There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2017, 11:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/02/all...oss-looks.html

https://www.netcarshow.com/mitsubish...eclipse_cross/

After many teasers the real thing, for starters 2 engine choices available, a new 1.5 direct-injected turbocharged petrol engine with a CVT and the familiar 2.2 Diesel with a new 8 speed auto box.

Inside the new infotainemnt system incorporates apple CarPlayas well as Android Auto, and uses a very Lexus like looking touch pad in the center console instead of a touch screen (at least no word, thouch capacitive buttons around the screen make me think it is touch anyway...)

The looks, well certainly stand out, but probably not for the right reasons for everyone. More details soon
Old 02-28-2017, 11:33 AM
CSS Oldtimer

One of the better Mitsubishi interiors, but the exterior looks awkward and ungainly.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Raconteur

A total rape of the Eclipse name. As a crossover this is proportioned like an Aztek and styled nearly as ugly. The interior screams low-rent plastic.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Sadly, that front end could've been the start of a decent looking crossover. Too bad everything starting at the A pillar is garbage.

Interior is fine, nothing special. I will forever hate the asymmetry of Mitsu's steering wheel controls.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:40 PM

I'm surprised to find it very attractive. I think it's bold and has interesting details. Maybe it's because the rest of their offerings are so abysmal.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:11 PM
CSS Veteran

Well, the shifter is handsome enough.

But everything else about it is flaming garbage.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:37 PM
CSS Oldtimer

how could anyone let an interior designer use the most visible real estate for seat belt and airbag lights that become irrelevant about 2 seconds after the car is turned on. the rest of the world figured out how to have a chime and message center provide the same information.... really terrible ergonomics throughout the interior. exterior is Aztec meets Prius meets Civic.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
how could anyone let an interior designer use the most visible real estate for seat belt and airbag lights that become irrelevant about 2 seconds after the car is turned on. the rest of the world figured out how to have a chime and message center provide the same information.... really terrible ergonomics throughout the interior. exterior is Aztec meets Prius meets Civic.
Seriously. I also don't understand why the center vents, and the center vents alone, need to jut out so severely, only to have the HVAC controls so far recessed in comparison:

Old 02-28-2017, 10:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Seriously. I also don't understand why the center vents, and the center vents alone, need to jut out so severely, only to have the HVAC controls so far recessed in comparison:
so you can easily reach the seatbelt and airbag lights and not press them...
Old 03-01-2017, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
How can see the HVAC controls w/ all the metallic trim blinding you? Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen that much metallic trim in a car. If it were real, that'd be kind of cool. But, it's not (x 2). A most unfortunate way to foul up an otherwise nice interior. The seats actually look very good.

Does this have at least a new platform? I imagine not.