Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2017, 03:21 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The greenhouse just reminds me too much of the Malibu, which isnt necessarily bad since VW is the GM of Germany.

Otherwise its a yawn.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:41 AM
CSS Veteran

Wow fantastic:)

Old 03-07-2017, 05:50 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
I haven't seen anything about the Stinger's predicted MSRP, so hard to say where that fits into the mix. I do hope that Kia provides a different dealership/ownership experience for those who bought a Stinger versus, say, a Forte. If the Kia can base at ~$35,000-40,000, then I would rather have that then just about any other car in the "lower" mid-sized luxury segment.
Rumors I'm seeing suggest Stinger and Arteon pricing will be almost identical--starting at somewhere under $40K, and going to somewhere just under $50K loaded.

Of course, the base engine in the Arteon is the 188 hp TSI, while the base in the Stinger is the new 255-hp 2.0-L turbo also going into the Sonata and Elantra N. Top engine in the Arteon is 276 hp turbo; Stinger is the 365-hp TT V6. Even if the Stinger is heavier than the Arteon, it will still be faster--and almost certainly more fun to drive.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:19 AM

Can somebody please Photoshop out the monobrow grill spoiler or at least make it black. It would improve the front end by approximately 1,000,034%
Old 03-07-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
Looks better in real-life pictures, I will say.
I agree. The concept looked a lot better in the flesh than on the press pics as well.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
The red colour looks great, I feel bold colours would work better than the usual drab boring colour selection that some VWs have had in the past.
Absoultely, this design needs colors. The exterior is a huge step from the usual "boxier but same" designs by VW lately, as there actual shapes. I hope that is an indication of the future direction (and nit the dreary Atlas).

It's a bit of a pitty that whilst a Tigaun/Sportsvan/Touran all have stand alone cockpits, despite being similar sized and priced, the Arteon has to live with a 100% Passat interior, which is way less exciting than the exterior. A slightly less straight edged shape mirroring teh exterior with say a stitched upper part would have worked wonders, and would probably fit better in the segment they plan to sell this.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
and almost certainly more fun to drive.
And probably more reliable! That's the kicker (for me, at least). I think Teutonic handling is getting progressively more blunted, while everybody is improving. And comparing FWD/AWD to RWD, well.... I don't think the Arteon will have a nicer interior, either. The VW chassis might be more solid-feeling, but I imagine Kia's been working hard on that, as well.

I think swizzle was right that this would make a great Passat replacement....
Old 04-12-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
This would be brilliant as a replacement for the American Passat rather than a VW with Audi A4 pricing.
I really wonder where this leaves the US Passat, they are pretty much identical in size.
They should build the next US Passat on the same structure, just as a real sedan (with slightly longer trunk) and build the Arteon in the US as well from then on (would also make cheaper prices possible than when importing them from Germany). Make it available with V6 and Hybrid options (both of them of course)!

BTW, I hope next years Jetta will share some of the sexyness of this thing.

Last edited by disap.ed; 04-12-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
I really wonder where this leaves the US Passat, they are pretty much identical in size...BTW, I hope next years Jetta will share some of the sexyness of this thing.
The Arteon is a massively stupid move for the USA. The number of people willing to spend German premium money on a car from a brand that Americans associate as entry level will be few and far between. As a Passat replacement priced and optioned to the penny exactly as the competition is the ONLY way this makes sense. VW just needs to leave the Arteon and the Touareg home.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
VW just needs to leave the Arteon and the Touareg home.
The Touareg is a big mystery for me with the (bigger) Atlas just released.
Has the new one been confirmed for the US?