CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-18-2017, 11:25 AM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,968
Default

Negotiating with Trump will be like navigating a minefield I predict. For a start, he's completely unpredictable and a loose cannon. And do we have much evidence of his great negotiating skills? Dishing out threats and having dummy-spits will only get him so far (which is not very).
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,896
Default

While I don't like The Donald as an individual, and there is ample evidence on his lack of business acumen, - I will give him a chance, and acknowledge that SOME of the things he's doing is clever.

He isn't going to lay new tariffs down - he's putting the THREAT out there. Kick the tires / shake the tree - see what falls.

This said, once he's POTUS - can someone PLEASE take his Twitter account away??
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2017, 02:30 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 23,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
...

This said, once he's POTUS - can someone PLEASE take his Twitter account away??
What you don't understand is that his Twitter account is very much a tool. He takes issues straight to the people to get them riled up which puts pressure on his target. Do I think a President should do that? No, but it works. I'm much happier with Trump winning because I truly feared Hitlery.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Crash Crash is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
What you don't understand is that his Twitter account is very much a tool. He takes issues straight to the people to get them riled up which puts pressure on his target. Do I think a President should do that? No, but it works. I'm much happier with Trump winning because I truly feared Hitlery.
Oh - I get it. However, his Tweets are not at all Presidential. He can be effective via Twitter; however he can do it with a bit more tact. Additionally - he needs to grow a thicker skin - Tweeting about (VERY funny SNL parodies of him or Streep / etc) just comes across as childish. EVERY president is poked fun of - that's part of the gig - he needs to grow up in that regard.

As for Hillary - she'd have been fine as POTUS. I get why people dislike her and why people like her. It's politics; GOP won this one - they have all three houses, so in 4 years they either have a lot to answer for or celebrate.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-19-2017, 12:57 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 23,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Oh - I get it. However, his Tweets are not at all Presidential...
And that's precisely why he got traction. He's promising NOT to do business as usual and his tweets definitely show this is not your usual type of President. He knows what he's doing and that's the sick irony of it all.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-19-2017, 03:07 AM
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I will give him a chance, and acknowledge that SOME of the things he's doing is clever.

He isn't going to lay new tariffs down - he's putting the THREAT out there. Kick the tires / shake the tree - see what falls.
We will see. Despite his rhetoric Trump has surrounded himself with the swamp monsters of the elite and they won't benefit much from trade war-induced recessions. Trump is not the genius he is made out to be by some (fools). Reichsminister Bannon at least seems to know how to manipulate him; perhaps the rest of the Goldman Sachs cabinet will learn from him and stop Trump from doing anything too foolish economically lest he leave the working and middle classes too destitute to fleece.

Last edited by SV; 01-19-2017 at 03:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-19-2017, 09:37 AM
Levi Levi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
And that's precisely why he got traction. He's promising NOT to do business as usual and his tweets definitely show this is not your usual type of President. He knows what he's doing and that's the sick irony of it all.

Too many propaganda brainwashed Americans and Western Europeans. They just don't understand what all this is about and are closed minded. To explain what is going on requires more than usual mainstream arguments, it is needed to get the source of the issues. But the issues are too unbelievable, despite the evidence. For a fool even proof is not enough.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-19-2017, 07:35 PM
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Too many propaganda brainwashed Americans and Western Europeans. They just don't understand what all this is about and are closed minded. To explain what is going on requires more than usual mainstream arguments, it is needed to get the source of the issues. But the issues are too unbelievable, despite the evidence. For a fool even proof is not enough.
I'm curious. Care to elaborate?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-19-2017, 11:29 PM
Ascariss's Avatar
Ascariss Ascariss is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Gdansk, Poland
Posts: 5,454
Default

One things for sure, after his 4 years, the rich will be even richer, and the poor will be even poorer, while the middle won't budge.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-20-2017, 01:50 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 23,900
Default

I suppose that's progress given the under Obama the middle class was being decimated.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:47 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy