There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2016, 01:07 AM
Raconteur

Yeah Boyeeeeee
Old 08-16-2016, 07:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Whilst the "slightly ricer" look is okay for a 180hp manual, I sincerely hope the mass of 120hp 1.6 Diesels in Europe with will get a slightly less "striking" detailing on the bumpers.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:33 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Whilst the "slightly ricer" look is okay for a 180hp manual, I sincerely hope the mass of 120hp 1.6 Diesels in Europe with will get a slightly less "striking" detailing on the bumpers.
It screams 'inevitable facelift to fix issues'. Also by the time this is out, especially in Europe, the likes of the Mk4 Ford Focus will probably be shown making it harder for Honda to make a good push...not that it would have achieved great sales anyway, this just won't appeal to most tastes there and Honda is also more expensive than equivalent European and Korean competitors. Kudos to Honda though, for keeping it very Japanese and not following the current Teutonic/Euro influenced cars coming out of every other continent. If the Civic Hatch appeals to Japanese/Korean/Chinese tastes it could be a big seller globally.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 09-08-2016, 03:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Honda is showing a new picture for the european model. I am not sure what is Honda playing at with this release. Messy PR work, if you ask me. It's not even clear to me if this car is already official or just not yet. By the time it goes on sale it could well be ready for its facelift.

http://www.km77.com/01/honda/civic/2...-326991-p.html
Old 09-29-2016, 12:56 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
FYI, if you search on AutoTrader or other sites, you'll see dealers have now posted photos of lesser trims in inventory. Turns out all Civic hatchbacks get the garish boy racer bumpers with the fake vents front and rear and gigantic blacked-out front wing; the sole difference between Sport and non-Sport trims is the former gets the center-mounted dual exhaust.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:07 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
FYI, if you search on AutoTrader or other sites, you'll see dealers have now posted photos of lesser trims in inventory. Turns out all Civic hatchbacks get the garish boy racer bumpers with the fake vents front and rear and gigantic blacked-out front wing; the sole difference between Sport and non-Sport trims is the former gets the center-mounted dual exhaust.
So not good news for people with taste then...

Anyway, here is the Euro spec sedan:

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/09/eur...-sedan-is.html

Looks pretty much like the US model, except obviously different lights for different regulations over here. So cleaner than the hatchback. Expect engine lineup to be suited to EU tastes as well...

Interestingly, it will be built in Honda's Turkish factory, despite rather limited sales of 4 door sedans in Europe we are getting an "own" production, and not evne hwere the hatchback is built (in Swindon). Wonder if these are already preperations for a "Civic Brexit"...
Old 09-30-2016, 03:09 AM

Type R Prototype
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...und-model.html
Old 03-07-2017, 01:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/hon...-weve-all.html

Engine is the familiar 316 hp 2.0 from the still rather new current Type R, as well as the 6 speed manual, with a rev matching feature though.

Th exterior, as expected and discussed before, is not exactly sedate. I'm not sure it has enough ventilation openings and wings , though