani, will make use of the SLR 722 McLaren's 5.5 supercharged engine that should be good for roughly 680 BHP in this lighter mid-engine chassis. The car will still produce 627 lb feet of torque. Also expect the body to be lower and more aerodynamic then the Zonda. The interior will be the usual mix of hand-stitched leather, aluminum and carbon fiber.Expect this car to feature active aerodynamics to create more down force.

McLaren is in the early shakedown of the P11 chassis, which will be a true mid-engine layout sportscar., The recnt news is very true about McLaren developing a even more extreme supercar the P12 off the same carbon fiber monocoque with aluminum crash/sub frames, to be powered bya race derived V-10! The recent news that I have heard puts McLaren working with Ilmor Engineering instead of Mahle/Cosworth to build and develop these Mercedes designed engines. This is very true, because roughly 3 years ago Mercedes had planned to build and develop a twin-turbo 4.5 liter V-10, with a 6.0 liter naturally aspirated version from AMG, but both of these engines were cancelled do to the F1 engine changing, and instead of being caught with these engines in there line-up like BMW, they were cancelled and instead the 6.2 liter AMG V-8 was accepted in it's place.

Mercedes-AMG SLC rumors suggest that it will carry the AMG developed 6.2 liter V-8 producing 570 BHP and 445lb feet of torque, are somewhat true, the engine can produce that much, but I have recently heard that Mercedes-AMG are working on another engine that will be in the AMG line-up by the time the SLC reaches production. There have been rumors that the Project C197 could be given the name of the SLR, since McLanre-Mercedes will be stoping production mid year, which will make it so that Mercedes will not have to re-register thr SLR nameplate for this model. The aluminum spaceframe that will be used on the C197 will be very light and rigid, weighting less then 800 lbs. he body panels for this car will be mostly carbon fiber, with the doors and roof made of aluminum, with the front wings, hood, trunk, and rear wings made of carbon fiber. The cockpit will feature a new direction for a sportscar built in this class, with the focus beign on the driver. Expect the car to feature carbon fiber seat frames.

Project 1221 MF1 is well into development, the recent delays on this hypercar have been mostly on engine development and packaging of these engines. There is currently a small chance that this car will feature a conventional cumbustion engine if the packaging of the gas turbine engines are done soon. The car designs have been finished for quit sometime now, and I will reeal to you all they are beautiful Italian shapes, so very emotional, and aerodynamic. If the gas turbine engines aren't finished soon, the engine of choice will be a high revving twin-turbo engine that will be deveoped in Italy, with a horsepower rating of 1200 BHP and 1024 lb feet of torque, and still reaching a topspeed of 270 MPH.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:26 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

The part with the Mercedes-AMG SLC (or SLR) disappoints regarding it looks to have a lesser power-plant from the 620 or so hp in the outgoing model. I hope it's not going down-market. But, you also had mentioned that you have heard that Mercedes-AMG are working on another engine that will be in the AMG line-up by the time the SLC/SLR reaches production, there may be some hope here. I just saw in Road & Track that the SLR successor will have a naturally aspirated engine, and a twin-turbo upgrade good for some 700hp!

What is Project 1221 MF1? I haven't heard of this one, and it sounds outrageous, with a possible gas-turbine! Could you provide more information on this, and possibly a rendering?

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 06-05-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:10 AM
CSS Veteran

I want to aplogize to everyone for the long hiatus form you all with all the latest supercar news, but I have been gathering more news on several new cars, that will soon be seeing the light of day!!!

Aston Martin has already let the world know of the Project 1-77, which will be a limited production supercar powered bya 7.0 liter V-12, producing 700 BHP. Most want to know if this engine will be related to the planned collaberation between Mercedes-AMG and Aston Martin, actually no, it 's not, this engine is a enlarged version of the current 6.0 liter V-12, that is using the technical hardware and experience by Prodrive racing team. The deal between Mercedes and Aston Martin, will see plenty of new models for both sides, with Aston eyeing the next generation AMG engines including twin-turbo 6.2 liter producing 750 BHP, and new twin-turbo 5.0 liter V-8 producing 700 BHP, and a new twin- turbo 4.5 liter V-8 producing 650 BHP. In return Mercedes would make use of Aston Martins, would have a partner to expand there ranges of Maybach, which would share the aluminum spaceframes that Aston are currently looking to develop, for there next generation of models, which will see Maybach expand to 4 models, namely a version of the Maybach Exelero to use the Vanquish successors platform, a Maybach 51 4 door coupe' based on the next generation Rapide, and as yet to e determined model, which I believe will be a 2+2 model based on the chassis developed for the DB series! All of this is under Project Alligator, ets just hope all of this comes true at this point!!!!

