Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2016, 09:11 PM
CSS Veteran

Wow a lot of the details from the concept car managed to make it to production form. Awesome :)
Old 01-11-2016, 10:03 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Probably the most concept car like car currently available, together with the BMW i series models. Great proportions, and here, really all of the futuristic details make sense. And still, no one has a doubt it's a Lexus....
Old 01-11-2016, 10:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Very futuristic looking, but no doubt will be too polarising (such as the headlights, grille, taillights and C-pillar treatment) for many. A shame as the general basis of the design (shape and proportions) is quite nice.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Will say, stand out for the show this year for me, Lexus has a design winner here. I'm for more and more concepts to come to production looking exactly the same as their concept, and not what lincoln pulled with their continental.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:34 PM
CSS Veteran

Finally, Lexus' design language works!
Old 01-12-2016, 01:17 AM
Raconteur

The Germans don't have the cojones to do anything this captivating. This is gorgeous.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
And still, no one has a doubt it's a Lexus....
Which means it'll have rock-solid reliabilty and high resale value. Not necessarily bad things. I think Lexus has done enough work to dispel the "must-be-boring-to-drive" image, but there's a big gap btw that and "I gotta have it." I think pricing will be important. Design wise, I love the Jaguar XF, but, if the SC is the same price, I'd rather go w/ the Lexus.

If the price comes anywhere near the Mercedes S-Class coupe and Bentley, that could be a problem for Lexus....
Old 01-12-2016, 04:03 AM
CSS Oldtimer

What is this going to cost? I have no idea.

It's a stunning concept car for the street but if it ends up being $150K does that even matter. If they could sell it at $75K that would be very impressive.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:57 AM
The Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caarmike View Post
What is this going to cost? I have no idea.

It's a stunning concept car for the street but if it ends up being $150K does that even matter. If they could sell it at $75K that would be very impressive.
Reports say just under $100k. That's very in line with the competition. That's $20k less than the S Class coupe which I think will be the direct rival. It has the exterior styling of something $200k+ so half that seems to be a bargain.

I'm still shocked Lexus was able to preserve the concept so well. It's on the level of the i8 in terms of futuristic. And it's not a hyper car so I presume it'll be more common. This is the way to do a halo car. It's attainable and sexy and clearly a Lexus. Home run and best of Detroit for sure.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:24 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Which means it'll have rock-solid reliabilty and high resale value. Not necessarily bad things. I think Lexus has done enough work to dispel the "must-be-boring-to-drive" image, but there's a big gap btw that and "I gotta have it." I think pricing will be important. Design wise, I love the Jaguar XF, but, if the SC is the same price, I'd rather go w/ the Lexus.

If the price comes anywhere near the Mercedes S-Class coupe and Bentley, that could be a problem for Lexus....
Actually I meant that although different and futuristic looking, it is still recognizable as a Lexus. No need for the German (and, to a certain extent, Jag) same but different but same "spot the minimal differences" game. Of course, the solidity of Lexus too. I personally quite like Lexus for most of their cars...