There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2015, 03:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11503259...-from-top-gear

So Clarkson's contract will not be renewed, this probably means the end of TG on BBC as we know it. Perhaps it will move onto another network but I do not believe the TG name will go along with the trio. Hamster and captain slow also have their contracts up for renewal and I doubt they will do the show without clarkson.
It died once before and came back.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:04 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11503259...-from-top-gear

So Clarkson's contract will not be renewed, this probably means the end of TG on BBC as we know it. Perhaps it will move onto another network but I do not believe the TG name will go along with the trio. Hamster and captain slow also have their contracts up for renewal and I doubt they will do the show without clarkson.
Hamster and Captain Slow could also bargain pay increases because TG is big money to the BBC. The BBC could reach out to someone like Jay Leno for the 3rd chair or even to a car nut like Simon Cowell. They could "Dr. Who" it and call up Matt Smith who is quite cheeky and would broaden their demographic.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I'd be surprised if Hammond and May stayed on. Maybe the BBC should just start again with all new talent - perhaps a complete re-set may be a good thing for TG in the long-term?
Old 03-27-2015, 12:51 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
I'd be surprised if Hammond and May stayed on. Maybe the BBC should just start again with all new talent - perhaps a complete re-set may be a good thing for TG in the long-term?
Lewis Hamilton could make a great part of a trio...assuming he has an "off" season.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Lewis Hamilton could make a great part of a trio...assuming he has an "off" season.
Replacing Clarkson is a big problem as TG readily acknowledges. After all, and as you have correctly posted previously, Clarkson is "the show". The other problems I see are that the chemistry between Clarkson and May and Hammond (if the latter two even stay, which is not looking likely) will be difficult to replicate, and TG has become a little too stale, and too obviously scripted and staged. Where previously in earlier series, TG was a must-see program, now it is not. Upon further reflection, IMO, it would probably be best if they parked it.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Try and catch fifth gear. Another Brit car show that's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plusAJLPL5s
Old 03-27-2015, 11:44 PM
Raconteur

Tiff Needell (?) is a huge turn off for me. I find him grating beyond belief. To each his own most decidedly on that one.

Top Gear can go on with a clean slate of hosts PROVIDED THAT they have chemistry. If Hammond and May quit, then the BBC should definitely try a retooling. If Hammond and May stay, finding a host that is dramatically younger would be a good move in my opinion.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

All is not well in Top Gear world it seems:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...e201a8eab960e2
Old 01-14-2016, 01:53 AM
Raconteur

There are numerous reports that TG is in the crapper. Their hosts bring no spice to the table. The BBC should bribe Amazon and bring Clarkson, Hammond, and May home.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:40 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
There are numerous reports that TG is in the crapper. Their hosts bring no spice to the table. The BBC should bribe Amazon and bring Clarkson, Hammond, and May home.
No surprises its flailing given the replacement hosts they chose. Sacking Clarkson has proven to be a big mistake.