Bugatti; are in the early planning stages of 2 new sportscars. First there will bea 2 seat sportscar, powered by a twin-turbo 5.5 liter V-10 producing as much as 750 BHP, with power going through a 7 speed DSG transmission, with poer running through all 4 wheels. Expect the chassis to be aluminum spaceframe, that it will share with the next Lamborghini supercar. Expect also the body to largely carbon fiber with aluminum doors, and roof, the rest will be carbon fiber. As I have heard this projects Codename is Project Atlantic)! I can also reveal to everyone that this will be again a rear mid-engined sportscar. Also expect more versions of this model like the Pur Sang, Sang Noir, FBG par Hermes, Grand Sport, and a even more extreme version like that of the Pegaso with as much as 750 BHP! Also expect this new Atlantic to feature the large rivited style creases like the original Atlantic coupe's.

The second project is called Project Royale, which will be a 4 door sports coupe', this model will make use of a luminum spaceframe shared with the Bentley Arnage/Brooklanfds/ Azure, successors, and possibly powered by a new twin-turbo direct injection 5.5 liter V-10, producing as much as 700 BHP. The cockpit will feature a 2+2 seating arrangement, with the body made of carbon fiber, and aluminum, expect a car roughly the size of a Maybach 57. Yes, sorry to say, but Bugatti will not carry on with the quad-turbo 8.0 liter W-16, due to the it needs a transaxle to make that engine work ina front engine configuration, which is harder to come by right now. Also with the emissions regualtions coming in 2012, that engine wouldn't make it through those standards after that, so the new engine will be based on the same block as the Lamborghini 5.2 liter V-10, but enlarged to make plenty of power and torque.

Lamborghini, are in the early stages of developing it's successor to the Murcielago and Gallardo, both of these models will be unique this time around as the technology sharing between Lamborghini and Audi will be kept to simply the chassis this time around. The new rang topper at Lamborghini will again be powered by a V-12, but this time the engine will be based on the current Gallardo's V-10, with a displacement of 6.0 liters and producing as much as 700 BHP, expect the tried and true scissor doors that Lamborghinis as known for to return on this model also. This time around the focus is on aerodynamics( expect plent of Reventon styling), as well as power to weight ratio. This time arounf all the body panels accept the doors and roof to be made of carbon fiber, which much l like the Bugatti Atlantic, the roof and doors will be made of aluminum. The Gallardo's successor will be almost the same size as the current car, but expect it ti recieve the scissor doors this time around, with a new more powerful V-10, with a displacement of roughly 5.5 liter, producing as much as 600 BHP. Both cars will make use of a newly developed E-gear, as well as a new 4 wheel drive system.

Ferrari is hard at work on both of the next generation rear mid-engined sportscars, first of which will be the F430 successor which will be the first ina the next generation of Ferrari's to make use of a carbon fiber monocoque, mated to aluminum subframes frona dn rear, the new engine will be a twin-turbo direction injection 3.5 liter V-8, producing 550 BHP. Expect this car to recieve the new 7 speed DSG transmission. The second model is the Enzo successor codenamed FX70, which will be powered by either a twin-turbo 4.0 liter V-8 producing 700 BHP, or a twin-turbo 4.4 liter V-12 producing 750 BHP, eiter way both would be great powerplants, but I believe Ferrari should go with the V-12, to make this model different from the F430 successor!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:57 AM
CSS Oldtimer

It's about time that this thread saw some more action!!

There's some juicy info that you MCLAREN P_10!

From this standpoint - it appears that a partnership/cooperation (Project Alligator) will be uplifting and beneficial to both Mercedes-Benz and Aston Martin. This will also be a tremendous boone to Maybach, perhaps what may have been one of the sticking points of Project Alligator, to have a resource to push Maybach forward. Four Maybach models are likely the large 57 & 62 sedan/limo (which the next-generation will perhaps have Aston's help) along with the other three mention in the last posting. That Aston Project 1-77 is looking fantastic, but it's a pity that it's to be limitedly produces in small numbers, I understand.

