Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2009, 06:03 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
But if not mistaken the whole "Fiat" thing is more due to the large amount of Italian journalists taking part and as many of us know, the Italians always vote their own produce and think theirs are better mostly due to the design factor...at least in the car industry. Am i mistaken?
You're not mistaken... that's why. They should still take everything into account equally, though.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:20 AM
OzIndo Member

Well, no suprise about this sadly.

Im an Australian, but have been living out of Australia for 12 years, but keep watching the Aussie car market.

I have never seen an FG or a VE, but in looking at net pics, and reading Wheels, yes, I sometimes buy it, the FG certainly has taken a huge leap for a humble Falcon. So did the BA and Wheels realised it then. A lot of other mags, associations could see that, why not Wheels. What Wheels originally said when the FG was released, has suddenly been turned around 180 degrees. Does that mean I should burn all the mags that have comparos with the FG as they seem to have changed their minds?

When the VE won COTY i agreed with their choice. Here was a car that was comparable to Mercs and BM's costing double or more. The Falcon can do that. Can the Accord? I think the Accord Euro is a fine car, but it just doesnt have the extra to be compared with cars double its price. So, in my mind that makes the FG special, and not to even get into the final 4 is astounding.

My mother has bought new BMW's exclusively for the past 35 years, starting in 1973 with a 3.0si. Over the time she has had 7, 5, 8, 3 series and when the FG was released, she thought she would be patriotic and buy Australian. She bought a G6E. She loved it, and came out of an 18month old 530i. After 6 months in the G6E, she traded it on a G6ET. She loves that even more. My mother is no fool, and not a badge snob. My father who has a new 7 series on order wishes Ford still did a LWB LTD as he would take one, cos he is impressed with mums G6ET.

I have lurked here for many years, and this is my first post. This is the first time that I really had to say something....

All the best to all the CSS'ers
Old 01-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Ford Verve Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
How do bribes and hippies mix?
LMAO! Well Wheels seems to have been smoking some grass, so i figured they were hippies? haha:thumbsup:

You're spot on 08-G6E. The FG G6 and G6E Turbo are world class, just so it the rest of the range really for what it costs. I'd happily have one over a Beemer, and many would agree.