FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2015, 02:49 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2016 Honda Civic

Slam dunk. Home run. It doesn't get much better than this:

2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring

Source: Honda Image Library

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t_look_review/

Two new powertrains, including first Honda turbo engine in U.S.
Available Honda Sensing™ technologies
Compatible with Apple CarPlayŽ, the smarter, simpler way to use your iPhone in the car
Also supports Android Auto™
New styling includes significant use of LED lighting
New platform and package yields largest cabin in compact class
Old 09-17-2015, 03:56 AM
The Lurker

Great way to reclaim the segment while also moving it forward. Excellent design both inside and out. Engine lineup looks strong, and they're keeping the manual. Guess we just need to wait and see how it drives, but they sure are hyping it up with PR buzz words.

One continued Honda interior complaint: PUT BACK THE DAMN VOLUME KNOB.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

it's still wierd to me that it looks like a hatchback (like a A5 sportback a bit), but it has a regular trunk. Yes I know there will be a hacthback Civic as well, but probably that will be smaller as it has to sell in Europe as well. Anyway, this is a good looking vehicle in total, despite one or two design details that could still improve....
Old 09-17-2015, 07:31 AM

This looks amazing!!! This is for sure the best looking car in the segment. Only gripe is no volume knob.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

MASSIVE improvement over what they currently have; great design - but not perfect.
- Chrome nose seems to point down?
- Wheels...uh, are those actually hub caps? Now, some nice, tasteful pimped out wheels - that'd be awesome
- no volume control...really Honda?! EVERY manufacture (ex Tesla) seems to get that people don't prefer touch screens for this stuff.

Some of the interior plastic looks a bit cheap - however that could just be the pic's....all reviews seem to say the materials are top notch.

Interesting world. Honda seems to be back w/ it's Civic design. Chev Cruze seems to be a slam dunk. Hyundai is nice - but watered down IMO.

For fun - my current rankings of compact / smaller cars based exclusively on looks:
- Mazda 3
- Chev Cruze
- Honda Civic
- Ford Focus (albiet - this is getting old IMO)
- New Elantra
- Forte
- The Donald's hair
- Corolla.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Agree with everyone else's assessments. Some detailing is a little off IMO, but as an overall package this looks amazing, especially compared to its predecessor.

But, Honda, how disconnected must you be from the public when you insist on retaining that ridiculous volume control instead of a knob!? (The control on the steering wheel looks a little odd, too.) Perhaps the Honda execs have been driving around in their recent models with the radio blasting and they couldn't figure out how to turn it down, hence the reason they can't hear the rest of us.

Three lingering questions:

1. Crash, why do you think those wheels are hubcaps? I don't get that impression at all.

2. I get that they were going for a bit of a floating screen effect, but why couldn't they just make it flush. Looks a little too fussy:

3. Why couldn't they leave all climate control separate from the touchscreen? Seems as though changing the mode, fan speed, even AC(?) has to be done through the screen.

Pics source: http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/201...l-new-and.html
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/16/2...#slide-3626472

Last edited by pjl35; 09-17-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Raconteur

The "Acura" beak looks worse in these pictures than in the first image. It has good overall proportions but the detailing is odd.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:22 PM
CSS Veteran

Agree with everyone else here--generally terrific, with some fussy detailing, mostly on the interior.

pjl35, I think Crash was talking about the hubcaps on the red car, which is an LX trim (versus the EX-L shown elsewhere).

One other complaint about the inside--I don't like the big dummy buttons on the right side of shifter.

Big question is how this car will drive. The current CVT still has that elastic feeling when you punch the throttle; I wonder if this will be any better. I really wish the Japanese would just give up on CVTs and make a good DCT.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post

pjl35, I think Crash was talking about the hubcaps on the red car, which is an LX trim (versus the EX-L shown elsewhere).
oh! my bad, i didn't even think to look through the MT link.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:13 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
Agree with everyone else here--generally terrific, with some fussy detailing, mostly on the interior.

One other complaint about the inside--I don't like the big dummy buttons on the right side of shifter.

Big question is how this car will drive. The current CVT still has that elastic feeling when you punch the throttle; I wonder if this will be any better. I really wish the Japanese would just give up on CVTs and make a good DCT.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...view/photos/#9

Correct :)