The Bugatti's I have high-anticipation for, particularly a Royale-like sedan built off next-generation full-sized Bentley underpinnings. A 2-seat, rear mid-engined is expected, too, but I question the name Project Atlantic; I thought a large front-engined Atlantic-like coupe was to be build to compliment the Royal sedan... then again, the Royale sedan is said to be coupe-like like the CLR, Rapide, Panamera, upcoming BMW production CS, upcoming Audi A7, etc. It the Royale is coupe-like, maybe the Atlantic is taking the direction mentioned in MCLAREN's thread. Correct me if I'm wrong with any of this.

Other points, too - The SLC my AMG (it won't be labeled Mercedes Benz) is moving along beautifully, and McLaren will move forward with it's mid-engined ride!

Other supercars I'm following: the DiMora Motors Natalia SLS, an uber sedan in advanced planning, go to: http://www.dimoramotorcar.com/index2.html for more information. Also, another one mentioned - Project 1221 MF1 - a supposedly turbine powered sports car. Is there more on the Project 1221 MF1, is it still moving forward in development?

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 08-21-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM
CSS Veteran

McLaren 's new sportscars are well into development, the news is that these 2 models will share a carbon fiber monocoque passenger cell, as well as aluminum front and rear sub frames and crash structures. But what I have recently found out is that they will share 1 engine! With Mercedes- AMG backing out on engine supplies do to the fact that McLaren and the AMG SLC would have shared the 6.2 liter V-8, has cut off the supplies, so McLaren will have a English built race derived V-8 in 2 different stages of tune. The P11 will make use of a 5.5 liter V-8 with a revv count of around 8,000 RPM's, producing arounf 580 BHP, so expect performence figures to be close to a 3.6 second 0-60 MPH, and a topspeed of 205. The P12, which was rumored to carry a V-10, will instead carry a high revving version of the 5.5 liter V-8, producing as much as 675 BHP, with a revv count of 9,000+ RPM's, expect a 3.2-3.4 second 0-60, and a topseed of 230+ MPH.

Bugatti named there new rear mid-engined sportscar Project the Atlantic because it will be a creased down the fenders like the Atlantic coupe's. This cars name will again bare the EB, followed by the cylinder count and how many turbo's it will have, so I would guess EB 10.2 at this point, but this is only specualtion! BUgatti has a very good development rate, so I wouldn't rule out a new V-12 with 4 turbo's, based on Lamborghini's new V-12.

Koenigsegg are planning to reveal a 4 door 2+2 sportscar at the Geneva Autoshow in March. This cars body will be made od carbon fiber, with a carbon fiber monocoque, attached to a aluminum crash structure, and sub frame. The power out put will be 700 BHP, which is rumored to be coming from a Koenigsegg developed Flat 12, that they have been developing since the beginning of the CC8 program. Expect this car to preview a completely new design language, which I am to understand will take the next CC model to a new stage. The game plan is to replace the current Ford sourced engine by the Flat 12, to make Koenigsegg a completely in house supercar builder!!

Pagani is developing there C9 supercar, which I have heard will debut at the Geneva Autoshow, and powered by the SLR 722's supercharged 5.5 liter V-8 producing 680 BHP, which thanks to the new exaust system by Pagani will free the engine of roughly 30 BHP. The new Cima co- developed with Pagani sequetial transmission, also with a optional 6 speed manual.

Dowdeswell and Hardie, are currently developing the Falen, supercar. This car will be in a very limit production of just 4 cars, 2 in White and 2 in Black, powered by the 5.5 liter Judd Racing V-10, producing 800 BHP. This car will feature a full carbon fiber monocoque chassis, with aluminum sub frames,, with a target 2200 lbs. You can vist there website at www.dowdeswellhardie.com!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:03 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Some nice and juicy news, I hope it's all accurate!
I hope that Bugatti super-sedan materializes (they have the resources from Bentley within the VW corporate umbrella); I saw a couple of recent articles posted on this on other auto-related sites. I'm impressed with news of Koenigsegg unveiling a 4-door 2+2 coupe/sedan concept, I hope it reaches production (a couple of recent articles reported this as well) and the news of the flat 12 impresses, too! I didn't know about Dowdeswell and Hardie developing the Falen; though very limited, it adds more fuel to the fire!
Thank you, MCLAREN, for all your news, updates and information.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:47 PM
CSS Veteran

News out of Italy;

I have just heard news that Ferrari may not offer a offical cabriolet version of the F430 successor, instead with a carbon fiber monocoque will make room for a motorized targa top, which may be the trend for all future Ferrari production cars. The 599 GTB Fiorano, will recieve a Spider version coming very soon, but also expect anothe rlimited production Ferrari like the Superamerica. Ferrari is currently in the early development stages of there next limited production supercar the FX70, which as I have heard may carry the name Schumacher, and could be powered by a direct injection twin-turbo 4.4 liter V-12 revving to 9,000+ RPM's and should be capable of 700+ BHP, for a topspeed of 230 MPH. Also expect this car to get a unique version fo the new 7 speed DSG transmission driving the rear wheels. Expect this car to be very close to the 1000 kg, that Ferrari is targeting, if slightly over still will be a great performer. This news goes along with what you will read below about Maserati's next supercar.

