Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2016, 10:47 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Jaguar I-Pace Crossover Concept

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/11/new...crossover.html

Concpet car, previewing the electric only Tesla 3 fighter. And, it is saidf that it will go on sale with not too many modifications in 2018.

Production version should have a 500km range, though I guess that depends on the cycle used for measuring. Still, unlike many other big companies, this looks like a nearly ready and credible offering. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:22 PM

WOW! THAT IS STUPENDOUS!

Mercedes better get back to the drawing board with their EQ, BMW with their X3 e-Drive and their i5, Tesla better bring a mind-blowing Model Y fast, because the Model 3 doesn't match this IMO. If Jaguar (that I am not a big fan of) brings this to market before all others (including Volvo), that is a huge an pleasant surprise. I was thinking of getting a Bolt (as who knows when the Model 3 comes to Europe), but if the I-Pace is not far away, I know what I would choose.

I expect many unconventional yet good looking cars in the near future, now that BEV tech is taking over.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

This is incredibly good. Outstanding design, and it doesn't even need weird character lines folding the sheetmetal in the most unexpected position. Who would have told?.

The only real problem i have with the concept are those humongous 23"ers. They are an overkill feature, which does zero sense in real life and don't look that good either. Of course the serial will come with 17" or 18" standard and probably up to 21" or so optional. Fine with me as long as Callum adapts the wheelarch and heigth accordingly so they don't look too tiny.

Last edited by Reppu; 11-15-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
This is incredibly good. Outstanding design, and it doesn't even need weird character lines folding the sheetmetal in the most unexpected position. Who would have told.

The only real problem i have with the concept are those humongous 23"ers. They are an overkill feature, which does zero sense in real life and don't look that good either. Of course the serial will come with 17" or 18" standard and probably up to 21" or so optional. Fine with me as long as Callum adapts the wheelarch and heigth accordingly so they don't look too tiny.
I think those huge but comparably narrow wheels are more of an EV thing, given the BMWi3 also has rather unusual looking wheels. They do have engineering advantages though, and the momentum to move a larger wheel in acceleration is kind of offset by the instant torque of the elctric motor I guess.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Absolutely beautiful.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I think those huge but comparably narrow wheels are more of an EV thing, given the BMWi3 also has rather unusual looking wheels. They do have engineering advantages though, and the momentum to move a larger wheel in acceleration is kind of offset by the instant torque of the elctric motor I guess.
Could be. The new Scenic goes the same route as well...honestly i wouldn't like this to become a trend. They are so big they actually look ridiculous.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:50 PM
CSS Oldtimer

awesome. now call it the E-Pace and be the first full line brand to have an all electric car as part of its main lineup instead of a redundant offering to a similarly sized gasoline car.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:45 PM

Agree that I don't like the big wheels. I also read somewhere that the engineers apparently didn't take full advantage of the lack of an ICE to give the car a tight turning radius. I'm getting tired of designers having their way w/ wheels.

Having said that, I think this is a knock out and exactly what Jaguar needs. Futuristic, sexy, and also somewhat practical. I also hope the interior isn't watered down too much b/c I think it looks terrific.

Not sure what to think about Jaguar developing its own batteries, though....
Old 11-15-2016, 06:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

This is the four wheel equivalent of a supermodel.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:21 PM
Administrator

I am assuming this is what the modified F-pace with the lower ride height was testing, the new J pace.