Also Maserati has been paing alot of visits to the Ferrari factory, with Maserati planning a new supercar based on the next Ferrari supercar the FX70(Schumacher), this car, will probably make use of the rumored direct injection twin-turbo 4.0 liter V-8 producing close to 700 BHP, more then likely under, to keep a distance between Ferrari's FX70 and the so called Maserati Birdcage. This fits with the news that Maserati plans there entire range around V-8 powerplants with sequential and automatic gearboxes. This direct injection twin-turbo engine could find it's way into the next generation of Maserati's Granturismo, and Quattroporte, as well as the rumored baby of the range to be based on the Alfa Romeo 169 chassis, which will also see 2 body styles a 2+ coupe and cabriolet, and a saloon.

Lamborghini are hard at work on developing there next supercars to succeed the Murieclago, and Gallardo, both of these models will use the same aluminum spaceframe shared with the Bugatti' supercar, Audi R8 successor and the rumored R10. Again these models will make use of V-12 and V-10 powerplants, but this time around more emissions friendly, with displacemt of the newdirect injection V-12 at 6.0 liters producing close to 700 BHP, and a further development for the V-10 now slated to displace 5.5 liters and producing 575 BHP., also expect these models to recieve a better power to weight raito all together, thanks to the use of aluminum for the doors and roof structures, also expect the Gallardo successor to receieve Lamborghini scissor doors.

Pagani has been hard at work developing the C9, which will be powered by the SLR 722 editions supercharged 5.5 liter V-8 producing close to 700 BHP, thanks to Pagani's new Cima developed sequetial shift gearboxes, which will be a first for Pagani. Rumors still suggest that Pagani could very well recieve a entry-level sportscar to rival the F430 and Gallardo successors, powered by a new 4.5 liter AMG developed V-8, producing 525 BHP, in base form and could rise well above that is Pagani feels the need to add a twin-turbo to it.

News from England;

McLaren are hard at work on packaging there new supercars, especially now that they have Frank Stephenson as head of design. The P11 will have a english sourced V-8 possibly built by either Illmor Engineering, or Mahle/Cosworth, both have great histories building production engines, and this would be a huge slap in the face to Mercedes-AMG as they develop the SLC around the 6.2 liter AMG V-8 . The engine is rumored to displace 5.5 liters and will be high revving, with 8,000+ RPM's as well as offer up MDS( Multiple Displacement System) as well as direct injection, which will be good for close to 550 BHP, more then likely closer to 600 BHP. The P12 on the other hand was rumored to recieve a V-10, but this isn't true with Mercedes closing McLaren out on there help in developing these 2 cars McLaren will go it alone and there is only room and finances for 1 engine to be built by either Illmor Engineering or Mahle/Cosworth, and that engine will be the 5.5 liter V-8, so McLaren will go with a even higher revving V-8, say arounf 9,000+ RPM's, with horsepower reaching 700 BHP, thanks to direct injection, lower friction parts, and flat side crankshaft, MDS, and a new even more torquier transmission, which will be a seamless 7 speed F1 style , with KERS( Kinetic Energy Recovery System). With a weight target much like Ferrari's FX70 at 100kg, this car will be very evenly matched with the Ferrari on and off the F1 race tracks.

Aston Martin are currently developing there range and also designing and there next generation of models to include the V8 Vantage, the DB series models, a Vanquish successor, as well as the limited production 1-77 supercar. Project Alligator if all goes well will see Aston Matrin's models using technology from Mercedes-AMG, with both companies sharing chassis development cost. The 1-77 will be the most extreme Aston in history, with this model feature a 7.0 liter Prodrive- Aston Martin developed V-12 feature plenty of Prodrive racing technology in it, along with the carbon fiber monocoque, with aluminum body panels. If Project Alligator goes as planned Maybach could see a model development partner for at most 4 models, to price between $150,000-$400,000.

Bentley are curretly engineering there next genration of luxury cars as we speak. The next generation Arnage/Azure/Brooklands will carry a new aluminum spaceframe to help shed weight. The bodys of these new cars will be aluminum. Also expect these models to receieve a new emissions friendly powerplant, mated to a 7 speed DSG transmission, mounted on a transaxle. This aluminum spaceframe chassi will be shared with the Bugatti Royale 4 door coupe, so also expect Bentley to possible recieve a 4 door coupe model also. The new engine as I have hearfd it will be a twin-turbo direct injection V-8 with displacement claimed to be 6.75 liters and producing 500+ BHP, this engine is by no means related to the current 6.75 liter V-8 they use, it will be lighter weight, and the turbochargers will help keep power on tap. The new engine will have a aluminum block, with racing derived pistons, crankshaft and connecting rods, also a racing derived air intake. Bentley is also currently developing a new sportscar, which as I have heard will be named the Speed 8, which will take what Bentley learned at LeMans and translate it to the streets in it's most extreme form. The car will feature a aluminum spaceframe, with a rear mounted mid-engine layout( based on the Audi R10) and powered by a race bred twin-turbo 6.75 liter V-8, with direct injection, ( mostly all the technology that will go into the new 6.75 liter V-8 will be carried over, but made with more racing in mind, expect a horsepower rating of 650 BHP in base with a Black Label with close to 710 BHP. Expect this sportcar to carry plenty of design language from the Hunaudieres Supercar Concept mixed in with the Speed 8 racers. The Continental family of cars will also possible carry this new engine with at least 575 BHP, with a Speed version coming later with 630 BHP.

News from Germany;

BMW will not produce the M1 Hommage concept, due to the fact that the car will cost to much money to develop it alone, a rea mid-engine layout cost a huge amount of money to develop alone. If BMW was to get a partner to develop the mid-engine chassis then BMW would have gone ahead with the production model. INstead they are focusing on the GT/CS class of models that are on the way! Ths CS Concept will lead the way for a 4 door coupe and a cabriolet, and a planned 2 seat roadster to replace the Z8, and powered by a twin-turbo 5.5 liter V-10 with a power rating of 650 BHP.

Mercedes-AMG are currently working on a huge number of new models, namely SLC, a possible mid-engine sportscar that could use the Pagani C9 chassis, and powered by a twin-turbo 5.0 liter V-8 producing 700 BHP, this model would be developed by HWA just as the SLC and badged as AMG models. Looking down the line Mercedes are currently developing the Ocean Drive luxury 4 door cabriolet, which will be powered by a new Mercedes-AMG engine, possibly by a twin-turbo V-8 or a rumored Maybach twin-turbo V-10, displacing 5.0 liters and producing 600BHP. Mercedes is currently working on a next generation CLK DTM, SLK Black Series, and CLK Black Series, which is said to be powered by a 570 BHP 5.0 liter AMG developed V-8. There are also rumors of a super sportscar to follow know internally as the Black Series Hammer, which is said to be a true successor to the SLR McLaren, powered by a direct injection twin-turbo 6.0 liter V-8 producing as much as 800 BHP. This car would be made in very limited numbers, this car would be exclusivly built by HWA, with AMG developing the engine, and the chassis to be a carbon fiber monocoque, with carbon fiber body panels, this car would be a fron mid-engine layout, with a unique body.

Audi are planning a full range of sportscars which started with the R8, which will be followed by a R4, R6, and a R10, the R4 would share it's chassis, but powered by a turbo charged 2.6 liter in-line 4 producing 300BHP with the Volkswagen Elise fighter. The R6 is rumored to share it's chassis with the Porsche Cayman/ Boxster, and powered by a twin-turbo R36 engine producing 400 BHP, and the R10 being powered by a twin-turbo version fo the Audi 5.2 liter V-10 producing 600 BHP, with it's chassis being losely based on the next generation R8, but stretched to accomadate the heat making engine.

News from France;

Bugatti, are in the early planning stages of 2 new sportscars. First there will bea 2 seat sportscar, powered by a twin-turbo 5.5 liter V-10 producing as much as 750 BHP, with power going through a 7 speed DSG transmission, with poer running through all 4 wheels. Expect the chassis to be aluminum spaceframe, that it will share with the next Lamborghini supercar. Expect also the body to largely carbon fiber with aluminum doors, and roof, the rest will be carbon fiber. As I have heard this projects Codename is Project Atlantic)! I can also reveal to everyone that this will be again a rear mid-engined sportscar. Also expect more versions of this model like the Pur Sang, Sang Noir, FBG par Hermes, Grand Sport, and a even more extreme version like that of the Pegaso with as much as 750 BHP! Also expect this new Atlantic to feature the large rivited style creases like the original Atlantic coupe's

Renualt are currenty planning to revive the Alpine line-up, with the model line-up to include a true sportcar to be sold around the world. These new sportscars would make use of some exsisting Nissan chassis, such as the GT-R, and be powered by Inifinity based V-8's rated at 500 BHP, with a mid-engine layout to top the range with a twin-turbo version of the Infinity based V-8, rated at roughly 600-650 BHP, with a body made of carbon fiber, and some aluminum. Expect this model to be develop by Renualt's F1 team completely, only to make sure that performence is kept in mind first. Look for this car to carry a sequetial shift 7 speed gearbox, as well as rear wheel drive.

News from Japan;

Toyota/Lexus is hard at work on developing the Lexus LF-A, which will be a F1 technology sourced supercar. The LF-A will be powered by a 5.5 liter V-10, producing 550 BHP, also expect a roadster version along with the coupe. This model will arrive to challenge the Acura NSX successor. This model will also spawn a Toyota Supra successor, with the same powerplant and running gear.

Honda/Acura powered by a 5.0 liter V-10 producing 450-500 BHP, in a front mid-engine layout, and featuring a 2 seating arrangement, meaning there will be a small shelve behind the 2 front seats. This model could also spawn a new sports car for Honda, as well as a new 4 door saloon, witha V-8 and the V-10.

Nissan's GT-R will receieve a power increase in the coming year, which will raise it with the Nimso R Spec model to 530 BHP. This chassi will also see new life ina the Infinity line-up as a bases for the new Q45 successor, meaning look for a rear wheel drive line in the coming years for Nissan and Infinity!!!

News from North America;

General Motors are currently looking to meet the new emissions regulations, while trying to save the Corvette. The rumors of a rear mid-engine Corvcette are false, the C7 will be the first of a mid-engine Corvette alright, FRONT Mid-engine and powered by a rumored 5.0 liter supercharged V-8 or a new turbocharged 4.9 liter V-8, either way look for some real performence form a Corvette that will be lighter then the current car, as well as more compat thanks to smaller components!!!

Dodge will discontinue the Viper after 2012, if they can't come up with a suitable successor, but as I have heard it will be a HEMI V-10 displacing 6.0 liters that will see production move ahead for a new Viper, but this new sportscar will have a aluminum chassis, if all goes as planned a new Viper could come on line and help make some money!!!

Saleen are currently working on the production version for the S5S Raptor, whcih as I have hear it will use the 5.0 liter supercharged engine producing 650 BHP, and mated to a manual and sequetial shift 6 speed transmission!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
News from North America;
General Motors are currently looking to meet the new emissions regulations, while trying to save the Corvette. The rumors of a rear mid-engine Corvcette are false, the C7 will be the first of a mid-engine Corvette alright, FRONT Mid-engine and powered by a rumored 5.0 liter supercharged V-8 or a new turbocharged 4.9 liter V-8, either way look for some real performence form a Corvette that will be lighter then the current car, as well as more compat thanks to smaller components!!!
Save the Corvette? LOL! The Corvette is hardly in jeopardy. As is it gets great RWMPG for a sportscar. Look for some real performance??? Like it doesn't have real performance now?:lol:

Long story short, the next Corvette will get some weight reduction, some engine size reduction, and probably an automatic option with more cogs.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:21 PM
CSS Veteran

I was not saying it as if it doesn't have performence right now, I was saying it in translation to the smaller engine capacity, in terms of horsepower and 0-60 sprint, as well as topspeed!! The Corvette is a American Icon no one can take that from it, EVER!!!!! BUt with a smaller engine some would say that it may as well be a Pontiac Solstice with a few more cylinders, but that won't make it a TRUE CORVETTE unless the legacy of the Corvette is included in every aspect of the new car. Actually the Corvette was never in jeopardy, but with emissions regualtions getting tighter how can many sportscar survive. Which is why GM are working on that solution as we speak, with a lighter body for better power to weight ratio, and a smaller, yet powerful engine for the whole range of Corvettes! There will be no V-6 Corvette!!! Thank You LORD!!!

I went around the world giving updates on car companies and left out a few,, but I will give news on my next post for all to read!!!